Pregnancy and Slimming World

Marriage life is treating me wounderfully - looking forward to going away tomorrow and when I come back Sunday the following day I get my 28wk scan :)

Sarah/Bunny thanks, just getting lots of rest, the stomach cramps have stopped so just usual pgp pains, roll on 15:30 tomorrow for scan!

Bunny glad you're enjoying married life!Thank god it was just a scare and not a full on crash!

Sarah, i feel your pain! So annoying when you see other pregnant ladies walking about like its no effort as well grrr! lol

Fern, did you speak to SW HQ? i've been on site again this is what it says-
"While you’re pregnant we recommend you follow the Extra Easy plan for a really flexible and varied diet that’s easy to incorporate into your everyday life. It will also help supply all the energy and nutrients your body needs during pregnancy.
Although the general rule is to enjoy Food Optimising as normal, there are a few exceptions:
1. Enjoy more Healthy Extra choices
We recommend you select 2 ‘a’ and 2 ‘b’ Healthy Extra choices to help supply a good balance of important nutrients such as calcium and fibre during your pregnancy."

don't know why i'm so hung up on this ........am i really following the plan er probably not roflmao! I'm off to make some big fat bacon butties which is actually on plan ;) x

Hello again girls,
Just read up on your posts, congrats on your wedding Bunny.
I've got my 20week scan tomorrow, can't wait to find out what we're having! Hopefully everything will be ok - its scary tho.
To all the ladies who've had scares, def better to get things checked over, it puts your mind at rest.
Its been my first week of SW after a 2 stone weight gain so far during my pregnancy, and I'm happy to say that (2 days prior to my home WI) I've lost 4 lbs!!! Yippppeeeee.

Han Xxx

Hey lovely ladies.......... i have spent the last couple of hours looking through all the posts on this thread and wondered if you would all have me?

I am Lisa and i had been doing SW for about 6 mths before falling pregnant........ i had lost about 2.5 st and was down to 12.5st and a sz 14 which is the smallest i had been in years lol................

This will be my 6th baby. I have a wee girl and 3 little boys and our youngest daughter was stillborn at full term on Xmas Day 2006 so pregnancy is not easy for me. I have since had my youngest two sons but was unfortunate enough to lost another baby at 20wks last year............ Anyway when pregnant food tends to be my crutch and not good food!!!..... hoping that being back on the SW wagon might help with that...........

I am just over 13wks now and due on 14th Jan but because of my history and the fact that i am having to inject daily with blood thinning medication i will be induced at 37wks on 27th Dec............... I have felt terrible over the last 10wks unless eating constant junk food and as a result have put on around a stone on top of the half stone i had gained prior to falling pregnant. I know i am unlikely to lost any weight at this stage but am hoping that i put it on at a lesser rate than i have so far........

anyway looking forward to getting to know you all (if you will have me)......

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

Welcome, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, its such a sad thing to happen. Lovely that you have your other children tho, I wish you lots of health and happiness through this pregnancy.

Hannah Xxx

Last edited:
Lisa, im ever so sorry to hear of your losses. A dear friend of mine just gave birth to her little boy who was born sleeping. Such a heartbreaking time.

Congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancy. Loadsa love to you. . and welcome :D

Hi all

Well had my scan yesterday and i'm baking a ................................BOY!!!!!!!!! lol. I'm just very happy and relieved that he was wriggling about and looks to be no problems!:D I already had a name picked out so he will be Daniel Anthony.

Was anyone else disappointed with their scan? I got to see him for about a minute then she turned the screen to do all the measurements etc then i got a last glimpse when she pointed out the 2 white dots between his legs! My scan pic not the best either! o well nowt i can do now!

Hope everyone is ok and welcome Lisa :)

xx

Congrats jojo that's great news, does it feel a lot more real now?

My friend found out last week she's having a boy too and I'm really starting to question whether keeping it as a surprise was a good idea after all...

Sorry to hear your scan wasn't great, I think that's quite common from my friends. I was lucky as I could see the screen all the way through.

Well I'm off work again - went in yesterday but my hip was really painful so I think I need a few more rest days. Hoping to get a docs appointment this afternoon.
Also thinking about bringing my mat leave forward if it carries on - takes away the stress of going into work. We shall see

No no sarah! its nice that others are finding out what they are having but having a suprise (for me) is even more special!!! just think of that amazing moment where they tell you that you have a son or daughter! ..i keep imagining that moment and its really getting me through. Its definitly not killing me to know the way i thought it would!!

Jojo, congrats on baking a blue'un! :D sorry to hear you felt dissapointed with your scan, at my hospital they have big screens above the bed that shows everything the sonographer is seeing so i got to see the entire lot, her measuring etc.. and we were in there for a good 15 mins maybe. not long enough, of course.. i could stare all day! but it was incredible to see!! i was so pleased with mine, my scan pics were quite clear (though i think its common for everyone to think, well it seemed clearer on the screen so why arnt my pics quite as good?) ... id give anything to see my bubba again!!! .. also, love the name! :eek:

.. had my 34 mw app. im 34+5 and only measuring 33 which whilst its perfectly normal and nothing to worry about iv felt like i wasnt quite as big as i should be for a while now so i wasnt suprised... hope baby catchs up soon? went for a nice swim this morn. aiming to go twice a week which im just about managing. only 30 lengths at a time though, anymore im exhausted and with my huge boobalinas im not as 'lightweight' and supported by the water as id like.
x

Fern you look fab!
Well doc signed me off for the rest of the week. He couldn't get me a physio referral for 8 weeks, but luckily saw my midwife there too. She not only gave me a lift home so I didnt have to hobble there! But she's going to put a referral in for me so hopefully I'll see someone quicker.
She also said that antenatal classes start next Monday.
My dilemma is that Monday's are also the night as one of hubby's driving lessons (rapidly trying to pass his test before baby's here).
So for those of you who've been to classes - do you think it's worthwhile your OH attending too? Not sure whether it's best for him to come along and mean he has a few more weeks of lessons, or to stick with his driving...

Sarah my nhs antenatal classes were horrific, they may be different in your area but the midwife running mine was appauling, the people in them (unsuprising for the area) were complete idiots, by the interval Joe was willing me to grab my bag and make a run for it! .. i wouldnt have gone on my own as they were extremly busy and everyone else had a partner, but i wouldnt worry awfully. I made Joe stay to the end incase we missed anything- but the only thing i learnt coming out of that class was that if those other people who took the course could parent, then i had NOTHING to worry about. One lady actually asked what way the baby comes out- she already had one child :confused:.. and then some other girl, informed us that breastfeeding was bad for you cos it makes your nipples really long- no joke, her actual words.. this was after her 'gangsta' boyfriend with his gay sachel shared with us that the thing he hated most about pregnancy was the lack of sex. Nice!
Then the midwife taking the classes said the baby she was using as a demo was a lifesize version of a 7lb baby. Im sorry but that baby was teeny, misleading! and she said the placenta it was attached to was also lifesized but i also know that a placenta is usually the size of your average dinner plate, this size was simalar to the circumfrance of a wine glass.

sorry if iv put you off! lol we were SO greatful we did hypnobirthing! id be shitting myself if id been relying on those nhs classes alone- we never went back after the first one! xx

Congrats on finding out your having a boy jojo! i know that when its my turn i will find out but prob keep it a secret for everyone else!

Fern your blooming stage is definatley not over you look great!

About a week now till Im meant to be due on (unless Im 3 weeks late again) but iv been taking tablets for when you are ttc and sort of hoping they will get me back on track! husband thinks he has impregnated me this month with his super sperm (his words!!) lol! don't think so though as today iv had period type cramps in my belly as though my period is on its way!

men eh! Joe likes to think he has super sermy too!

.. i had period cramps honey and so did my friend .... just remember.. the months not out till your period arrives, so untill she does stay positive, will have fingers crossed for you! and if its not this month for you.. then there is always next month ;) x

Men and there sperm! what is it with them!!?? yea even though I can't wait to experiance being pregnant and to become a mum i am enjoying the whole making babies thing! Iv got an obsessive personality though so its making me a bit on edge even more when its that time of the month. But it will happen when the time is right!

Can't believe your coming to the end now its gone so fast!!

What do you mean? like the fact you are soon going to be a mum? its such a massive life change iv heard people say that you still are not fully prepared for what is about to happen even though you have been waiting for it the last 9 months! Im not surprised you are overwhelmed!

Fern no idea how u feel Hun I can't remember the last stages with Jacob! I'm crappin myself bout labour already the fact that in 26 weeks or less or more I will be poppin a watermelon through a hole so small! Friggin eeeeppp I'm scared! And this is my second time! On my defense I was 19 before and I had an awful birth experience due to midwifes... :(

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 8lb

im not really sure, kind of like an overwhelming feeling of.. i cant believe this is finally happening for me, cant believe im going to be a mum, cant believe were going to be a family... then theres the, iv gotta pop a watermelon out me lady garden, the unknown, the worry..will i cope? etc.. the usual i think!

i do feel like i have no idea whats coming. The other day i was sat on the loo and i suddenly started panicing about how il cope when i go back to work. It was like, **** me.. im exhausted now, im about to be just as exhausted as i am now but with a baby to care for.. then iv gotta be this exhausted, with a baby to care for and to work? ... iv decided its best not to think about it now lol

*sigh* 5 weeks. 5 weeks, thats a month and a teeny bit.

Back