Pregnancy and Slimming World

Morning ladies

I need help! How did u all deal with morning sickness while in work??!! I feel like death today!!! Arrrrrgh!

By running to the loo every five minutes lol, and then going home! lol some days i couldnt even get out of bed it was every hour. not good when your teaching a class full of pre-schoolers on your own. :( hope you feel better soon xx

Leeanne910 said:
I just weighed in :) bear in mind I have only just got bk on plan since finding out and....

I lost 3lb :)

I have no idea how! Did lots of walkin the weekend and been on plan but not weighing or measuring or depriving!

So now I'm 11 weeks preg I weigh 4lb less than when I found out!

I'm sure in pregnancy my metabolism is high! I lost 2stone when preg with Jacob!

I feel fat today as well! 3lb is good goin. If I keep this up as long as possible n gain little I will improve my blood pressure :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Well done! Well I decided to bite the bullet and go back to Sw since I found out (3 weeks ago) and I put on 4lbs!!! Back on the wagon for me today gonna try ur suggestion of a banana and see if that helps! Thanks!!!

FernXx said:
By running to the loo every five minutes lol, and then going home! lol some days i couldnt even get out of bed it was every hour. not good when your teaching a class full of pre-schoolers on your own. :( hope you feel better soon xx

Oh god I couldn't imagine having to run around after preschoolers and feel like this! Lucky for me I have a desk job so I've just bn disappearing from my desk a lot! Lol

Lol fern i worked in a day nursery with preschool and moved to baby room with poo nappies and I kept passin out with low blood pressure! So cudnt do nappies but the room was by the kitchen and it's in an Asian community so ur talkin curries and lots of onions! I was sik a lot with my son all through pregnancy and in labour!

I am so greatful this time! Sick gone! Wooooooooo happy days! Wonder if it's pink as I was so sick with blue? Or might be cuz it's a different daddy? Hmmms ohhhh i'm too curious!

Fern - you look amazing! What a lovely neat bump :) fungers crossed this time around I will have a neater bump, last time I just looked like a whale!

Am starting to feel a little queasy this am which is not good, don't know how I will I cope if I get morning sickness as badly this time as with Charlie, as am now a qualifed nurse (last time I was a student and could get out of loads!). We only have two nurses on shift so will have to do my fair share of wound care and suctioning etc, it makes me gag a little anyway, so with bubba it doesn't bare thinking about!
Though my doctor did say yesterday it probably won't be as bad this time (was hospitalised last time) unless I have more than one in which case it will be much worse :s

Hope you're all well, Shelley x

Fern you Definatley are glowing!!

Well i came on today so body must be functioning!! I am going to try my hardest to get my little egg fertilized this month!! i want a baby!!!

Fern you Definatley are glowing!!

Well i came on today so body must be functioning!! I am going to try my hardest to get my little egg fertilized this month!! i want a baby!!!

Good luck sweetie. Hugs Crystal xx

Good luck squiggy!

charlies_mummy- i was on some little white tablets (cyclazine possibly, but may jsut be making that up!) to stop sickness.. they did work. didnt stop the nausia but deffo helped the sickness... just incase it does come on!!

xx

lost 1/2lb a wi this morn, am very pleased. xx

Just drawn up my baby list for shopping expedition on 30th June.

Mothercare
Moses basket
Bath
Nappy stacker
changing mat
blanket
Cot mattress
Hooded towels
Baby care set

John Lewis
Cot
Moses basket sheets
Cot sheets

Babies R us - Moses Basket stand

Argos
Baby gym
Baby bouncer
Car seat

Total? £360. Holy s**t, babies are expensive. And that's with me shopping about to make it as cheap as I can, checking all prices online. :cry:

My feet are killing me, they are so painful after walking around like an hr in town. I never had this problem before and it really sucks :/

I got push chair, rear car seat and changing bag all for £30, second hand but pretty much in brillent condition. Ebay saves a fortune if you don't mind it not being brand new.

Last edited:
Just drawn up my baby list for shopping expedition on 30th June.

Mothercare
Moses basket
Bath
Nappy stacker
changing mat
blanket
Cot mattress
Hooded towels
Baby care set

John Lewis
Cot
Moses basket sheets
Cot sheets

Babies R us - Moses Basket stand

Argos
Baby gym
Baby bouncer
Car seat

Total? £360. Holy s**t, babies are expensive. And that's with me shopping about to make it as cheap as I can, checking all prices online. :cry:

Primark/tesco/sainsburys or even toys r us do hooded towels and blankets a lot cheaper than mothercare (they are usually the most expensive place for everything except safety stuff and pushchair accessories), for your baby care stuff try a local chemist they can often be a lot cheaper, personally I always bought stuff like that in the local wilkinsons or 99p store :p I can't say I ever used my changing mat, and it was a pain to store. I had a travel one (or 6 lol) for outside and used a thick towel on the floor at home. It's obviously entirely up to you but this might help bring the costs down a little. Hugs Crystal xx

Hooded towels in Mothercare are 3 for £6.50 at the moment as long as you don't mind them being blue. Primarks are £4 each.

The baby care set is the wee scissors, comb, nasal aspirator etc, I'm having trouble sourcing a suitable aspirator that isn't huge for a wee baby's nose.

Am excited I am starting my infant massage buisness up in a couple of months!!

Bit extra income for when bubs arrives!

Hooded towels in Mothercare are 3 for £6.50 at the moment as long as you don't mind them being blue. Primarks are £4 each.

The baby care set is the wee scissors, comb, nasal aspirator etc, I'm having trouble sourcing a suitable aspirator that isn't huge for a wee baby's nose.

That's a good price, didn't realise they had such a good sale on, not that we need anything except clothes when we find out if it's pink or blue. I never used aspirators since special care advised against them probably because mine were so tiny, hope you manage to get everything you want. Hugs Crystal xx

The hooded towels deals are as follows if interested

Blue - 3 for £6.50
Cuddle 'n' dry hooded towels - 3pk : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

Cream, pink and pastels - £10 for 3
Cuddle 'n' Dry Hooded Towels - Cream - 3pk : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop
Cuddle 'n' Dry Hooded Towels - 3pk Pink : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop
Cuddle 'n' Dry Hooded Towels - Pastels - 3pk : mothercare- Nursery Equipment, Maternity Clothes & Baby Shop

Mothercare's sale at the moment is quite good, John Lewis will price match anything (hopefully)

I'll double check about the nasal aspirator Crystal and see what they say - first baby so not really sure what's needed and what's not :) It's why it's good when people who have has babies before are on here :)

I remember 99 days to go! Seems like ages away lol!

Got mortgage and all that sorted on new house, going to view it for some snagging today and then hopefully we'll look at dates of entry etc. Hopefully *fingers crossed* we'll be moved in before baby makes grand appearance!!

Back