Pregnancy and Slimming World

this is my fabric swatch for babys chair xx

255006_10150190184767100_529222099_7337793_2690481_n.jpg

this place does incredible fabrics, expensive but incredibly beautiful and high quality if anyone else is interested!

Jungle Fabrics Kids Fabric for Kids Curtains Bedding and Kids Curtain Kits UK

I am going to my nursery a light green colour and loook for a boarder to but around the top eding of the room. I am currently decorating (well not me, OH, lol, I am too tired to a lot) and we are in the progess of changing doors to wooden pine and OH is making an extension to his home made walk in wardrope. So, I aint sure how long it will take, by this rate the baby will end up in our room for a little bit because we also have to sort out the draft problem in the spare room and it might be too cold in October for baby!

Fern it all sounds fab - you've put so much thought and effort into it, well done!
Our spare rooms tiny so for now we're only going to get a cot bed and chest of drawers as well as some shelves, then see how it goes.

Forgot to post earlier - hubby felt and saw baby move in bed last night - he was delighted!! So glad as he kept getting upset when he couldn't feel anything.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow after a week off but I've only got 9 weeks left!! Although I am slightly tempted to bring my leave forward a week or two. When is everyone else starting their maternity leave?

Oh my god I am only 12 weeks ish. And I lost 3lb this week. Measured my self as I am weekly and I gained an inch on my busy and 2.5inches on my tummy!!! No wonder ppl say they can see me growing!

Surely I shudnt be growin yet.... Gettin worried... Lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

Ooh I meant 9 weeks left in work... 14 weeks left til B day!!

Leanne - I started showing at 10 weeks and this is my first. I remember as we were in London for my bday weekend and I was queuing up for the loo in the British museum and caught myself sideways on in the mirror and suddenly spotted a rather rounded belly wondering where on earth that came from! Oh and I needed maternity trousers as nothing fitted me anymore!
Everyones different, my friend at work is 17 weeks and hasn't really started showing at all yet

You show earlier with second baby (and subsequent) as your stomach muscles have all been stretched from first baby. Panic not.

Sarah - glad Mr Sarah is a bit happier now. You looking forward to the stage where he gets mildly freaked because it reminds him of Alien?

Ha ha - can't wait for that Lexie!!
Thinking I can wait for the painful 'kick in the ribs' stage though.

I had a condition which I caught after a chest infection in October 2009 called costochondritus (sp??) which means the cartilage between my ribs is inflamed and causes me pain across my chest. Fingers crossed it hasn't played up at all across my pregnancy yet... but I'm hoping that once the baby moves higher up towards my ribs, it doesn't aggravate it. We will have to see.

Oh I have to say after the horrendous heat yesterday which left me hiding indoors I am so glad we didn't have that while we were away. I was sweating buckets and so uncomfortable - and I normally love the sunshine!! I'm now quite thankful for the rubbish summer we've had so far but not telling anyone that shhh!!

I've not had the kick in the ribs at all yet, either because I have a long torso so I've escaped it or just way baby lying. I've the huge heid/bum under my ribs diagonally which has been uncomfortable but lying on my left side and pushing gently at the offending bump has moved it back to a more central position.

I just done my glucose tolerance test this morning, the glucose drink was beyond vile and waiting two hours in an ovenbaked room with no heating was hell for a pregnant lady like myself. I am glad it is out of the way and only have to wait till Friday to see my midwife to find out the results :D

Oh I know Bunny, I had a jug of Lucozade to down in a oney. I deliberately had nothing to drink that morning so I would be thirsty enough to drink it. Horrid stuff.

Finding it really muggy and 'close' up here today. It's warm but its that horrible humid heat which means it's only 13:30 and I've already had two showers and changed tops. Sweaty McBetty here.

Oh good god dont start me on the heat :( lol i slept nakie with the fan on full blast last night.

after some nasty pains and a little bit of spotty and fluid leakage all weekend i went to DAU to be traced today. been in there hours and im exhausted now.. baby is okay though and waters havnt gone, which i didnt think they had but was relieved to know it was for definate! babys movments still a bit reduced but im home to rest now.

x

I been sleeping in the scuddy since December! Was sweating through PJ's even then! Only wearing a sleep bra, windows wide open. Husbands 'cool' and I'm just boiling all the time!

good to know everythings okay Fern!

Feel so sorry for all of you heavily pregnant ladies in this heat! I am only 6 weeks and am worried the little bubba will boil in the bag as such!!!! xxx

Bunny - hopefully she'll rally through :)

I have now developed nausea. At 36 weeks. Ragin' what's that all about? (obv hormones but still)

Baby will NOT drop into a suitable position and keeps lying transverse then throwing a wee one baby disco.

Got midwife today for 36 week check.

Still can't sleep, too hot, too much to organise with house and mental in law, and I'm shattered. Fell asleep at ante natal last night mid massage. Whoops.

House wise, moving van booked, we move on Tuesday. Carpets all ordered and should be ready on Friday, fitted over weekend. Managed to get them all at trade price, and worked out cheaper buying the whole roll at 24Metres by 4, but still set me back £1500 in a oney. But again its the whole house, kitchen tiles, bathrooms all done etc so trying to look at it from the point of view that it won't need changed for YEARS!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm away to take some Gaviscon to stop the urge to vomit.

Oh lexi, my nausia has returned too. its been getting slowly worse the last fortnight, so if yours is raging now i can only imagin what im in for ! :eek:(

so glad the house move is all happening so swiftly!!
ouch about that carpets, thats alot of money.. but as you say you wont be replacing these things again anytime soon.

gosh my tiredness has totally stepped up a level today, it must have been the hospital trip yday cos im exhausted.. combined with the lack of decent sleep the last few nights due to heat and my tummy STILL hurting during the night.

:( goodness me, im not sure i can do this for another 8 weeks!

Fern sorry I must have expressed that badly, I meant I was raging bit the nausea. Nausea is just floating about in the background making an appearance around lunchtime, and whenever I'm travelling or very late night. It's bearable so far.

Midwife check - Baby's head is engaged, repeat head is engaged! 4/5 palpable, so a while to go yet. Turns out the lying oblique across my stomach isnt head and bum, it's bum and legs! Apparently baby has long legs!

EEEEk yay! lexie its getting so close now. could be less than a month even. how are you feeling about it? .. i suppose with all else happening right now there isnt an awful lot of time to really consider it!? x

Back