Pregnancy and Slimming World

When i went for the referred physio she gave me a band (its like a massive sausage body suit haha) to wear during the day to take the weight off my pelvis and it does help aswell as some exercises. but she wasnt overly helpful but im not sure what i was expecting.. i had private physio for my back previously and that was amazing.

Leeanne excitment! cant wait to see the pics!

jojo, gosh what an awful thing to see! hope it doesnt affect you too much. xxxxx

Well MW told me to go to docs (in the pouring rain yuck!)
Doc said I've probably got tendonitis - swollen tendons around my hip. She said it gets worse with activity so to rest up all weekend. If it gets worse I can have physiotherapy or acupuncture (eek!)
So resting I am while a jacket potato cooks in the oven.
Rang MW to tell her and she said it could have been aggravated by my fall, even though it was 6 weeks ago. Roll on the next 12 weeks that's all I can say!

hmm sarah im miffed your mw didnt refer you for physio straight away! my mw was practically writing out the referal the minute i mentioned the pain!

acupuncture is really good, i had it for my back and then for the morning sickness (didnt help so much with the sickness i must admit) but deffinitly helped with my muscles and it didnt hurt or feel anything like i thought it would! (i had a real needle phobia up untill this!) xx

I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. Still can't think of food, hence not been on minimins. Lost 9 lb in 6 weeks through sickness. Hopefully read update as soon as sickness goes. Hope everyones well. X

I have to say I've never fancied acupuncture but if this carries on I'll probably try anything!
Is it expensive? I've no idea...

I'll see how it goes this weekend and if it's still bad Monday I'll speak to my MW about physio.
Catching up on my series link recordings of babytales on home&health. Crying my eyes out at every birth!!

Sarah what ever you do dont watch 1born every min USA. Its really dramatised and the births arnt very positive in terms of how they deal with them etc in my op. iv decided not to watch after the last 2 episodes.

.. i used to have a combined physio and acupuncture sesh privatly for £30 a session xxx

so yes, expensive but if you get a good person doing it totally worth the money, i so wish i could afford to go .. i actually miss her magic hands!

Glad you said that - I've moved onto 1born every minute uk but have taped the us ones... Might delete them now though!
Oh that is quite expensive, I'll be hoping it goes away on it's own!

Well went for the scan but had a shock as was told couldn't have nuchal scan as planned as I wasn't 12 weeks I was infact 14 weeks 4 days!!!!!

Which wud of meant I come off the pill 1st April and conceived somehow on 3rd April although we didn't start unprotected till 14th April! Hmmm oh well lol so baba is due 2/1/12

Eeeppp lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 8lb

Attachments

• image-3543736032.jpg
    image-3543736032.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 61
Congrats!

JUST TO INFORM EVERYONE: The confusion over extra HE's is as suspected a little too good to be true. The page that crystal found is pre-EE plan and is refering to the 2 HEA and HEB allowed when following red and green, they are recommending that you make full use of them.. not saying that you are allowed extras when following EE or other plans. Extra HE's are specifically for breastfeeding mothers only. Sorry ladies. Hope this clears things up. xxxx

Oh god I just weighed myself.
At 28+1 I have put on a whopping 2stone 1lb!! And am officially the heaviest I've ever been!
Oh well... More incentive to get it off after the baby's born I guess lol. God knows how much I'll have put on by the end...

Oh god I just weighed myself.
At 28+1 I have put on a whopping 2stone 1lb!! And am officially the heaviest I've ever been!
Oh well... More incentive to get it off after the baby's born I guess lol. God knows how much I'll have put on by the end...

i wouldnt worry about it sarah.......i plan to try not to gain toooo much but im not gonna stress over it either....as long as u get a healthy bubba at the end of it whats a few measley lbs or stone to get back off again!!! :D:D:D

Thanks Hun. To be honest I'm not worried - I don't feel as though I've put on weight anywhere other than my bump (oh and my feet - but that's water retention)
I think if I had put on weight everywhere it would be a different story.

Discovered this morning that ribena turns baby into a disco dancer!

I think I'll be gaining same as you fern. I honestly believe it'll be easy enough to shift after the baby's born.

Strange question ladies, have you ever felt your baby kick in your back? I've felt some twitches on the right side of my lower back today, and baby has been mainly on the right today.
Just wondered whether the ones in my back are some sort of weird spasm or the baby!

Hi everyone havent been on for a while as i have been away at my mums. So far pregnancy is going good and i am losing weight steadily as i don't have much of an appetite. Also been to midwife and have my 2 scan dates which are on the 20th of july and 26th september x cant wait x

sarah iv never felt baby in my back, i ahve felt it very hard in my side which was quite far round if that makes sence?

safia, glad all is going well with you hon :) well done xx

Hi all

Well ended up at hospital last night! Had felt quite ill all day but dragged myself to work for my last night shift, long story short ended up in floods of tears cos i felt so crap then started getting stomach cramps and huge headache, my boss was fab and wouldn't let me drive home and got my OH to pick me up, decided to go straight to maternity and get checked out (rather than being fobbed off over the phone!). They checked my urine and blood pressure, both fine. Also had a feel of my tummy whcih also fine. Doc came took some bloods to check iron level and had a chat. Basically said poss ligament pains and may be related to the PGP, headache due to stress. Was given codine and sent on my way.Had to listen to 2 sets of baby heartbeats either side of me, but its too early to hear mine yet! BTH codine is amazing lol felt quite spaced out, pain went quickly and had a fab nights sleep! Today been upset a lot and slept a lot again this afternoon. my hormones are up the wall bg time, think its stress as well!
Got my scan on Mon so will finally put my mind at rest that all is well with baby!

Boooooo over the extra HE's , they need to update their website then cos extra easy is over a year old!

Sarah, i sometimes wonder if these people know what they are talking about when they tell you oh its this pain or that pain! Paracetamol doesn't really work either.Was told last night you can take co-codamol but not all the time as baby can get hooked! lol. does it hurt when you get up out of a chair or roll over in bed?

xx

Glad everything is ok with you Jojo and good luck on Monday x

I had a scare earlier in the car on the dual carridgeway and a car nearly bumped into us, it was so close that OH had to do an emergency stop which got me worried. But everything is ok thank God.

My baby keeps hitting the side of me and it is a killer as it stays there for ages, but at least it is ok :)

God knows how much I have put on, I was so obessed with my weight my OH took my scales (I asked him) now they are hidden, I just do my best foodwise. I am sure I will have about 4stone to lose after, but my friend who had a baby last year said you lose a stone at least when given birth and doing breast feeding you lose some. Fingers crossed that will happen to me, at least when I return to SW I get loads of milk - I love milky tea :)

Bunny - how's married life treating you lol!
Sorry to hear about your scare - that must have really shaken you up.

Jojo - that sounds horrible, good you went to get it checked out rather than sitting at home worrying. At least you haven't got long til your scan where you can have some piece of mind.
Try and rest and do as much as you can to take your mind off it.

No I don't get the pain when I roll over or get up, it starts when I'm on my feet, if I bend down, twist or change which leg I've got my weight on, then it just feels like my hips not sitting in the socket right, causing sharp pain in the joint. God knows what it is.

Back