Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm conflicted to be honest. I'm looking forward to baby, but with all the other stuff that's going on e.g. house move, graduation, mental MIL, I think it's detracting a bit from the overall excitement if you know what I mean?

Blood pressure and everything was fine at midwife, she's advised me to try and destress and sleep during the day when I can as I don't have to worry about getting up for work etc, but to try to keep to a routine roughly, eg get up at 8, potter about a bit, then go for a nap and so on.

Ibought my Moses basket stand from Babies R Us today, rocking stand only £15 in the sale, so that's another wee bit in.

I'm dreading Friday as thats baby shopping day with MIL and my Mum. Going to be tiring.

Good news Lexie, question though... what does 4/5 palpable mean?

To Palpate is to feel.

When the baby is floating about in your uterus midwife will make notes about how the baby is lying/presenting.

They'll usually break this down into three areas, Presenting part, Fetal Lie/Position and fifths palpable.

Presenting part, is which part of the baby is going to come out first it you like when you deliver, my notes say "cephalic" which means baby is head first. You can also see Breech or shoulder.

Fetal lie - is position of baby in womb, which for me is "long" meaning baby is head down ass up (which is how I got into the mess in the first place.... ;) ), you can also see transverse meaning baby is lying across your uterus rather than feet or head first, or oblique, which means they've not made thier minds up and baby could still flip round to head or feet first.

Fifths palpable, is how much of the baby's head the midwife can feel when she palpates your uterus during exams. The lower the number the better/more baby head is in your pelvis. E.g 4/5th palpable means baby has 1/5 of head in pelvis, so a while to go yet. The palpable number of fifths should lower as time goes on until its 1/5 palpable, meaning 4/5 or almost all of baby's head is in position.

2 weeks ago my notes said, Cephalic presentation, long lie and free. Meaning baby was head down, ass up, but head not engaged yet

Today baby is cephalic presentation, long lie and 4/5th palpable which means baby has only started to engage head into my pelvis. You are counted as being "fully engaged" when less than 3/5th's are palpable.

Last edited:
Thanks Lexie that's really useful!

Urgh my ankles have gone HUGE again.
They swelled right up bigger than usual even about 2 days before my hols, but came down again (to my 'normal' swollen size) a couple of days in, presumably because of all the walking we were doing.

But yesterday, first day back sat at a desk all day, they came right out again and today they just feel ugggh. I had a walk lunchtime and my lower legs were really really achey and now my ankles and feet just feel huge and uncomfortable.
The only shoes which fit me now are my sketchers tone-ups (worn rain or shine) and I just have ugly ugly feet apart from my pretty blue toes thanks to a pre-holiday pedicure.

Thing is it's definately work making them worse, so this may add to my argument of finishing a couple of weeks earlier than planned...

My marmalade craving has gone! Well that didn't last long!

Have a new thing!

Smells!

I hve to smell washin and use air freshner once a day and febreeze spray once a day so everything smells lovely lmao what a freak I am lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb

My marmalade craving has gone! Well that didn't last long!

Have a new thing!

Smells!

I hve to smell washin and use air freshner once a day and febreeze spray once a day so everything smells lovely lmao what a freak I am lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 10lb loss: 11lb
at least u didnt want to eat it like i did - now that is strange! :rolleyes: lol mmmm marmalade xx

yes i thought it all smelt delicious and wanted to munch it lol, it would make me clean all the time so i could smell it and i had a girl btw xx

Hi guys
Hope everyone is doing ok.

Just a flying visit at the mo as very busy with Adam, thought i'd try and get some pics up. Some incude my elder son Andrew who is chuffed to bits with his brother.

Attachments

• Photo0313.jpg
    Photo0313.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Photo0296.jpg
    Photo0296.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0038.JPG
    DSCF0038.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 79
Lovely pics Rosie, the first one he looks like a wee pirate face going "arrrrrr"

Wee blond bombshell! ;)

Rosie he's gorgeous!

i want my noodle now. :( im so tired, and my tummy hurts. I just want my baby now, surly iv done this long enough now!? 7 more weeks? really?!

Aw Fern - you've reached that stage now? It's not forever, soon enough. Xx

You've also now given me a notion for noodles.

Aw Fern - you've reached that stage now? It's not forever, soon enough. Xx

You've also now given me a notion for noodles.

:Dchuckles..

yeah i do kinda feel like im at that stage a little. Im just so tired i think, and i feel so unproductive.. but at the same time im feeling anxious to meet my little one now.. equally i feel still unprepared and know that ideally baby needs to brew a little longer! i wish i could sleep the next 7 weeks away and just wake up to my noodle! lol x

Aw sorry to hear that CharliesMum. Sending you mental hugs. Xx

Oh charlies mum so sorry to hear that. Know exactly what your going through. Hugs x x x

Back