Pregnancy and Slimming World

I havn't been on here for.....gosh AAGGEESSS.

I'm annoyed/embarrassed/ashamed to say I've put on 1.5stone through my pregnancy to date (i'm 29 weeks on Sunday!)

I do not want to put on anymore and infact really want to get back on the SW plan with the aim of loosing a little bit over the next 11 weeks so I don't have a mamoth task ahead of me at the end.

I have to admit I can not possibly say this is down to pregnancy, well I suppose it is to a degree as I have been so tried and unwell the whole pregnancy pretty much, but its more down to the fact that I have become lax & lazy and have been eating convieneance foods (supernoodles, bolognaise jars, crisps etc all the stuff Im supposed to stay away from!) and I havn't been getting much exercise at all, due to a few reasons, time constraints being the main one (I work full time and by the time I get home, have made tea, tidied up and got my 4 yo in bed, just time for an hour cuddles/chat catch up with the hubby before im cream crackers and need to go to bed) and the other one being constantly feeling sick all the time till 24 weeks....that has gone however I now have SPD (Although it's only mild right now it's painfull to walk more than a few hundred yards!) and anemia (which I think may be down to my lack of eating healthy foods!!

Anyway I have realised my body is actually craving some healty foods, I decided today that I was going to use up my money on my works food card so I would have to bring in breaky/lunch etc and get back on the wagon tomorrow. Well all week I have had Cereal for breaky, a sandwhich, yoghurt & crisps for lunch and felt ok, today I had a saussage & egg sandwhich for breaky and a chip butty and sponge & custard for lunch, I have felt physically sick, lathargic, tired, sluggish and generally terrible since, so I have come to the conclusion my body is after some goodness!!

Im back on the SW Wagon and hopefully I can stay there this time and not use these "excuses" to fall back off it :wave_cry:

Well iv took a test and its negative :( what the hell is wrong with me :( goin to book docs appointment..im such a worrier im diagnosin myself with all sorts :-/

I found this on a website that tells you were your weight gain goes when pregnant:-

Where does the weight go?
  • Baby: 7 to 9 pounds
  • Placenta: 2 to 3 pounds
  • Amniotic fluid: 2 to 3 pounds
  • Uterine enlargement: 2 to 5 pounds
  • Increased blood volume: 4 to 5 pounds
  • Breast enlargement: 1 pound
  • Fluid in maternal tissue: 3 to 4 pounds

Just posting some bargains.

Asda's own version of Bio oil? £1.97 a bottle, besides all the cotton wool and other mum stuff.

I bought a gym/birthing ball today. Argos, £5 including pump and it takes up to 19st 10lbs in weight.

Marks and Spencer have a sale on, so all wee packs of baby gro's/sleepsuits reduced.

Hope this helps.

I'm annoyed/embarrassed/ashamed to say I've put on 1.5stone through my pregnancy to date (i'm 29 weeks on Sunday!)

1.5 is what you should have gained imo! im about 3st heavier now, which is really ****ing appalling! honestly, im gunna have such a nightmare after this baby pops. gutted iv let it get so bad.

hope your all well! back from cyprus, flying was horrible.. the holiday itself was fun and lovely but very very hot, almost unbearable by the end and im SO glad to be home now, my own bath my own bed... ahhh. .. bump is bloody huge now.. shall post a holiday pic for you all x

Fern! Glad to see you enjoyed your holiday :) Bump's looking good! I'll get my pics up this weekend of my 32weeker

1.5 is what you should have gained imo! im about 3st heavier now, which is really ****ing appalling! honestly, im gunna have such a nightmare after this baby pops. gutted iv let it get so bad.

hope your all well! back from cyprus, flying was horrible.. the holiday itself was fun and lovely but very very hot, almost unbearable by the end and im SO glad to be home now, my own bath my own bed... ahhh. .. bump is bloody huge now.. shall post a holiday pic for you all x

Gald you had a good time, i'll be 29 wks when we go on honeymoon to Benidorm lol.........hoping it won't be too hot and at least flight only 2 hrs! Will not book anything until wk before anyway in case i can't fly!

Oh wow Fern!! Your boobies are gorgeous hee hee :D
You look so radiant and so happy! I miss being pregnant, now I'm just fat humpf! You look beautiful!

jojo we booked it for may so it wouldnt be more than 25/27, but the first day there we had a massive thunderstorm overnight, and it just got hotter, and hotter and hotter.. to which it was 35 the day we left, SO hot. i was close to tears most days! bit of an odd holiday really, whilst i loved lazing on the beach etc, i certainly didnt relax and it felt like hard work towards the end!

honey, you can have my boobs!!! they just WONT stop growing, arghhhhhh. they'r so heavy :( lol

i feel so huge now, really big. cant bend down over my bump anymore and iv got 12 weeks to go yet. i love my bump, i love being kicked etc.. but my god, i miss my body. with all the weight iv put on im like a size 14-16 now im sure. i know im pregnant, as everyone LOVES to remind me.. as if iv forgotten! lol .. but im so desperate to do somthing about it but feel like its near on impossible whilst im pregnant, and iv accepted that. before hols i was eating well.. not really sw, but well.. have taken a real liking to porrige or weetabix for breaky, no sweetners or sugars. a glass of orange juice... i loved ham and cheese sandwhich's on seedy bread with a salad and apple for lunch and then an evening meal which is nearly always sw friendly. . . so i dont think id gained any weight for around the past 3 weeks... however this holiday has meant the biggest pizzas youv ever seen, pasta dishes and endless bbqs... bread, bread bread.. *sigh* i wanted fresh veg and fruits but turns out cyprus fruits=crap!

so im home now, i had porrige for breakys yesterday, missed lunch completly (very unlike me, i slept and then got so caught up in issues at home with my mother i just suddenly found it to be 7pm and hadnt eaten..) had an alpen light at some point, and then i had a activia fat free yog.. and we had chilli con carni with wholemeal rice, cheese and total 0%yog. and a whole punnet of strawberries to satisfy my fruit craving! .. today iv had porrige again (the simple sachets 30g) made with milk and water, orange juice.. il have a sandwhich for lunch, though instead of cheese iv got some dairylea light triangles to try and cut down on the amount of cheese i have as i expect whatever i have tonight will have cheese on too!) .. have been having chocolate in some form almost every single day so im REALLY sticking to not having any now.

Heehee totally agree with fruit abroad..........it always looks minging!!!nom pizza ........want one now even though i've had a mc'ds breakfast .......i am rubbish at sw atm!

I've pointed out to OH that abroad may not be the best idea but it may be our last for a while, oh well if he insists he will have to put up with the wrath of hot n bothered Jo! lol

251107_10150320945719745_532654744_9716309_3555443_n.jpg

254361_10150320945789745_532654744_9716311_5769441_n.jpg

Please excuse the mess and Lexie on the bed, but being totally honest I can't be bothered tidying at the moment. plus it's clothes to get put away into storage etc.

So there you go, 32 weeks. BOOM!

ur bump is massive! lol i do kinda miss being preggers, but wont be missing the rest! xxx

I still have 8 weeks to go too, meaning will get bigger next set at 36 weeks. Ulp. Also looks smaller in that pic as have a soft bra on, meaning not as much of a gap as normal between boobs and belly, which makes belly look bigger.

Scary stuff.

looks lovely though :) i only get a belly like that wen i eat too much now:( or as juno says "food baby" xxx

I have just brought my first set of booties for the baby, it brought a tear to my eye. Also, brought some uber cute socks with I love daddy on, but not going to show my oh till they arrive in the post, he is going to adore them :)

Morning Ladies,

Hope you're all well.

Fern - Your bump looks gorgeous!

Felt a bit down in the dumps on Friday, think all the stess the past few days caught up with me, plus my 2yr old is going through another phase of challenging me, so lots of telling off's and naughty spots the past few days.

Had a good day emotionally yesterday, my parents had my daughter whilst I had a snooze around their house which was bliss!

Last night I had really really strong braxton hicks, sometime early this morning, baby woke me up kicking and wriggling like mad, then my stomach started to tense up. I had a few BH Contractions but they soon went away. I was hoping that it might turn into real contractions but sadly nope lol

Been eating cr&p food since Thursday...all emotionally eating, so gonna try and get back on track today. Ive had my milk fruit smoothie so already had nearly all my calcium and two fruits. Just got to keep the healthy eating up.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend xx

Back