Pregnancy and Slimming World

I haven't bn able to follow plan at all! I no I should and ive put on 1lb so far which is nothing but I could b doing with losing another couple of stone b4 this bubs comes, I'm 9 weeks 2 days n hoping that my sickness has passed as ive had 2 gd days in a row.....I've prob just scudded myself now for saying that!!! Can't wait 2 weeks today is my 11 week scan and then I have the fun job of telling everyone!!!!!!

How's everyone else today?? xx

Hello hello hello!!!!!
God been ages since i've been on and took me a while to catch up on posts

Sad news for the 2 ladies who Mc'd. hope you're both ok!

Welcome new ladies :D

Woohoo on moving in Lexi.....pity she won't read this for a couple wk lol

On nights now(at work) so have managed to catch up at last, been on hols and trying to sort out my wedding which is in 20 days.......still no dress :eek:!!!!!! Tried to get one last wk at Trafford centre(huge shopping centre in Manchester) but all sales on = all crap out! Also really suffered with PGP pain and ended up sobbing in Boots! Thanks to Simply Be and Very, i've ordered 14 dresses to try on at home, should be here in next couple days, fingers crossed i find something!

Omg thanks Crystal for heads up on extra HEA/B's woo hoo! Started SW again this wk after 2 wks off and a 6lb gain :eek: meaning a 10lb gain so far, they say max 2lb gain in 1st trimester and 1lb per wk on 2nd so pretty much on track really. Happy days!

Not had much chance to focus on pregnancy with other stuff getting in way such as Santander.....anyone else had issues with this bank? Omg i have i will be taking it further, long story very short they have transfered all my D/D from my main bank (yorkshire bank) and tried to close it without my authorisation! I only asked for a bog standard acc for me n hubby to be for saving really! As all my D/D now late it has affected my credit rating as i found out last night when we tried to get credit to pay for wedding rings, was declined by oh guess who Santander!!! Cheeky FXXXXXXS!!! Have got FSA involved now ha ha so they can stick their £100 compo, dunno what i'd be happy with cos its been a nightmare as well as the stress! Anyone any ideas?

Sorry big post, lots to say xxx

:sigh:Meh got heartburn, kankles and my poor belly feels squashed sat in my chair all night............roll on home time 1 hr left!

I might phone HQ and ask them to clarify as it doesnt state what plan they are talking about and iv a feeling that this preggo page hasnt been updating for a long while as sw arnt great at renewing info on thier website.. i wonder if they just mean to make sure your getting 2 HEA and HEB on green and red rather than only taking one? .... tbh iv been having 2 HEAs some days anyways but i also eat alot of yog so iv not been worried about calcium intak x

welcome back jojo! you sound like youv had a nightmare.. 20 days, bloody hell! excited yet? xxx

Glad you're back Jojo, Yay to fern! And Have an amazing day Bunny! I've totally forgotten what the other posts were, i'm sorry! But i hope everyone is ok :)

OMG I am getting married tomorrow :)

OMG didn't realise it was so soon!!! Wowee have an amazing time, guessing you'll be absent from here for a little while then ;)

Jojo - I'm feeling your PGP pain... I think I may have the same. For the last week I've been getting a pain on the left hand side, right at the base of my back/top of my bum which makes me feel as though my left leg is about to give way. It's been really painful last couple of days, particularly when I'm out walking and especially when I'm stop starting (i.e. in queues etc) and changing which leg I'm putting my weight on.
I talked to the MW about it yesterday and she said it was probably sciatica but I'm a bit dubious of this as I've never had it before and looking on babycentre they said PGP is often misdiagnosed as sciatica.
Anyway it's really bad today so I'm tied to my chair in work avoiding getting up unless absolutely necessary... not good.

I have been having problems with food management, at night if I eat too much food I get really bad heartburn and bloatedness which lasts about 2/3 hours and then I vomit my whole stomach contents. I must learn to eat smaller poritions especilly at night and as time progresses I probably have the same problem throughout the day. Gotta love pregnancy.

That sounds horrible bunny. Thank god I've never suffered from heartburn (before or during pregnancy - yet!!), but hubby suffers quite often and he's often sick when it gets really bad.

It's hard to try and train yourself into different habits if you're used to eating big meals in the evening though. Make sure you take it easy for your wedding meal tomorrow!

Thank your stars you don't have it, as it is vial thing to happen, I literally have to have smaller portions even though I don't feel full at least I don't have difficulty sleeping and waking up and puking my guts out.

Bunny, hope you have a fab day tomorrow x x

Bunny have an amazing day tomorrow, i cant wait to see pictures!!

i went through a stage about 24 weeks ish when if i ate too much (or even just picked alot) i would get absoloutly agonising pain across my stomach and round my back for a good few hours but i couldnt puke :( i was ever so nervouse when we went on holiday at 26 wks as i was convinced it would ruin my hols but it seemed to pass! made me really nervous to eat, and seriously regretted any indulgences quickly!!! hope it passes soon.. touch wood im yet to experiance heart burn THANK GOD as iv never had it before and really cant hack that on top of my new problem- siatica! bloody baby. LOL xxx

Ok, well my suspected pelvic girdle pain got tons worse... Doubling the time of my normal 15 min walk to the train station and meant I burst into tears when I met hubby there as I was in so much pain. At some points I literally couldn't walk, it feels as though my hips come out of the socket. Anyway hubby looked after me on the walk home, ran me a bath (which I had great difficulty getting into), then early night for us.
Anyway I'm not risking going to work tomorrow as it's been getting progressively worse through the day and I don't want to end up stranded in Cardiff not able to get home. I'll give the midwife a call too, see what she says.
Nobody tells you this sort of thing happens in pregnancy!

Hi all

Aww Sarah , its awful and you're right , no-one ever mentions it!!!!! It can be called SPD but my mw says that word been scrapped now pmsl! Doc has no clue what PGP is either! Your mw can refer you to physio but i think they only advise how to get up/walk/lie down etc but i'm still gonna go. Having good and bad days with it and it can disappear, was advised painkillers and rest! Good call going on sick whilst its so bad, hope you're ok soon x

OMG Bunny good luck and have a fantastic day :love047:

Fern, not really had time to think that much about wedding tbh, i'm surprised i'm not stressed over a dress yet but give me time lol!!!

Well got on scales today and 3lb lighter?no complaints lol! Will see again on Mon, also gonna mention to C about what the website says........it did say that we should follow extra easy plan and enjoy the 2 extra HE's ...............and i will thanks :D

5 hrs left of a bad night shift left ( sad post.....watched someone throw themselves off a motorway bridge earlier :eek:..........i'm ok though!Be glad to get this one over with!) xx

Jojo that sounds horrible, hope you're ok now.

Thanks guys, will ring my MW a bit later. Feels ok at the mo but does seem to get progressively worse the more walking I do... So we shall see what a day of rest does! Next week I go back to having lifts to work so should be ok then.
Jojo - does it sound the same as what you have? And does paracetemol work on it? I did take some yesterday which didn't seem to help but I know sometimes you've got to take it regularly for it to work.

Leanne - Have fun at your scan

Bunny - thinking of you!!

Back