Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh it's so sad. Its why the only thing that makes me really properly stress is when I couldn't feel baby as much and I've been to maternity Assessment twice for reassurance. I always feel like a bit of a diddy afterwards as baby has been fine, but it's a horrible feeling when the baby's just having a 'sleepy/lazy' day.

I feel bad about coming on to rant about Mother In Law, so posted in in off topic instead.

Last edited:
Lexi sorry my lovely, you should have just posted!

iv been to DAU twice myself too between 20-24 weeks because baby stopped moving or i had funny pains and i felt really silly after too.. im so grateful baby is so super active now- even if it does mean i get a booting! Though baby isnt very active this morning yet which is odd, but it's proberly doing it to scare me now im on edge a bit!!! xx

I find mines usually boots me awake in the morning, then they odd morning that baby doesn't I sit. And sit. And then start to poke my belly. Then bam! And all is right again.

I honestly never complain about baby moving, I'd rather they moved too much, kept me awake and or made me uncomfortable as it has been doing past wee while than I worried something was wrong.

Posted here about MIL, It's a LOOOOONG post so settle in with a cuppa if you're going to read it. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/219959-rant-about-laws.html#post3780859

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Just catching up after getting back from a week in (not so sunny) Tenby!
Can't remember everyones posts but rach_y I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, big hugs xx
Had a lovely week away - I've been so much more conscious of how big I am! My bump is huge and just seems to keep getting in the way all the time!!
I totally get what everyone has been saying about movements - I'm feeling them all the time now which is fab! But on Thursday bump had a lazy day and I didn't feel much which scared the **** out of me. Luckily went back to normal next day.

Also lots of walking while away did wonders for my swollen ankles and feet. A couple of days pre-holiday they had swollen up hugely. But a couple of days in they seemed to improve and have been ok since (well back to less swollen anyway!)

Good to hear you had a nice time, even though the weather wasn't brilliant by the sounds of it.

:)

Lexi just read your post about the in laws! Not got any advice you seem to have tried everything but you definatley do not need the stress of it all especially with how far gone you are and the extra stress of moving! not good you don't want baby making an early appearance!! you would think they were children not adults! makes my mum sound like an angel though!! :)

Yeah thanks Squiggy, she's a bit 'demanding' at the moment. Only thing we can do is stand firm on it. My mums at least calmed down on the buying loads of stuff front, but his mums just went into overdrive on the tantrum front. Really nothing else I can call it except tantrums.

lexi its time you threw yourself on the floor, kick and scream for a little and see how she likes it. :D kiddy style!

I have some pictures of the nursery if anyone is interested. we'v got teeny bits to add.. the clock that youl see on the changing table will go up, and a new light shade (not that youl see that lol) and some little under bed storage and im waiting for my MIL to make me some cushions for my rocking chair.. but its 95% done now.. so enjoy.

babys room 001.jpg

babys room 003.jpg

babys room 005.jpg

babys room 007.jpg

Glad you had a lovely time away Sarah, it is just nice to get away - I have recently been suffering with sore feet and they absoutely kill me now walking around town for an hour, grrr!!!
With regards to baby movements I just follow the advice from the midwife in making sure that I feel 10 kicks a day some in m orning some afternoon and evening. As long as they are there I won't get anxious.
Aw gawjus nursery, I have not even started on mine yet, been so tired with stuff.
I am having trouble at night, if I eat too late and too much I get really bloated and it was so bad last night I was violently sick and had extremely bad indigestion (teach me right to eat spicy food):( But now today as a result I have sore belly muscles. Still going to try to eat smaller portions - the baby clearly taking more space up, lol.

Love the nursery! i want to start clearing my spare room out there is so much junk so when the time comes i won't have as much to do!!

Lexi sorry bout ur mil but stay strong ur doin well! Ur stronger than me I would of had a go :/ and that's when I'm not hormonal lol we are here for u to vent

Fern gorg nursery! My bubs nursery will be in our room, our bedroom was origionaly 2 rooms knocked into one but there is still a slight bit of wall dividing. So we will have half and they will have half. Yey first nursery Jacob didn't have one.

Hope ur all well.... Ladies with swollen and sore feet I feel for u :( never experienced that :( make sure u rest them put them up higher than ur hips when u sit and also try some cool water in a bowl and soak ur feet... Maybe have a foot pamper ssession get oh to massage them too.... Ohh I want that now lol

Went out to a party last night and well I feel so borin! 38 days not smoking and now I don't drink cuz of baby and well all mates were tipsy n wanted me to dance n I just didn't feel like it :( I'm usualy the party animal so me n oh left early with me upset sayin I ruin his nights and that I shud take him n puck him up and me stay home... He called me silly n said it's nice to know I think of him but he wants me there with him by his side and to have my company.. Bless him

Also I just hand washed and scrubbed my second hand silver cross 3d pram and stuff so it's now drying and it's sparkly like new! :) not bad for free!!!

Also bout 12 weeks this week and since fri morn I have a trapped nerve in my right hand side.... Which I never get... I normaly have siatica once a yr in my left... Not my right.... Hope it's not baby who has found a nerve that is comfy hmmm but if it was baby surely it's way too early for that! But ppl are commenting on how big I'm gettin already :( and my belly is hard :( hmph! Scan in 12 days am hoping it's not a multiple preg! Especially as they in my family in previous generations and oh family way bk in generations... Plus I came off the pill where I don't ovulate... So u could hyperovulate in the first cycle... Here I fell preg....poo

Also oh out of work again so we are poor :(

Moan moan moan

Sorry x

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Fern! The Nursery is fantabulous! I wish i had a spare room to decorate for baby :( Are the animals on the wall painted on or is it wall paper? Well done for such a great job :D

Yeah meant to ask about the animals, are they the vinyl stickers? Are they easy to remove from the wall? I have a vinyl in my bedroom, and you remove it with a hairdryer when you're fed up with it so it's not adhesive like sticker stickers if you know what I mean?

this is why iv never liked vinyls ( or the idea of them) but then a new baby shop opened on our highstreet and she had decorated the store with them, i couldnt believe how well they were just peeling off and being stuck else were with no trouble, or damage to sticker or wall.

They are fisherprice, i think its rainforest? they do two lots, one with 47 stickers which is what we got.. and one with 60- but the 60pk comes with underwater animals (octopus and whales etc) and im afraid we only allow on land animals in our nursery :D i got them for £30 and free delivery from amazon, chuffed cos most places sell them 40/45quid.

and whats more, they were soooo easy to apply, they'r not flimsy and seem quite 'elasticy' and thicker than youd expect so no air bubble issues at all.. and i managed to do them all myself which i was so suprised at. The giraffe was a pain to peel off the paper cos its so long.. but once id cut all the stickers up (they came on 4 large sheets) and spread them out on the floor to see, it had my creative juices flowing and i was off :)

Afternoon ladies, having a bad day with swelling hands are more like claws and feet too swollen for shoes fun times lol never had it this bad this early before. Got a sudden desire for Burger King earlier XL Bacon double cheeseburger 45.5 syns :eek: but so worth it :cool: doubtful will have lost anything tomorrow but really couldn't care less it was yummy. Now to go catch up on what you have all been up to back later. Hugs Crystal xx

Fern - I might be huge copy cat and get them from Amazon. All the baby bits I have earmarked for our wee bundle are the 'Jungla Family' Range from Mothercare, and the baby gym is the rainforest one from Argos, so this will tie in nicely.

Aw Crystal, shame about the swelling this early :( Good you enjoyed your burger :D

I had a notion for peanut butter and choc this morning. During Sains shop we picked up some reduced baby outfits and a Reeces Nutrageous bar and I fair enjoyed it :)

Loving the nursery fern - looks fab!
I fancied a jungle theme big time and love the fisher price and mothercare jungle bits... But I've since managed to convince myself that I wouldn't like it if we have a girl... So we're hanging on until the baby's born before we decorate!

They'll be in with us for first few months plus it'll give me something to do while on maternity leave (like I won't be busy enough!)

Good to hear about the stickers... We may well go down that route too

i did look at the MC jungle family range, and i thought it was very sweet! however the only reason we didnt go for it is because like you sarah, i was worried i would want to redecorate should we have a girl, because the jungle MC range is quite 'babyish' .. very soft colours etc, and it can be REALLY hard to match things too.. it literally all has to be from the same range. Jungle theme is alot harder to pull together i have found. It tends to be for the 'older' child it would seem. im quite picky about things looking like they should all go together and thats why from day 1 i never went into MC or mamas and papas /simalar and picked out a 'theme'.. for example my bessie has zeddie and parsnip for her little girl, she knew what she was having and loved it.. now bellas 6 months and she already wants to create somthing a bit more girly but is stuck with things 'matching'

its taken me agggges to try and find jungle stuff that i love, it had to be bright, with red,orange,blue and green beeing the main colours. i really did have to find stuff from everywhere! .. the stickers were a random find from the baby shop which as i said i later got from amazon for cheaper.. the curtains were £10.50 from ikea :eek: the play mat was given to us by our next door neighbor and just happened by chance to be just those colours, the fabric swatch which i'l post a link for now took me AGES to find, but goes really well and i cant wait for my nursing chair pillows to be finished! the wooden mobile you see hanging from the ceiling above said nursing chair was again, a complete random find in a little shop in cornwall months ago, .... i wanted a rug, but literally couldnt find anything i felt went perfectly... the animals had to be bright, but not too 'realistic' but not overly cartoony or tacky. I was really worried about them turning up and them not being what i wanted, but once they were up i have to say i was so pleased, they looked better than i ever imagined. Iv seen wall stickers before and thought they looked quite tacky :(but i couldnt recommend these enough. I used every single one, except this weird navy frog that didnt look like it went with all the other animals and its big eyes were a bit scary LOL so i left him out.

I figure EVEN if it comes out a girl, i wont redecorate untill they are 2/3 and have thier own ideas as to what they want... and tbh i think if its a boy, its so damn cool up there i cant imagine having to redecorate untill far later than that... once the nursing chair looses its purpose i will make the pillows into ones for the bed and buy a little table and chairs to go in that corner i think.

sorry huge ramble! xxxxx i absoloutly love having my room ready, its my favourite place in the world. I go in on the evening with the little touch lamp which lights it so softly, and i just sit and listen to music or read to baby and it relaxes me instantly. I adore it in there.

Cant wait to see everyone elses room!!

Back