Pregnancy and Slimming World

Jojo is that a 9 pound gain altogether?

fern i think a couple more weeks for you! i think Lexi may have had her baby with the stress of moving house and everything else!

So jealous of every ones scans! ha! Well hopefully it will be soon for me. First time in over 7 months i have had my period on time (28 days) and its flowing a nice bright red colour! lol sorry if Tmi but Im so happy i have been all over the place since coming off the pill and i finally feel that my body is back on track!!! wahoo!!

i think Lexi may have had her baby with the stress of moving house and everything else!

Correct!

Baby Alexander Adam arrived at exactly 38 weeks on 10th July after a bit of a trauma (long story will get it up on my preggy diary in a bit) weighing a good 8lbs 1oz.

He's beautiful. Seriously. I know I'm biased but he is gorgeous.

He lost a bit too much weight as he had an undiagnosed tpngue tie in hospital which meant in the days beween Sun - Weds (weighed at home by MW) he's liost 400 gms. He then developed jaundice.

Then 2 days after we were home and out to the shops in the car we got rear ended by another car. He was fine, I was fine just a bit shaken up.

Had to go get a dongle to get net access as stupid BT are arsing us about.

Breast feeding exclusively and I wont lie, the first week is difficult I think mostly due to tongue tie.

Tips: Don't get the Kotex black pads for maternity pads, they have a plastic wrapper and will make your bum sweaty and itchy, I recommend Asda Maxi Night time pads or Morrisons maxi night time pads. Wear 2 initiallym you WILL be grateful for the additional padding.

Take a bag of snack with you to hospital. They do feed you but you are STARVING the first couple of days after labour. Take some fruit and some cereal bar type things like nutri-grains. You WILL eat them.

Tommee Tippee pumps are rubbish. The electric one was £81 and has constant air leaks, takes ages to express etc. The hand held one broke after one sterilisation.

Currently using an Avent manual pump and its a dream!

Hope you are all doing well, thought you might have popped by now Fern. Am going to try and read up and catch up on everyones posts since I last logged in.

Ooohhhhhhh woooooowwwww well done lexi! Can't wait to hear ur birth story :)

Doesn't seem 5 mins u were over joyed finding out u were preg!

Welcome to the world little man!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 12lb

he's well and feeding like a greedy wee man, regained all his birth weight he lost in a week.

251508_10150387761779745_532654744_10326114_649445_n.jpg

Congratulations Lexi!! stupid phone won't let me see the picture i will have to have a look later on my laptop!

Hope you are enjoying it all!!

Yep I have Avent, been told by loads of people that Tommy Tippee are rubbish.

I got of Amazon for £38 as a set Avent sterliser, Avent baby newborn bottles and an Avent breast bump!!!

Correct!

Baby Alexander Adam arrived at exactly 38 weeks on 10th July after a bit of a trauma (long story will get it up on my preggy diary in a bit) weighing a good 8lbs 1oz.

He's beautiful. Seriously. I know I'm biased but he is gorgeous.

He lost a bit too much weight as he had an undiagnosed tpngue tie in hospital which meant in the days beween Sun - Weds (weighed at home by MW) he's liost 400 gms. He then developed jaundice.

Then 2 days after we were home and out to the shops in the car we got rear ended by another car. He was fine, I was fine just a bit shaken up.

Had to go get a dongle to get net access as stupid BT are arsing us about.

Breast feeding exclusively and I wont lie, the first week is difficult I think mostly due to tongue tie.

Tips: Don't get the Kotex black pads for maternity pads, they have a plastic wrapper and will make your bum sweaty and itchy, I recommend Asda Maxi Night time pads or Morrisons maxi night time pads. Wear 2 initiallym you WILL be grateful for the additional padding.

Take a bag of snack with you to hospital. They do feed you but you are STARVING the first couple of days after labour. Take some fruit and some cereal bar type things like nutri-grains. You WILL eat them.

Tommee Tippee pumps are rubbish. The electric one was £81 and has constant air leaks, takes ages to express etc. The hand held one broke after one sterilisation.

Currently using an Avent manual pump and its a dream!

Hope you are all doing well, thought you might have popped by now Fern. Am going to try and read up and catch up on everyones posts since I last logged in.

He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
And I've got that same hungry caterpillar sleepsuit for ours... he looks gorgeous in it.
Thanks for the tips Lexie - I'm going to be packing my hospital bag in the next couple of weeks so will bear them in mind. Look forward to reading the full story,

On top of all that, how are you settling into the new house? How long were you actually in there before baby Alexander arrived?

Oh meant to say take your comfiest trousers fro coming home in. I ended up coming home in PJ bottoms and flip flops as my legs and feet were so swollen with fluid I couldnt get my maternity jeans on or my shoes!

Ouch that brings back loads of memories, my first labour was similar to that but its so worth it when you baby in your arms. Hows your episiotomy healing? I got the full 360 and it took a long time to heal because i didnt rest and was up and about within a week of getting back from hospital!

Wow Lexie, what a story. Sounds so scary, I bet you and hubby were worried as hell!
So glad everything was fine, and it goes to show how important it is to keep an eye on your movements and speak to the hospital if you feel anything is wrong.

Lexi i just read your story with my legs tightly crossed and got a bit of a sweat on ha!! sounds awful! glad everything is now ok!! x

Back