Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats to all of you who have recently become pregnant and congrats to those of you who have given birth since I was last on this thread! Hope you're all well?

Thomas is 14 weeks now and is weighing in at 17lbs!!! Little chunk! :D

Woweeee- he is a beaut!!!!

so i had irregular contractions this morning, starting about 9:15 and lasting untill half 11... they were lasting about 30-40 seconds and were anywhere between 1/2hr and 4-7 minutes apart. scared the crap out of me tbh, mum came over and i got in the bath for the hour and eventually it all wore off and iv had nothing since, i slept for 3 hrs after and i woke to find that im 99% sure iv lost my plug.

baby is still active and i feel well.. mw says nothing to worry about, could be the start of it all, but could mean nothing and i could stil go another few weeks or even over DD so its just kinda watching out for it now. Would like to brew little one a few more weeks yet.

hope the rest of you are all well...

iv a sneaky feeling lexie has had baby now you know. Dont ask why! x

Wow fern! Looks like u need to keep us posted!!!!

I'm due 2nd jan and find out hat flavour bump is on 18 august!! :) can't wait!!!

How did all today's scans go gals

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 8lb

Just thought! Didn't lexi say she be bk on 17th!!!!! When wa she due?

I think ferns right!

Oooo exciting time Fern, they only allow you to go over 2wks I was told my my consultant and then they would induce you???

erm, well. I will be offered a stretch and sweep on my 40wk or just after app. . . but i wont be taking it i dont think. .. they will also give me an induction date but depending on how i feel im not sure i want to be induced. After the 2wk mark the placenta can start to deterioate and it can become dangerous and thats why your usually induced by then, however i could refuse if i wanted too and they would have to closely monitor and reguarly scan baby.. but im not that stupid! nor do i want to be going any futher over than safe and for my own sanity!! ... im hoping baby will just do things him/herself.. but we shall see.. i feel perfectly normal now. This baby isnt coming yet!

Ooh fern I have a feeling this might be it for you, I reckon you'll have your babe with you soon!
Yes I think Lexie will have had the baby now... Can't wait to hear from her!

Josie- Thomas is gorgeous!!!

Ooh fern I have a feeling this might be it for you, I reckon you'll have your babe with you soon!
Yes I think Lexie will have had the baby now... Can't wait to hear from her!

Josie- Thomas is gorgeous!!!

really dont think so sarah. I feel far too normal. this bubba isnt coming :(

Hmm I don't know... I reckon maybe over the next few days :)

16 week bumpness

Attachments

• image-445064383.jpg
    image-445064383.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 71
Leanne - my oh said to me today if the bump is at the bottom rather then the top it is a boy and reverse a girl, whether that is true or not have to wait and see :)

lol i always thought that till a couple ppl I kno had high bumps n was both boys lol I think the only was to tell is scan from 16 plus weeks lol I think I just carry low. Might be also cuz I'm pear shaped. I carry my excess blubber lower. Never gained on my waist. Makes the booby region look bigger lol hahahahaha

We shall Soon find out! Can't beleive I'm showin already! Didn't show till 24 weeks or more with Jacob lol

What's peoples view on sleeping arrangement for your baby in the first six months - are you having them to sleep in your room or are they going in the nursery? If so are you buying a cot or crib?
Totally confussed as reading the NHS advice they say you should have the baby in your room for 6 months to help reduce the risk of cot death

It is easier to have them in with u. On a feedin point of view they are closer but it's that reasurance for urself. U will prob find once baby is born u won't be able to sleep much anyway lol not just cuz of night feeds either lol

We have a main bedroom that was origionaly 2 rooms so it has still got a slight division which is where our nursery is but I still want the Moses basket close to my side at first as I want to breast feed and I kno I will feel better with them next to me

Lost 1lb this week after that mean 5lb gain last week!

Hope to lose 5lb soonish n maintain it through my pregnancy! Then when it comes to the birth I will be at ideal weight :) much healthier. That's based on an average of what weight u gain due to baby in pregnancy to term :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 12lb

Jacob grew out of it at 4 months lol he was chubby he kept rockin it lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 12lb

None of ours have slept in the moses basket, they all hated it with a passion. We have one of those graco sweetpeace systems that we bought for Logan, baby should be using that but if she's anything like her brothers it will get used once or twice and she will end up sleeping in our bed. I suppose they need to make up for all the cuddles they missed while in special care, can't complain really as they have all been super lazy and slept all night and most of the day as long as they are being held. Not really sure how we are going to evict Logan from our bed though he's more clingy than Lukas and I somehow think using the same route we used with Lukas (a single bed in our room right next to our bed we kind of had no option since we were all living in one room at the time) will just mean one of us ends up in the single lol. Hugs Crystal xx

We're planning on having baby in the moses basket in our room until baby outgrows it. And then we might well bring the cotbed into our room for the time being.
But then again this all depends on how well baby sleeps... if James is being kept awake all night from the baby (no good if he's got to be up for work at 6am), we may well either move the baby into the nursery so I can just go in when I need to, or set up a camp bed in there for James to sleep on, leaving baby in our room with me (we've only got a 2 bed house).
We're just going to play it by ear really...

Went for my scan today and baby is measuring at 11 weeks. Will have to go back on the 2nd of august for another scan so they can give me a due date and do the nuchal test as baby is too small now. Aww it was all curled up and trying to hide and baby was so small as i have never had a scan this early x can't wait till the 2nd now to see baby again x

Back