Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had the community nurse visit my Dizzy Izzy.

She had her heel prick test and got weighed. My Izzy has gained 10g which is brilliant as many babies lose up 10% so the fact she gained is really good.

She does have slight jaundice but there is no massive concern.

The nurse also helped me try and get Dizzy to latch on which she did really well. So gonna try breastfeeding again and not expressing. Fingers crossed.

Can't believe Dizzy is a week old tomorrow at 7.30pm!

Love reading this thread! My DH and I are in serious TTC mode :) and feel so inspired reading about your weight managements on Slimming World throughout pregnancy. It's the reason I joined SW to lose the weight and be a first time mom! Hope you don't mind me hanging out here and wish me luck hopefully will have a BFP soon

Thanks squiggy! I'm bother nervous & excited! I'm just not good at going out at the moment (anxiety) but apart from that i am excited!! The last few weeks seems to have gone quickly but before, time was going so slowly :giggle:
How are you doing? Did you go to the doctors?

it will be greatcant wait to see the pics!!!

I need to have a bit of a get it off my chest moment and i apolgise in advance for the long thread :wave_cry:...but any advice would be great!

Ever since i came off the pill i have had soooo many problems..i had 2 normal periods then i went 2 and a half months with out one (load of tests at docs could not find anything wrong) they did suggest having a scan but my period came on so i thought i would wait and see what happend with my next period. Next period was 3 weeks late (could not be bothered with going the docs again felt like i was being messes around and not took seriously).

This month i had sex a few times during my fertile week. then literally 5 days later i became quite poorly...i was sick could not eat just felt generally completly worn out...i lost 11 pounds in the 2 weeks i was not very well.

I was due on a week last thursday but again did not come on. last friday when i went toilet and wiped there was a pink tint and i thought my period was coming on but i got nothing more...since then i am constantly tired and have had period like pains but no period...i also feel like i have pulled a big muscle in my belly but i have done nothing to cause it. i took a test on sunday just in case and it was negative.

im just completley fed up now with my body i am going to try and get in my doctors again to book in for the scan to check my overies. im just a bit worried in case im told something bad!

omg..that post was a bit long but i feel a bit better now!! :eek:

Oh squiggy what a horrible couple of months. I think visiting the GP's is the best option...i know its a bit scary but it'd be so much better for you to really know whats going on in there! il be keeping my fingers crossed you get the all clear and a nice BFP soon xxx

Oh squiggy what a horrible couple of months. I think visiting the GP's is the best option...i know its a bit scary but it'd be so much better for you to really know whats going on in there! il be keeping my fingers crossed you get the all clear and a nice BFP soon xxx

Thanks Fern! i know i need to get sorted..work is so manic at the moment and my doctors are just awful and getting a decent appointment. does not help that there seems to be a right baby boom going on round me at the moment. i just want to know where i stand withmy body so i can get on with it.

and to be honest i think the scans will be fine i really think its to do with me coming off the pill but not finishing my packet. i have been on the pill that long that i cant even remember if i had regular periods to begin with!

x.squiggy.x said:
it will be greatcant wait to see the pics!!!

I need to have a bit of a get it off my chest moment and i apolgise in advance for the long thread :wave_cry:...but any advice would be great!

Ever since i came off the pill i have had soooo many problems..i had 2 normal periods then i went 2 and a half months with out one (load of tests at docs could not find anything wrong) they did suggest having a scan but my period came on so i thought i would wait and see what happend with my next period. Next period was 3 weeks late (could not be bothered with going the docs again felt like i was being messes around and not took seriously).

This month i had sex a few times during my fertile week. then literally 5 days later i became quite poorly...i was sick could not eat just felt generally completly worn out...i lost 11 pounds in the 2 weeks i was not very well.

I was due on a week last thursday but again did not come on. last friday when i went toilet and wiped there was a pink tint and i thought my period was coming on but i got nothing more...since then i am constantly tired and have had period like pains but no period...i also feel like i have pulled a big muscle in my belly but i have done nothing to cause it. i took a test on sunday just in case and it was negative.

im just completley fed up now with my body i am going to try and get in my doctors again to book in for the scan to check my overies. im just a bit worried in case im told something bad!

omg..that post was a bit long but i feel a bit better now!! :eek:

Aww squiggy I really feel for you.

Im not really sure what to say with TTC but I think you should go back to your doctors, especially with the symptoms you've got. I know its hard to trust our bodies, especially when we so want to be pregnant that we question any symptoms you experience.

I know that its easier said than done but please try not to stress too much. This can affect your body and that's the last thing you need.

It's good that your doctor took you seriously, so let's hope he/she will help you. I honestly hope that there is nothing wrong and its just a matter of getting the right day.

Keep your chin up hun x

Its good you feel positive within that your scans will be ok, still worth getting done but i suspect that you may be right. the pill can really mess up our system, after all its not really natural to 'control' our periods, its not what nature intended. Dont get me wrong its needed for protection for when were not ready for babies, but it can mean it makes life harder when we do want them.

I know how hard it is to feel like its happening to everyone but you, stay strong and hopeful and dont add stress to the problem. When this happens for you, it will be so amazing. xox

Thanks cheeky and fern! i will ring the doctors and see if i can get in so they can book my scan! it will be an internal one which i hate. Tmi on the way but last time i had one i popped the spectrum out it hurt that much...the look on the nurses face was priceless! hope it means iv got good vagina muscles!! lol!

psml! .. thats mad. im so lucky, iv never had to have an internal.. even at 6 wks she could see it without having to use an internal! makes you wonder whether they do them uneedingly sometimes, cos it was the size of a poppyseed at 6 wks and the only way you could tell it was there was cos it was flashing with a heartbeat!

Good luck squiggy I hope you get answers soon, I don't think about internal scans as just let it happen and concetrate on the detail of the room. I mean lets face we will have our whole vagina on show when given birth,lol

O i don't mind getting it out lol. Just i tense up really bad. Husband thinks i should do a show for him with ping pong balls!!

FernXx said:
psml! .. thats mad. im so lucky, iv never had to have an internal.. even at 6 wks she could see it without having to use an internal! makes you wonder whether they do them uneedingly sometimes, cos it was the size of a poppyseed at 6 wks and the only way you could tell it was there was cos it was flashing with a heartbeat!

I take it you mean they seen the flashing heartbeat by a scan?? just had an imagine of a nurse taking a quick peep up there and seeing a red flashing light!!

Excited bout my evening.

Just put little dude to bed.

Other half is running a bath for us to share, pjs are ready and some tv snuggles together :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Squiggy, Everyone has said what i was going to say, doctors is your best bet :) I'm sorry you're going through so much stress- all i can say is good luck and try to relax (i know easier said than done!) *huggles*

P.s- Better go get yourself some pingpong balls hehe

Hi everyone, can't believe its been 4 days since i've posted! Just read all posts up to now n can't remember what anyone has said except squiggy and ping pong balls.........what an image!!!!!! lol

Been very busy getting off my arse and planning my wedding which is in 6 wks time, am currently crafting away doing unusual invites!Still loads to sort such as my dress but gonna sort that after my break away in a caravan next week..... can't wait!

Anyway off to the docs tomorrow, pain in my pubic bone getting worse after walking about and standing so better get it sorted, got a horrible feeling its spd, on a brighter note i'm getting the flutterbyes now and and looking pregnant as well as just fat! lol:happy036:

On the weight front in the 11 wks i've known i'm pg i've gained 5lb:eek: which isn't too bad i've been known to do that in a wk :8855:

kisses to you all xx

Jojo how many weeks r u?

Hope ur all well!

I gained 0.5lb today but it's ok I'm still off plan! So gonna try to be on plan as of Saturday if we have the money! Now sickness an nausea is subsiding!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

I am off for a swim and probably a long sleep as it is do tiring work. My appitite is getting smaller now, I wounder where it is because in about 4wks time I am hitting third trimester :/

Hi Ladies

Can i join in please? Im 26+6 and have decided to use SW in my last trimester to keep my weight in check, so far i have gained 2st 5lbs and i am starting to feel uncomfortable so would like to (hopefully) not gain too much more by using EE. My last pregnancy i put on 4 1/2 st :( but had lost it all within 6 months, i have used SW on and off for years and think getting back into the SW way now will help when baby is here.

Wednesday EE

Brekkie: 2 weetabix (hex b) fat free yoghurt and mixed berries
Coffee with milk and little bit of sugar 1.5

Lunch: Jacket Pot with beans, ham and salad

Dinner: Pasta with roasted veg and chicken in tomato sauce, parmesan (hex b)

Snacks: Lots of water, fruit, boiled egg. Will add any syns later

Wish me luck!!x

Back