Pregnancy and Slimming World

Fern beleive me when ur preg ur body feels 110 times unfit compared to when ur not preg. Ur out of breath faster ur energy is low but it's cuz ur body is workin mega hard! When ur not preg n due to return to work it's ok.. Trust me :)

I'm not returning this time. I goin self employed n work from home. Either private with my infant massage or childminding. :) cuz I will have 2 n I'm scared :( I will have a newborn in jan n a 5 yr old n 2 n half yr step son and only 25yrs old! Yet I feel 40! Lol (unless a night out with wine!) lol

As for labour. U can be as shattered n exhaughsted but one way to explain is.. Something takes over u. It comes natural to deal with it n forget n e thin else. Ur body has spent 9 months preparing u for it and ur born to do it :)

U will be ok fern I promise :)

Lol I now kno why my sis in law wanted me as her birth partner lol the other half best be this supportive!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 8lb

oh leanne, thank you so much. its tough to really know whats coming, and i know no one can really make you fully understand. To an extent i feel like im fully prepared, but theres a part of me that knows theres no way i can be fully prepared for the emotional side, because iv not been a mum before, this is all new and i just want to do my best.. so im trying to build myself emotionally to the challenge of the massive amount of love and dedication im going to feel, because ultimatly with that comes self doubt and worry if you get me!

Its funny actually, despite now gaining 3st.. *sigh* i was swimming today, and thinking.. i cant believe at 34 weeks pregnant i can still easily swim 30 lengths, though i dare do no more as i dont want any muscle strains and the weight from my boobs and bump begins to take its toll on my lower back, but i wasnt tired or out of breath- i couldnt even do 2 lengths consecutivly this time 3 .. even 2 years ago. . its the over whelming tiredness that hits me but the restlessness that fights it.. my body doesnt know what it wants! I think its struggeling because i dont have much of a routine right now, and i miss work! (to an extent lol:D)

im also only 19, which whilst it means nothing to me i guess i worry that maybe im not wise enough! Maybe i dont really know what im doing. Maybe this isnt everything i think its going to be. In my heart though i know that this is all i want. All we want. we are so happy.. I adore the way Joe talks to bump, reads it stories and tells it jokes.. i often find it him just sitting in babies room and on occasion iv even seen him unfold babygrows and place on his chest. Hes so content.. its only me who's worrying but its just the labour nerves kicking in now i think.. im a prone worrier and im working hard with my hypnobirthing to prepare myself and curb my panic mode.. but i guess up till now its been double figure weeks away! lol.. now i literally could go anytime, though i know i have a few weeks yet.. the weeks feel like they are flying by and theres nothing i can do about it! Genuinly the only time i get impatient with it is when i consider getting the weight off and being able to diet properly.. and when i really think about how amazing itl be to finally know what iv been brewing all this time!!! lol x

Fern you may only be 19 but after reading all your posts, the support and advice you have given to others you do not have to worry about thinking you are not wise!

You are without doubt one of the maturest 19 year old that i know (well you know what i mean) and i have no doubt that you will be an amazing mum to your baby!!

Fern you may only be 19 but after reading all your posts, the support and advice you have given to others you do not have to worry about thinking you are not wise!

You are without doubt one of the maturest 19 year old that i know (well you know what i mean) and i have no doubt that you will be an amazing mum to your baby!!

Youl be having me in tears again in a mo!!! :p Thank you.xox.. sending some calorie free cyber cake and love to you xox

I was 19 when I was preg with jacob. I kno how scary it is! But u will be fine :) u will still be ready! N when they are here u wonder what u did without them! As if they always been there n always a part of u :)

N squidge I will be 25 this time round lol I feel well old lol

How old are you all making me feel - I'm 28 lol!
Fern I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed. It hits me worst when I'm watching the baby programmes and watching a woman give birth and suddenly forget all the pain and exhaustion she's just worked through to feeling an overwhelming joy holding her newborn - has me in tears every time! I think it's the realisation that that'll be me very soon and wondering how I'll cope.

I'm not too worried about labour itself like I was at the beginning of my pregnancy, I mean women have been doing it for thousands of years right? It's definitely the emotional side of things I'm more concerned about and the amount I panic about whether the baby will be healthy. On top of all that my worst feelings at the moment are how much I'm missing my mum. She passed away 5 years ago and I don't think I ever truly grieved. And when people talk about the support they had off their mum in pregnancy it makes me feel so sad and lonely. Luckily James is the most supportive husband I could ever wish for so I'm very lucky in that respect.

I am ridiculously impatient though - save a few housy bits we need to do I am ready for this baby now so would be quite happy for the next few weeks to zoom by!

Hello girls just popping in to say hello and hope you are all doing okay.

We are still ttc, last couple of months we have missed important days due to husband being on night shift :p
but still trying!

leanne i might be recreating history at this rate, as jacob is a fave name for me if this is blue bubba! :D

Thanks for all the support guys- Sarah i do feel your pain, No matter how supportive your partner its not your mum is it??? .. im lucky to still have your mum but she can be very.. um. hit and miss. for example when i had to go to DAU a few weeks ago with suspected early onset labour, i had no choice but to phone my mum as Joe was in work and my sister (2nd birthing partner) was also at work and i didnt want to pull them out just yet... my mum spent 5 hours in DAU for various tests etc and was actually MIFFED that i hadnt been in labour because she wanted to be there for it and new it was circumstances like this that meant she might replace my sister should she not get there in time! i was 32 weeks mind, not concerned that baby wouldnt make it, have serious problems.. complications! .... she just doesnt think. My mum lives in lala land sometimes. I was a bit peeved at her tbh. She also complained that she had to cancel the sky man. . . i was like, erm, its great news im not about to give birth and this cant possibly be seen as wasting time!

sorry rant over! LOL

Its funny, throughout different times in my pregnancy iv flitted from being worried about actually giving birth to feeling very relaxed about that just worrying about after, health of baby etc as you say. I guess as its so close now my nerves of the unknown are kicking in.. whereas up till now iv felt so relaxed about the actually birth! .. Think its just pregnancy hormones all over the place right now!!! xx

Hiya

Fern you make me feel REALLY old lol at 37!!!!Nearly double:eek:

It doesn't matter what age you are i don't think anything fully prepares you for this experience! Its a rollercoaster thats for sure and no-one seems to tell you the half of it! I.e the crying for no reason, the random thoughts and worries that pop up about birth/afterwards/labour etc, how crap you feel a lot of the time that it can take away actually enjoying being pregnant, aches n pains you never knew existed and in some case neither did the docs! The sleepness nights and getting up at stupid o clock starving! I could go on n on n on pmsl!!!

luckily theres that much going on atm i've not had time to sit n think about pregnancy much which is a shame but hoping once the wedding is over is exactly 2 wks today i can start concentrating more on it and start planning/buying/decorating/enjoying it more!
Quick update on the F*** up wth Santander it 's now going to go further through the ombudsman so its going to take a while but at least i might get a better outcome grrrrrr

xxx

Morning ladies don't have time to read all the posts now will have to catch up later, I have my scan today to find out what the little minibeast is kind of dreading it, I hate scans (don't have time to explain that one right now either) taking both the boys so if my appointment is at 1:30 and judging by previous trips and waiting times that is at least 3 hours (providing minibeast cooperates) of keeping them still quiet and not killing each other wish me luck lol hugs Crystal xx

Fern if it's blue tho I
Guess pink for u lol feel free for Jacob but be warned I was by lady who was in recovery sortin me out after birth. She was a midwife n said what u named him I said Jacob she said oh no. I was like errrr what she said she has a Jacob and every Jacob she knows are terrors!

I thought yehyeh and guess what she was soooooo right hahaahah every Jacob I kno are little monkeys!

Haven't got a blue name this time :( we can't think or agree :,(

Good luck crystal!!

God I feel poo today I am so constipated and sickness returned this last week so eatin crap and also tiredness is bk I mean come on what's this bout! Even sneezing makes me gag blerrgghhhh and u have hayfever not good! And then weigh myself for a 5lb gain I mean ohhhhh myyyy goooodddddd! I been on a good role being like 5lb down since finding out then bam in a week it's all bk in! :( gained 3inches on tum in a week too!

Good luck crystal! im sure everything will be perfect!

oh leanne dont say that! I thought Jacob was a name for sweet little, well behaved boys!! LOL

i really wouldnt worry about the weight, i cant wait to start shifting this weight but i wish i hadnt spent so much time worrying about it my entire pregnancy cos there is just NO point! xx

Oooh, you ladies are all making me broody lol. Congratulations on your pregnancies, becoming a mum was the most amazing thing in the world for me. I feel your pain though on the aches and pains and not sleeping. I had two big babies (Dan was 8lb 15oz and Josh was 10lb 8oz!) and could NOT get comfy on a night. My boys are now 5yrs and 2yrs and the best things in my life.

Think shes got another week or two to go (in theory) but she doesnt have internet access whilst she moving so im guessing we may not hear from her untill shes popped and settled in her new home! x

I keep thinking about Lexie too... Wondering whether baby has arrived yet. Oooh exciting!

Just got back home and we are having a little girl yay so we came home via mothercare and bought clothes lol. Be back later to catch up on all the posts. Hugs Crystal xx

Back