Pregnancy and Slimming World

Leeanne im 16+3 now!!!!

Welcome Missy n good luck with SW , i've manages 1 day on plan so far this wk lol should be ok the next 4 days as at work and meals all planned! Plus i have a massive bowl of strawberries in the fridge all handpicked by me yesterday...........super speed the wk away!!!!!

Anyway been the docs over this pubic pain, as i thought a waste of time! She just said to expect it the baby is growing like i was stupid!!! I had to laugh! Paracetamol n exercise especially swimming. I have no excuse over swimming local pool is 1 min walk away! At least she said it wasn't SPD, shes also taken a wee sample to send off in case its an infection. Do you think its worth mentioning to midwife?

xx

Welcome Missyy - good luck!
My main problem at the moment is I can't plan because I'm still feeling so fussy about food!! I think 'oh I'll get that out the freezer for tea' then when it comes to tea time I can't think of anything worse to eat!! I would really like to get back into Slimming World but it's just not happening for me at the moment, so I'm concentrating on getting my 5 a day and drinking lots of water, and minimising the baddies!

Jojo - I'd still mention to the midwife if I were you - she's bound to be a bit more clued up on pregnancy related stuff I would have thought. I've always thought it must be tricky for doctors to try and remember anything that could possibly be wrong with you!!

Looking forward to next week - got our 'babymoon' booked - a week in Tenby! We've rented an apartment, trouble is it's 2nd floor which I'm starting to think was a bad idea. I just hope this weather clears up by Saturday!
Can't wait to have a week chilling out, am thinking deck chair on the beach, ice creams and fish and chips!
I really need a holiday now so can't WAIT!!

Had a horrible day yesterday - meeting in London so 2 hour train journey each way plus stuffy tube and uncomfortable chairs in the 6 hour meeting. Not good when sitting is still really sore for me... I think it may have set me back a bit as I was starting to feel a bit better. On the plus side baby was very very active all day yesterday... obviously excited about a day out to London!!

Sarah I was in Asda the other day and you popped into my head. Our Asda has a pharmacy and they sell a Coccyx cushion. I wondered if it would be any good for you but I didn't have time to have a proper look at it to see what it did.

On an unrelated note, I've just been sent a BMJ journal which cites a study done on pregnant women and still birth. They studied sleep patterns, snoring and the effect on still birth and I have to say it's all rather knee jerk and a bit tenuous, yet has people rather worried.

Nap during the afternoon in 3rd trimester (yes I do) increases risk of still birth
Get up once or less to pee during the night (yup just once) increases risk
Sleep on left side? (yes) decreases risk

I can't get hold of the full study variables though so its difficult to try and see exactly how they explain the increased risk factors, also the sample size was rather small to begin with so I'm curious as to how this has been identified as increasing risk.

Lexi - only once a night for a pee, lucky you lol! 2/3/4 times a night for me! Hows the house moving going? Any news yet?

Sarah - i will ring MW 2m , meant to do it today but got sidetracked and now at work with no numbers in my mobile tut tut. Loving the 'babymoon' can't really say we're having the same next wk cos my sister and her family will be with us but the fish n chips n ice cream will be a definate! Hope you have a fantastic time n weather behaves!

I'm always very dubious of studies like that - and think that surely most of the time it's just coincidence rather than any sort of relation between the two... how on earth could a nap increase the risk??
Interesting reading though.

Thank you for thinking of me :D

Funnily enough we actually bought a coccyx cushion just after I did it - not cheap either - £25!! Probably a lot cheaper in Asda...
But it's got a soft, almost egg box type cushioning which at the moment I've found doesn't really help as it makes the muscles spasm. I'm hoping I'll be able to use it once I get a bit better and the pain is less intense and it'll be a relief then. At the moment I find harder (but well supported) chairs are suiting me better

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just to let you guys know that my bump is now a little boy.

Went into labour on Monday (sometime during the day) but noticed it while at group on monday evening - still went home for tea before I did anything though!!
Went to hospital at 9.30pm - Adam Robin arrived at 10.25am on Tuesday 14th June weighing 7lb 1.
Will catch up later as I'm just back from the hospital.

congratulations on your little boy!! :) xxx

Congratulations Rosie, can't wait to see some pictures. Hugs Crystal xx

Congrats Rosie!

Once a night for pee - now yes, but used to be more than that. Think years of nursing training has trained my bladder to expand mightily!

Lexie, YOU NEXT!! :D

I know!!!! :D

Ante natal classes start 20th June. I mean why 4 weeks before you're due? Doesn't make sense to me!

Bag packed just in case baby comes early. Ready to rock and roll except for a cot etc

Ooh congratulations Rosie... How amazing!
Eek so next is:
Lexie
Fern
Me/Bunny - can't really call it with a day between us!

Congrats Rosie x

Hope everyone else doing ok. I did something I shouldn't have this week. Did a clear blue on mon expecting it to have gone to 3+ but it said 2-3. Got myself a bit freaked out to be honest. Trying not to think about it but it's hard. My first positive on a normal line test was really faint 1 day after period due so I'm just hoping that the clearblue was saying that as I conceived later in my cycle?? Or that when it says the indicator is only 92% accurate I'm in the 8%. Anyway sorry to ramble but as only me and hubby know I have no one else to talk to!!! x

Maybe it works on an estimate based on the amount of hormone that should be in your body, possibly make a doctors appointment and ask if they can do a blood test to check the HCG levels for you. When I was pregnant with my first one, they thought he was ectopic, with all the pain and massive amounts of bleeding they often thought he was a miscarriage and did repeat pregnancy tests, and blood tests I had one after my 20 week scan that barely registered as being pregnant because my HCG levels were just so low. They could see from all the ultrasounds that he was fine (even if they did think he was a girl lol). Every single one of mine has been smaller on the scans than the dates say they should be, it's especially amusing when you can tell them the exact day you had sex on, they work out the widest possible conception window and they still can't get the dates to measure up to the babies. Hugs Crystal xx

Thanks I'm trying not to think about it I googled it and there are loads of people saying they can be dodgy with the conception bit. Might go doctors and ask but worried they might think I'm nuts! got my midwife appointment through 2
weeks tomorrow and counting! x

Congratulations Rosie!! Can't wait for the photos :)

Had my 1st scan today :) It was amazing, everything was fine but i had to jump up and down to wake it up so she could check the legs :giggle: It loves to snooze just like it's mummy :D

Attachments

• nameless.jpg
    nameless.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 61
Back