Pregnancy and Slimming World

Wow! You're so lucky!!! It's like a hotel room!

Wish I had been there, I wouldn't complain If I had to stay for 2nights there haha. Two nights of just you and baby, that would be lush

I think that's great they have the approach on the active labor, especially as they provide environment. Wish my hospital had the same facilities

Lexie, how much would i love my birthing suit to be like that? jelous.com! - yes it does sound like your mucas plug might be dislodging slowly. yay!

Cheeky sorry to hear dizzy is on the bottle, but thats okay isnt it? you sound pretty positive about it! and you have your nipples back to yourself! and less sore i should hope! poor boobies :( Glad shes doing well, boo for the 2 hourly feeds and changes though! lol

Im 32 weeks friday. So just over 2 months/8 weeks to go now.. feels like forever!! lol

The last few night i have had a really sore tummy. I dont *think* im constipated but maybe? baby is lying on my bladder lots now and it constantly feels like i need to go, but i can only piddle tiny bits at a time as everythings so squished i think.

The last 2 nights i keep waking up feeling a bit 'panicked' not really panicky but i have a feeling that baby is planning an early arrival? im not sure why.. just a feeling. But maybe thats my impatience showing a little as im so bored at home.

kimbers welcome! how many weeks are you? x

I really can't complain about the facilities at the hospital at all. The staff are supposed to be lovely also and the only thing that comes under criticism is the food (no real surprise lol) and the parking, but to be honest food and parking are the least of my worries

I really can't complain about the facilities at the hospital at all. The staff are supposed to be lovely also and the only thing that comes under criticism is the food (no real surprise lol) and the parking, but to be honest food and parking are the least of my worries

Find me one hospital without a food and parking complaint and il be suprised! my hospital (southmead) have a brand new unit so im looking forward to that, the staff are also excellent and the hosp is about half hour from here so im happy about that. I also know a few of the mw's personally.. however they are also expecting so no one i know will be on duty when i pop! One born every minute is actually due to film there from septemeber... thankgod its not august.

Haha! Bet you after all this I end up going into labour in the middle of nowhere and give birth in the car. ;)

Afternoon ladies, welcome Kimbers, still feeling a bit down today, I didn't realize I hadn't told you what my dad said, think I was having trouble believing any parent would actually say that to their child. His exact words were "Oh just like your mother then, didn't you consider having an abortion". It's not like I have a whole hoard of kids, this may be my 6th pregnancy but I only have 2 kids. I have had 2 miscarriages and lost my 2nd little one when he was three months old. My mum has 10 kids altogether and comparing me to her is a low blow regardless, I have spent my whole life trying to be the polar opposite of her. We have never had a great relationship, highlights *sarcasm* include her beating me up and kicking me out at 16 because I had a boyfriend and stopped giving her my entire wage packet each week, causing a fight and giving me a lovely black eye and scratches down my face and chest at my babies funeral, refusing to come to my wedding and trying to hit my great grandmother (who was 76 at the time). I went to weigh in last night and put on 0.5lb I don't think it would have bothered me if I hadn't already been feeling really depressed. Didn't really want to stay but kind of felt guilty that Nan had made me get a taxi there because of the pouring rain and felt like I would have wasted the £4 on it if I just left. I also don't think I have mentioned here that Nan is currently in hospital and has been there 6 weeks with no sign of coming home yet. Really struggling to hold it all together at the moment, sorry for rambling, guess I just didn't know what else to do, usually talk to Nan but don't want to worry her. Hugs Crystal xx

Crystal. Im so sorry to hear your dad was so cruel. What he said is really mean and it sounds like neither parents have ever been particuarly supportive, I am also very sorry to hear of the loss of your little one. Pain like that can never truely be understood unless you have suffered it yourself and i am sorry that you had to go through that- i know i certainly couldnt do it myself so it shows that you are an incredibly strong person, to carry on and be a great mummy to your children.

I suspect it may take a few days, even weeks before you start feeling a little brighter with all you have going on right now. Were all here and full of hormones and ready to chat if you need too. massive hugs lovely. xxx

- just got back from the midwife myself.. baby is 1/5 engaged and my tummy pains are braxton hicks.. not constipation lol.. id expected them to be stronger but im sure iv worse to come. Im also sure baby will pop back out of engaged position as i have a fair amount of time left, though it freaked me out a bit when she said as i mentioned earlier about having a 'feeling' baby will make an early arrival the past few days. I think thats more my impatient side showing through bordem of now being at home.

I also have a wee infection.. :D again.. lol sigh.

xx

Rach_y - am so sorry to hear your sad news, thoughts are with you xxx

Lexie - 2 nights, that's crazy, I had my little man at 10 past midnight and was having a cup of tea in my own bed by 5am!

Fern - I would love to be on One Born Every Minute, though I would come out looking pretty awful I am sure!

Lukasmummy - am so sorry to hear how awful your dad has been with you, and your mum's past behaviour is shocking. All you can do with influences like that is as you said act the polar opposite, and be the best mummy you can be to your beautiful children. Really hope you can put your dad's awful words behind you and focus on what really matters. Hope your nan is better soon x

Went to the doctors today and she confirmed I am indeed with child - mega excited!!! Have booked my first midwife appt for four weeks time, and I have the same midwife as with Charlie so couldn't be happier!

Shelley x

Crystal - what a horrid thing to say to you. I don't know what else to say really to make you feel better. It really was very hurtful.

Fern - 1/5! Exciting! But not too exciting - hoping the baby bakes for another few weeks yet.

CharliesMum - Congrats!

And in some good news, or house buying and sale is finalised - almost. I think. I've never bought a new build so there's some bits I'm not sure what happens. Mortgage sorted, which means purchase price agreed. Going to do walkthrough on Friday and after that its just agreeing a moving date really. Excited!

fern u look great! no sign of a double chin or anything! lol i had like 5 chins whilst preggers :( tho they say its more face and belly with a girl and bums and legs with a boy (dont know where they get that) but im betting youll have a boy :) i just realised that sounds bad but i dont mean it that way,lol u look really great :) xxx

Juicy iv gained it everywhere really, but iv always carried my weight evenly (aside from my huge boobies!) - so its hard to really go on any old wives tales! iv got a little double chin now, hiding it as best as i can! arms a bit chunkier but thighs and arse deffo alot bigger!

i cant wait to find out what flavour babe is now. Im on a countdown! need to brew a fair bit longer yet :p

dont be silly hun u look lovely trust me - i dont see any excess on you! yes good idea, let baby brew a little longer lol i bet you will have a boy tho -if we could place virtual bets i would! (saying that itll be a girl now)lol! bet ur really excited and nervous- nothing better than being a first time mum :) xxx

Morning ladies

I need help! How did u all deal with morning sickness while in work??!! I feel like death today!!! Arrrrrgh!

I had to munch on biscuits and sip hot water. Was still sick but least I wasn't hungry or thirsty which made me worse.

With my son I ate a banana as I found I wasn't as sick and after Reading up it has potasium in that settles your tum. But I found if I was sick it wasn't so bad as narna is smooth :/ hope that helps xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

I just weighed in :) bear in mind I have only just got bk on plan since finding out and....

I lost 3lb :)

I have no idea how! Did lots of walkin the weekend and been on plan but not weighing or measuring or depriving!

So now I'm 11 weeks preg I weigh 4lb less than when I found out!

I'm sure in pregnancy my metabolism is high! I lost 2stone when preg with Jacob!

I feel fat today as well! 3lb is good goin. If I keep this up as long as possible n gain little I will improve my blood pressure :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Back