Pregnancy and Slimming World

vic_palf said:
Ive got Terrible all day sickness which is stopping me coming on minimins. Thinking, eating reading about food is making me retch- yuk. This is turning my stomach. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now and been like this 2 weeks. Having to hold my breath as I type because it's about food. Is this normal? I can't prepare or eat my normal food. Only eating simple food like bread and ice lollies.

I too am the same and I'm 8-9 weeks. Been like this since bout 3 weeks! :( I can only eat marmalade on toast n ocasionaly other food if I feel like it.

This ur first baby? This my second and with my son I was sick but could still sorta eat n I had sickness much later x

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

congratulations cheeky, sounds like you did a great job with hardly any pain relief! i had everything on offer lol enjoy these precious first moments with your new baby :) xxx

Leeanne910 said:
I too am the same and I'm 8-9 weeks. Been like this since bout 3 weeks! :( I can only eat marmalade on toast n ocasionaly other food if I feel like it.

This ur first baby? This my second and with my son I was sick but could still sorta eat n I had sickness much later x

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Yes it's my first, I was really happy till the sickness started lol xx it's horrible isn't it. X

Thank you everyone for your messages. This is my Isabelle Amelia

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110609_123342.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110609_123342.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 132
  • ForumRunner_20110609_123426.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110609_123426.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 130
aww what a little angel! she looks so tiny in those mittens! u must be very proud xx

Well done cheeky and welcome to Isabelle Amelia, it's such a lovely name. Sounds like it went ok as inductions go and big yay's on the no tearing or stitches :D Also she was a good weight - same as my son who was 11 days late :)

Sorry to those of you still feeling sick - have a chat with your Dr's as they can give you something to help take the edge off it so you can eat.

Congrats to the new members.

This baby is in no hurry to show itself - seems quite comfy where it is even if mummy isn't too comfy at the moment! No signs that it's going to arrive anytime soon - was at midwife yesterday and everything is fine and dandy at the mo. She advised sex - not possible at the mo due to hubby's health, pineapple - the ones in Tesco were not good so haven't bothered with those either.
I've upped my raspberry leaf tea and also started on the evening primrose oil so hoping that will help but not holding my breath at the moment - think this one is just too comfy!

Ive got Terrible all day sickness which is stopping me coming on minimins. Thinking, eating reading about food is making me retch- yuk. This is turning my stomach. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now and been like this 2 weeks. Having to hold my breath as I type because it's about food. Is this normal? I can't prepare or eat my normal food. Only eating simple food like bread and ice lollies.

Yep, felt like this in the first trimester, the thought of eating was a task and going shopping as well. Luckily in the 2nd trimester it faded away and I am eating tons and loving it.

Cheeky - she is absolutely stunning!!

Oooh Rosie, you next!! Hope your bundle takes you by surprise and doesn't keep you waiting too long.

Had a meeting today to discuss when to start my maternity leave - am planning on finishing on the 26th August at 35 weeks. Will take a couple of weeks holiday before my mat leave kicks in though.
Keeping an open mind though after my fall two weeks ago - midwife said it's unlikely the pain and discomfort will get any better through the pregnancy, so if it gets worse due to extra weight etc, I may bring it forward... we'll have to see.

I'm in such a strange situation though, as our office is closing at the end of this year, so I'll be made redundant either at the end of my maternity leave (prefered) or receive all my mat pay in a lump sum at the time the office closes...
Then I'm never coming back... very strange!!

OMG cheeky congrats she absolutely gorgeous, so happy for you, all ickle n pinky!

Sarah, nightmare you're not getting any better, hugs for you, very weird thing for you over work, any ideas what you will do in the new year?

Another sick free day lol!! Just pain in my right side groin/floo area, it will be this round ligiment pain i keep hearing about! Bit uncomfortable to walk about but i'm not worried about it.

Really need to get my arse in gear and start swimming again, there is an aquanatal class on a Wed morning that a quite fancy but can't get there every wk due to shifts! oh well

Hope everyone is ok xx

Sarah, nightmare you're not getting any better, hugs for you, very weird thing for you over work, any ideas what you will do in the new year?

It is wierd - but I'm not the only one, loads of girls decided to try for babies as they announced the office closing last August. If you time it right (like I did :D) you get full maternity pay along with your redundancy

My plan (at the mojo) is to take 9 months off on maternity, I will then be made redundant, then use my redundancy, along with tax/child credits and anything we've got saved to take another year off!
I just think when I've got this opportunity to spend a lot of time with my baby, I would be foolish not to...

So if I stick to my plans, then I will be 'out of work' from August until potentially June 2013!!! Eeek how scary!

After that I have no idea - I have this idea in my head that my career ambitions will change totally after having a baby and I'll be happy working in a supermarket or shop somewhere part time, but I really don't know!

Another sick free day lol!! Just pain in my right side groin/floo area, it will be this round ligiment pain i keep hearing about! Bit uncomfortable to walk about but i'm not worried about it.

Sounds like round ligament - I had it quite a lot from about 11 weeks, until about 18 I think...
Tended to affect me on the right hand side, following my bikini line, and was more when I turned over in bed or sneezed :rolleyes:

Congrats on a sick free day!!

sarah83 said:
Sounds like round ligament - I had it quite a lot from about 11 weeks, until about 18 I think...
Tended to affect me on the right hand side, following my bikini line, and was more when I turned over in bed or sneezed :rolleyes:

Congrats on a sick free day!!

I had SPD when I had my son sounds like this they gave me a brace to wear round my back and hips and it really did help when I had it on as without it I could hardly walk

OMG, the first person today asked me if I am pregnant, such a shock but lovely to be asked! I am sure closer and closer in till the end it will grate on me though, lol

Been to the docs today :sigh: When the doc saw my urine he said i dont think you have any infection the urine looks clear and as it should be but i will test it anyway. Oh boy did he get a suprise when it not only showed protein and acidic urine but also blood traces. He said not to worry :cry:and that it meant my infection was higher up and gave me antibiotics. I need to do another urine sample in 3 weeks time and pop it in to them to c if the infection is gone but he really has got me worried. On top of that he told me to book into c a midwife who would then sort out the 1st scan stuff but i cant get an appointment untill the 1st july and who knows when i will get my first scan:cry:

Been to the docs today :sigh: When the doc saw my urine he said i dont think you have any infection the urine looks clear and as it should be but i will test it anyway. Oh boy did he get a suprise when it not only showed protein and acidic urine but also blood traces. He said not to worry :cry:and that it meant my infection was higher up and gave me antibiotics. I need to do another urine sample in 3 weeks time and pop it in to them to c if the infection is gone but he really has got me worried. On top of that he told me to book into c a midwife who would then sort out the 1st scan stuff but i cant get an appointment untill the 1st july and who knows when i will get my first scan:cry:

I always get a high amount of blood in samples when I have urine infections, I know it's hard not to worry but the doctors never seem all that bothered even when you pee nothing but blood like I did when I was pregnant with my 2nd one. If it's a dating scan you need to book, try ringing the midwives they might be able to arrange it before they see you in 3 weeks time. The doctors usually do my scan and high risk pregnancy referrals and the hospital sends me letters telling me what day I have to get up ridiculously early :p I don't usually see a midwife at all to be honest. ((hugs)) hope the infection clears up soon. Hugs Crystal xx

Back