Pregnancy and Slimming World

Its a complete myth that you cant colour your hair, but yes it is rare, but possible that your hair colour may not be exactly what you wanted but only by a shade or so- it wont go purple like you may be imagining! The only thing i would personally avoid is bleach straight onto the scalp as its very strong- but unless your a bit silly then i dont imagine any of you will. Iv coloured plenty of pregnant ladies hair, in salon and out- If there was substantial concern they wouldnt allow it. xx

Hi all. I've had it confirmed that I am miscarrying. Thanks for all your positive thoughts x x x

rach_y said:
Hi all. I've had it confirmed that I am miscarrying. Thanks for all your positive thoughts x x x

Ooooh rach_y hugs to u and ur oh!!!! So sorry to hear that xxx

sorry to here that, i hope your family are around to look after you *hugs* xxxx

Thanks everyone, just wasn't our time but i'm so upset. I've got the most wonderful husband and we will be fine. I'll keep checking in to see how your all getting on and will hopefully be back sometime later on in the year x x

Rach_y - hopefully we'll see you soon. Take care until then :)

Ante natal class was alright - a bit boring to be honest but think that's because it was the first one.

Rach - I had a MC last year in October so can emphasis, feel pregnant two months after, first month was out of the question as needed medication and then bang second month I was sucessful. Good luc kand I hope you be back soon :)

Hi All,
I am wondering if this is the right place for a pregnant new member to the board?
It would be nice to support and have support from other pregnant SW followers.
I am new to the plan and doing Extra Easy from home in order to keep my pregnancy weight gain as low as possible while remaining super-healthy.
Kim x

Hi Ladies, how are you all doing?

Dizzy Izzy and I are doing well. In the end, I ended up bottle feeding Izzy. By the time my nipples stopped being so sore Izzy had got used to the bottle and couldn't be bothered to work getting milk from my boobies lol

Her night and days are still back to front so I'm up every 2hrs or so feeding her, comforting her or changing her haha. Hoping that it doesn't last too long.

Lexie - You remember you asked abt dressing baby...... I can tell you that Izzy has just been in a baby grow suits, with no vest or hat. If we go out she has a hat, baby grow, little cardie and a warm blanket

Fern/Lexie - How many weeks have you girls got? Bet its not long now

X

kimbers100 said:
Hi All,
I am wondering if this is the right place for a pregnant new member to the board?
It would be nice to support and have support from other pregnant SW followers.
I am new to the plan and doing Extra Easy from home in order to keep my pregnancy weight gain as low as possible while remaining super-healthy.
Kim x

Hi welcome to the thread :) u will feel welcome here! I do sw at home too as been doin it for 4 yrs now on off.
How many weeks are u x

Rachy so so sorry hun :,( wish I could find words to help but there isn't any to help. Snding u hugs. Hope to see u back soon! Do pop am say hi to us all xxx we are still here for u xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Kimbers - welcome!

Cheeky - I have 4 weeks and 2 days to go. Thanks for the info about the baby dressing. I went to first ante natal class and said I'd packed my bag. Midwife leading the class said I need 12 baby outfits if I'm going to be in for 2 nights? As babies are 'mucusy' and make loads of mess. I was like 'seriously?' I've packed 4 baby gos/sleepsuits, one coming home outfit and 4 baby vests.

If that's the case I can get husband to bring me in more when I need them when he visits.

***TMI ALERT*** IN WHITE TEXT, SO HIGHLIGHT TO READ. I'm sparing those of a sensitive disposition :)
I'm now getting sharp shooting pains right in my 'foof' periodically and still getting the braxton hicks frequently. I've also noticed that when I go to the loo there's some mucus but I've not noticed a big wodge of it. Do you think shooting pains are cervix beginning to dilate and the mucus is the plug starting to move away a bit at a time?...

I have MW next Tuesday, so will ask then.

Lexie_dog said:
Kimbers - welcome!

Cheeky - I have 4 weeks and 2 days to go. Thanks for the info about the baby dressing. I went to first ante natal class and said I'd packed my bag. Midwife leading the class said I need 12 baby outfits if I'm going to be in for 2 nights? As babies are 'mucusy' and make loads of mess.

If that's the case I can get husband to bring me in more when I need them when he visits.

***TMI ALERT*** IN WHITE TEXT, SO HIGHLIGHT TO READ. I'm sparing those of a sensitive disposition :)
I'm not getting sharp shooting pains right in my 'foof' periodically and still getting the braxton hicks frequently. I've also noticed that when I go to the loo there's some mucus but I've not noticed a big wodge of it. Do you think shooting pains are cervix beginning to dilate and the mucus is the plug starting to move away a bit at a time?...

I have MW next Tuesday, so will ask then.

Wow not long now! Can't believe how quickly its gone.

12 Suits! Crickey that's excessive! I took 3 baby grows, 3vests, Hat and mits and Izzy only wore two baby grows.....one after delivery and one coming home. You will need at least 3 in case baby has an accident.

Staying in for 2nights! Personally I don't think so. With both my babies I stayed in one night and was home the next day. Abbie was born at 13.50 Tues and I was out 16.30 Wed and with Izzy she was born 19.30Wed and I was out 14.30Thurs

As for the pain, it could be your cervix getting ready. I got a lot of shooting pains on my cervix in the last few weeks, especially when Izzy became head down and got the hiccups lol. Sounds like your plug is starting to come away I lost my plug slowly and then had one big about just before labor

Yeah I thought that was a lot of outfits too. Plus she said we'd need 4 pairs of pregnancy PJ's? What do they expect us to be doing?

Their policy is to keep you in for 2 nights at least to ensure proper latching etc, if baby's not up to full speed with feeds then 3 nights. She just laughed when I said I wanted home after 6 hours/1 night. Then asked what I did for a living 'Nurse' then said 'Oh I see and laughed again'

The delivery suites are lovely, 2 birthing pools, but each room has it's own en-suite with big bath and shower, I-Pod docking station, birthing ball. They are firm believers in 'active birthing' so have installed 3 bars in the rooms at varying heights for squatting/standing at and will do pretty much anything to keep you off your back.

Online tour here: Southern General Maternity Unit New Extension Virtual Tour

Back