Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mmmm not sure abt this story.... Obviously its awful for the baby, especially as the burn is so severe but I don't like how the story is written.

Why did the mum give the MW such hot water and why did she not ask what it was for? The MW should have checked the water and she should take the majority of responsiblity but as a mum you ask questions and you should have an understanding what others are doing to your baby.

Sorry if I sound cynical, and its terrible that the poor baby is suffering but i don't think its always fair the medical practitioners get hit without the parent being looked at too.

Hope I don't sound like a b1tch

Last edited:
Just got back from weigh in lost another 4.5lb which gave me my 1/2 a stone award and got slimmer of the week again, feel really guilty now. Hugs Crystal xx

Ugh. Utter pie today. No motivation to eat properly at all today, was taking MIL to Dr's so had to basically roll out of bed, brush teeth, walk dog, shove her in car and go 15 miles to her house.

B: 2 slices WW malted toast - 1 with Damson jam, mug skimmed milk
L: 2 slices bakery bread with Orange flavour cream cheese, can caffiene free diet coke
S: 2 slices Warbuton's Toastie with Marmite. Apple
D: 2 slices thick Warbuton's Toastie, 1/2 tin of beans and 2 slices cheddar cheese

Bread bread bread, no veg and 1 measly piece of fruit. Utter rubbish today. Not happy. Crap intake.

Also shattered, like first trimester all over again, came home and was supposed to hoover, just crawled into bed and slept for 90 minutes.. Still got really dicky tum, 30 minutes after eating anything I'm in the loo.

Feel like I've been hit by a train again. Ah well, not long to go anyway and I really shouldn't complain having had a very easy pregnancy thus far. Got MW tomorrow early morning, and usually I go to Asda and have a brekkie afterwards as I figure one every 4 weeks isn't too bad. Don;t think I'll bother tomorrow though.

Awww lexie hope u feel better soon. I so remember that stage with Jacob! And more when I went over n was in slow labour for 5 days!!

Well I'm confused. I'm 10 weeks today ish. And last 3 days not been sick n nausea has subsided. Some things I have gone off but nothin makin me gag as such. Can it pass at 10 weeks? I had morning sickness till 6 months with my son. And labour!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Leaane the little sickness I did have between 7 - 7:30 at night disappeared at 9 weeks.

Just back from midwife - baby measuring 36 weeks instead of 34. At last check 31 weeks baby was measuring 34. Midwife not offering opinion as to weather baby long or chubby.

Other than that everything is as normal. Baby head down but not engaged yet. Next midwife appt in 2 weeks.

leeanne, its so different for everyone.. enjoy your sick free and eat girl! LOL

lexi, i feel exactly the same, i feel like the first tri train has hit me all over again. im exhausted, iv got lots of period pains aswell, no funny discharge and baby is very active so im not thinking anything of it.. but its very uncomfortable.

eurrrrggghhhhhhhhh

Lexi & Fern- I hope you feel better soon, make sure you rest up and don't over do it!

Leanne- glad your feeling better!! Make the most of it, just in case it rears it's ugly head again :)

I'm still getting some sickness & nausea, still eating like crap but not put any weight on, i feel like i have a full tummy though, so maybe i've put weight on there and lost it else where?

I have my first scan tomorrow at 11!!!! Eeeeek i'm so scared/excited!! Is there anything i have to do? Drink water? not eat?

I've been getting the period like pains for the past 7 - 10 days too Fern. Apprently not to worry about them, just your body preparing.

I'm currently eating a packet of Pom-Bar crisps and watching a film. Just cannot be bothered today.

I did however manage a huge portion of Onken fat free, 2 pieces of fruit and 1 slice of toast with Marmite this morning. Not great but better than yesterday.

I have my first scan tomorrow at 11!!!! Eeeeek i'm so scared/excited!! Is there anything i have to do? Drink water? not eat?

Nope - eat as normal. Drink as normal. Don't worry about having a full bladder as your uterus is now above the pelvic bone so you don't need to worry about pushing it up with a full bladder. So pee away.

Take a magazine/book - I found my scans they ran late, which was no problem to me having something to read. I also took a bottle of water and a piece of fruit.

Hospitals are hot places, esp when pregnant.

If it's your booking appt too, they'll test your urine too and do blood pressure. Mines was high as a kite as they give you the scan first here and I was so excited it had pushed up my BP! lol

Nope - eat as normal. Drink as normal. Don't worry about having a full bladder as your uterus is now above the pelvic bone so you don't need to worry about pushing it up with a full bladder. So pee away.

Take a magazine/book - I found my scans they ran late, which was no problem to me having something to read. I also took a bottle of water and a piece of fruit.

Hospitals are hot places, esp when pregnant.

If it's your booking appt too, they'll test your urine too and do blood pressure. Mines was high as a kite as they give you the scan first here and I was so excited it had pushed up my BP! lol
Thank you! I've been reading in other places that you need to drink a liter of water, a pint of water, no water! When i'm nervous i always have to drink cold water, also i popped over to the hospital last week to see where i have to go (i'm pathetic like that!) and it was really hot! I hope it doesn't kick off a panic attack!
Luckily i've had my booking app at my local clinic so it should just be the scan, hopefully it won't run too late.

I did wonder when my uterus moved up, i thought it was around this time but wasn't sure...thanks :)

i always found i got best pictures from early scans if you have two normal cups of water, but no more- too much water makes it difficult to see and they'l send you to the loo! x

Thanks squiggy! I'm bother nervous & excited! I'm just not good at going out at the moment (anxiety) but apart from that i am excited!! The last few weeks seems to have gone quickly but before, time was going so slowly :giggle:
How are you doing? Did you go to the doctors?

Back