Pregnancy and Slimming World

crystal thats fab news, i know you were secretly hoping pink! great news. So pleased all was well. cant wait to see your scan pics!! xxxx

They are a bit rubbish to be honest, they charged us £10 for 4 almost identical and very bad pictures, was a bit disappointed to be honest, I got some great ones with all the boys. But hopefully will get some better ones from my appointment on Monday they always do scans and usually print me off a couple each time, hugs Crystal xx

Congrats crystal on your pink bump! Glad all is well, scans are such a reassurance x

Hi Girls, I thought I'd pop in and say hi and see how your all getting on.

I hope you're all well and congratulations to all the new ladies on the post.

Lexie and Fern - I can't believe how close you both are to seeing your bubbas.

Crystal - Congratulations on your little girl.

Dizzy Izzy is one demanding little madam lol like her sister she wants to be up doing things (like sitting up and crawling) lol she's only 5 weeks as a result I have a very frustrated little girl lol she is still getting me up every 2hrs at night and only sleeps in the afternoon. Needless to say she is keeping me busy lol

As for diet I've defected to WW to lose the stone I never lost before both my babies. I'm finding that I need quick easy lunches like sandwiches and I'm finding the 1 Hex restrictive on EE at the mo (I'm bottle feeding so no extra Hex) I'll come back to SW when I need to maintain.

Will keep reading the posts and look forward to seeing baby pictures

Take care everyone xx

eek! Hi Cheeky! ooh dizzy is a naughty monkey working her mama so hard!!!! .. sounds like ww is just what you need right now and good on you for recognising that- good luck in loosing your last stone hun, it must feel great to know its only 1 stone.. and not more. You did so well during pregnancy!

eeek, iv got 5 weeks left from tomorrow. My baby shower is on saturday! ahhh, i feel like squeeeling with excitment and nerves.. 5 weeks.. 5 weeks.. i cant stop saying it! lol xx

FernXx said:
eek! Hi Cheeky! ooh dizzy is a naughty monkey working her mama so hard!!!! .. sounds like ww is just what you need right now and good on you for recognising that- good luck in loosing your last stone hun, it must feel great to know its only 1 stone.. and not more. You did so well during pregnancy!

eeek, iv got 5 weeks left from tomorrow. My baby shower is on saturday! ahhh, i feel like squeeeling with excitment and nerves.. 5 weeks.. 5 weeks.. i cant stop saying it! lol xx

It feels great and a relief. This time round its so much harder, having two kids, running a house and trying to get sleep, its hard to keep focus. I think had I had anymore weight I might given up even before I started lol

Eek 5 weeks, not long now haha

Hi everyone - congrats to all the newbies

Fern - try not to stress about the labour or afterwards at the moment, take each day as it comes. Labour is different for everyone - the hypnotherapy course you did/are doing will probably help you alot - try to be mobile during labour I found that helped.

Cheeky - I can understand the need for WW at the moment - I'm so not on plan at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding at the moment although Adam has had a few bottles of either my milk or formula due to me being so tired.
I also can't believe how much harder it is this time round with already having a little one to look after. Plan's just go out the window most days and I grab the nearest thing to hand that will keep me going for a while longer. Unfortunately this is usually chocolate! So weight is still going on at the moment but at least I'm getting through the day. :)

Good luck to all those who are due soon - fingers crossed that everything goes really well for it :) And that you all keep well :)

Cheeky - I can understand the need for WW at the moment - I'm so not on plan at the moment. I'm still breastfeeding at the moment although Adam has had a few bottles of either my milk or formula due to me being so tired.
I also can't believe how much harder it is this time round with already having a little one to look after. Plan's just go out the window most days and I grab the nearest thing to hand that will keep me going for a while longer. Unfortunately this is usually chocolate! So weight is still going on at the moment but at least I'm getting through the day. :)

Hi Rosie, I know what you mean about being it being harder this time, especially with a little one. I dont know about you but sometimes I feel so guilty that my eldest (Abbie) is missing out on mummy time, as Izzy is so demanding. Ive really encouraged Abbie to help look after Izzy and Abbie loves her but its so hard sharing myself between two children.

As for your diet, try not to fret too much, Im sure once things settle down you can focus on the plan. I just found SW not flexible enough, with the need to grab food on manic days. I must admit though I wouldnt have gone back to WW had the new plan not been in place. Its so much easier now with zero pointed fruit and an weekly allowance.

I will definetly come back to SW once Ive lost 1-2 stone, as I think its a great plan for maintining

Hi Rosie! how is your little one? XX

im off for a swim again today, im trying to aim to go twice a week, usually only manage 30 lengths though else i start straining my muscles too much.. but i love being in the water. Though next thursday the kids break up from school *argh* and it will be heaving. my no.1 fear - busy pools.. now made worse by being pregnant and my fear il be kicked.

im managing my meals on plan but im cocking every day up with somthing awful.. yday for example i had ryvitas for breaky, a ham salad and veg sticks for lunch, jelly and fruit for afters and intended to eat a stirfry for tea but that went to pot when i poured soy sauce on and it suddenly hit me that i seem no longer be able to stomach the smell of it :confused: i wasnt hungry though but iv been seriously bored and fidgiting to snack.. but then a shared a big bag of doritoes and dip with my two friends working out about 20 odd syns!?
and that was a good day :eek:

this morning i woke up at 4:30am , having had no tea i was STARVING and i just reached for the biggest bowl of cocopops before heading back to bed and only just getting up 20minutes ago. my Q is, does it count towards todays syns? lol xxx

Pmsl Fern.......techincally you would have been asleep so no syns for that!!!! i've woke up feeling starving a few times and managed to not cave as yet, but i'm not being good! I had 6 rotting bananas that i refused to throw away so made a huge banana cake , OH doesn't like it so gonna have to eat the lot, half went last night whilst i watched Marley n me and sobbed my heart out!:cry:.Well done on the swimming, i just can't get focused on stuff like that as feeling poo atm and still have wedding stuff to sort out. Forgot the kids will be off , do they do adults only sessions? Or go really early morning?

Had my first panic dream about wedding last night,nerves probably kicking in! Have finally got a dress thanks to Very, god bless t'internet shopping! Only hiccup so far is the pub changing their menu this wk so few of my guests will probably have to change their order.12 days to go!
xx

You must be excited for the wedding. Can you post a link for your dress? Would love to have a nose!

Well done in sitting through Marley and me. I watched it once and refuse point blank to watch it again. Hubby had to console me as I was bawling uncontrollably. God knows what I'd be like with pregnancy hormones thrown in!

Joe turned marley and me off 10 minutes towards the end because i was hysterically sobbing 'i dont want Boo to die' so loud he deemed the film unsuitable for me! (just to clarify, Boo is my doggy!) xx

gallery4ColPortraitT

This is the dress i will be wearing for nosey Sarah lol.........no happy to share! Not traditional i know but it is a very informal affair just how i like it! The dress is amazing though, very flattering for a fuller figure n for my growing bump!
xx

Damn my iPod won't let me zoom so can only see a tiny pic. Looks gorgeous though, stunning colour and fab you're not going traditional!
Are you having a honeymoon?x

Hi Rosie, I know what you mean about being it being harder this time, especially with a little one. I dont know about you but sometimes I feel so guilty that my eldest (Abbie) is missing out on mummy time, as Izzy is so demanding. Ive really encouraged Abbie to help look after Izzy and Abbie loves her but its so hard sharing myself between two children.

As for your diet, try not to fret too much, Im sure once things settle down you can focus on the plan. I just found SW not flexible enough, with the need to grab food on manic days. I must admit though I wouldnt have gone back to WW had the new plan not been in place. Its so much easier now with zero pointed fruit and an weekly allowance.

I will definetly come back to SW once Ive lost 1-2 stone, as I think its a great plan for maintining

I know what you mean about feeling guilty with not spending much time with Andrew as Adam needs so much of my time. The time I do spend with Andrew is usually spent with me telling him to be careful, gentle, or not do something because he can be quite rough sometimes - although he doesn't mean it. And due to me being tired my temper is constantly near to overflowing as well. So then I feel guilty then as well.
There is a lot of guilt in my life at the moment - lol :sigh:

Fern - thanks for asking about Adam - he's not doing too badly thanks. Although we're having some problems with breastfeeding at the moment as well - he's ending up having to have a bottle near the end of the day as it seems like my milk is just not working at that time of day. He just seems to settle better on a bottle at that time whereas when I try and breastfeed him he just fusses and doesn't seem happy.
We're also having some problems with his latch at the moment - so am seriously thinking about making a switch to formula but I don't want to do that either as when the breastfeeding is going well it's fab.
I'm also worried that my post natal depression might come back as well.

Sorry for the long speel! I've just realised that this is in the pregnancy post not the breastfeeding one so sorry again!

As for SW this week has gone to pot totally! I'm just hoping that we can get into some sort of routine soon so things will settle down a bit.

Rosie talk to honeyoc about your milk flow, she says hers is practically over flowing now she's usuing so many HE's! though dont stress about sw too much, esp if your concerned about your PND. best to speak to someone now, from seeing it from the outside numurous times you can quite often 'deal' with so much and then before you know it, youv gone past that point where you needed the help the most. - I have faith its not though, you are well aware of the signs. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my eatings all over the place atm, i dont know what i want, im not hungry in the evenings but im constantly picking cos im stupidly bored.... bangs head against wall. grr

I did swim another 30 lengths today though :) xx

Rosie, my sister had issues with breastfeeding, baby wasn't getting enough so wasn't gaining weight, she just introduced a couple of bottles a day and he thrived. Don't be hard on yourself and go with what is right with you. I don't think midwives tell you that you can do both, it seems to be either or! I will definately be thinking about giving my baby a bottle at night which i'm hoping will be a good thing as will be fuller for longer and therefore more sleep...........or is that wishful thinking lol!

Grrr, got a niggly cough thats getting on my nerves as can't sleep for it! I did see the doc the other day cos my ears are blocked and sore throat. She said it was hayfever and to take decongestion tabs and cough meds.......no prescription given! Went off to Asda pharmacy to be told they won't sell me them as pregnant!!! spoke to receptionist at docs who told me to get them off the shelf instead! I've not done cos i don't want to risk it if i buy the wrong thing! Gonna speak to midwife on Monday if still have it. I'm coughing that hard i'm peeing a little bit lol must do pelvic floor exercises.

Finally got my mat trousers for work ( i bought 1 pair but have claimed money back) with works label on.........OMG i've waited 7 wks for these and its a smal label you'll never see!!!!Stupid people! At least i can now wear a pair wash a pair! Just waiting for bigger size shirts to come, if they are no good its gonna be a nightmare but then why should i worry, if they can't sort it i just don't go to work do i?Simples!

Fern thanks hun - things are ok at the moment but I'm just aware that I suffered last time (as did my son) and don't and won't go through it again so am on the lookout but things are ok at the mo

Jo - by all means mix breastfeeding with bottle it's not an issue as far as I know so long as baby is fed and mum and baby are happy that's the main thing. However don't count on baby sleeping longer on formula - I thought Adam would sleep better with a bottle last thing - but so far it's not made a difference to how long he's down for! My advice - if you can breastfeed for the night feeds it makes things easier in my eyes as you just have to get baby up and feed rather than make up or heat a bottle.

Hope things are going well with everyone. xxx

Back