Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi ladies

Well I have come to the decision that I'm going back to group on Monday....now that sickness has passed I'm gonna try to lose a lil bit more weight b4 I start gaining lots! Here's hoping I haven't put much on over the last weeks I haven't bn! Argh! Wish me luck!!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!
x

Congratulations on your wedding jojo :) As for putting photos up go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and download you pics on there...then just copy & paste the image code onto you reply here :)

Leanne- Have you sorted out your prescription exemption fee form yet? I had to go to the dentist the other day for an extraction(!) There was no way i would have been able to afford it, so i thought as my midwife hadn't given me the form, i should just phone up and ask for one! I did and she sent one in the post straight away, I then sent off for the card or whatever it is yesterday- On the form it says you are covered from a month before the form is sign so i was covered! Yay! So go and phone your midwife if you haven't got it sorted :)

Aw I forgot about your back pain - hope the therapy helps. I got a cot just going to pick it up on Thursday from Chester after I have been a couple days up Leeds/York for my birthday :) *yes it does involve eating rich food, hehe, thank God for gaviston!!!*

Oh a tip if you want to save money get a cot bed, it converts into a bed and saves buying a bed at a later stage and I have been told it can last up to 5years so save a few pennies if you want there :)

Congrats on the wedding jojo!! Would love to see pics but I only know how to put them on via the iPhone, I think there may be a tutorial on how to do it from a pc.
Bunny - I agree have totally been lucky with those symptoms but think I would have just cried my way through pregnancy if I'd had those along with my coccyx when I fell and my stupid hip pain (which has now taken over my whole pelvis it seems) I've got physio on the 10th august though so hopefully will help sort it out!

Looking forward to a BBQ this afternoon, then a trip to babies r us tomorrow to hopefully pick up our cot!

Where did you get your cotbed from bunny?
I'm most upset, it was a cotbed I was after from babies r us isn't in the sale anymore so we're not going tomorrow now

Grumble - that extraction sounds horrible... I hate dentists!

I'm most upset, it was a cotbed I was after from babies r us isn't in the sale anymore so we're not going tomorrow now

Ikea do some nice simple cheap cotbeds, they don't deliver them though so you'd have to go to a store- I think they had the beds for £60-70 and the matresses were £20-30

It was particularly horrible actually, i've had trouble with this one tooth for 5 years and i woke up on thursday with a really bad abscess and managed to get a cancellation which was great.

I went along in the afternoon after just having 1 bit of toast so my blood sugar was low. I was obviously looking a bit peaky because he sent me off to the waiting room with some glucose tablets :D I then went and had it out and he said it was really badly infected! I can't believe it all happened in 1 day! Anyway they were so nice to me and kept checking on me as i had to wait another half an hour to make sure all was ok after the extraction- when i came back in he said oh you look so much better! I must have looked deathly white before hehe All seems ok now, so i hope this is it for my tooth problems! Although i do have to go back for a checkup on the 10th :cry:

Hey grumble yea I got my card last week :) doc did it in the end so am no struggling with hayfever. I have a big tum all of a sudden n it's an odd shape to when I had Jacob! Jacobs bump was tiny n solid n low in front. This time it's higher to the point it's sore as if my tum is stretching where it's never stretched!! N it feels like a blobby bump lol

Am struggling with number 2s still :( to the point they now come every couple days n won't flush!! Lol

Still got nausea n sickness and am 18 weeks Monday pffffttt grrr least I can eat but only war I fancy!!!

Hope ur all well :) fernie girlie u still cookin? Xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

Hey grumble yea I got my card last week :) doc did it in the end so am no struggling with hayfever. I have a big tum all of a sudden n it's an odd shape to when I had Jacob! Jacobs bump was tiny n solid n low in front. This time it's higher to the point it's sore as if my tum is stretching where it's never stretched!! N it feels like a blobby bump lol

Am struggling with number 2s still :( to the point they now come every couple days n won't flush!! Lol

Still got nausea n sickness and am 18 weeks Monday pffffttt grrr least I can eat but only war I fancy!!!

Hope ur all well :) fernie girlie u still cookin? Xx

Hey Leeanne maybe you should go to the docs and get a prescription for lactulose, that will soon sort out your number 2s ( i think you can come without prescription aswell).
I am thinking of leaving slimming world as i think i am going a bit mad with losing weight and might start to deprive baby. I will carry on following it from home and if in a month i can't follow it by myself i might go back to group but right now i think i need to give attention to baby and not go mad dieting x

Lol have u had a boy tho? I might just be carrying another laddo but differntly lol

Here is my scary nearly 18 week bump

Doesn't look extremly high but feels high to me lol Jacob bump was mega low like a slope lol was awsome to balance cereal bowls on tho

Attachments

• image-736506796.jpg
    image-736506796.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 64
No both my pregnancies were girls x hoping for a boy this time but don't mind a girl either x I am not good at telling whether bumps are high or low by looking at them but i remember my bump was high despite looking as if my bump was low. Do you have your second scan date yet x

I got John Lewis second hand one but very good codition with a quality matress included with bedding for 51.30 of ebay.

Hi
thanks for all the lovely comments!
Sarah ....... i was expecting to have some sort of massage and be shown exercises when i went to physio.........ha NO! Basically it was a just a talk about what pains you might be experiencing, how to sit/stand/lie etc and to show you what the pelvis looks like, we were then all given a large piece of tubergrip to take away and wear, i haven't even tried it on, I was sat next to a girl who was 7 stone wet through and 25 wks pg and it was the same size! Probably baggy on her and too tight on me! It was a waste of time! The only good thing was that she gave me a letter to confirm PGP and to state that sitting for long periods can make it worse, so will give that to the assessment person.

I finally have my workplace assessment tomorrow which will be interesting, what 'reasonable adjustments' can they make? Think i will need my own chair but that could take months to come and so will be on mat leave by then! I could do with wearing flip flops as my feet are swelling up now but you can't as they are not deemed suitable footwear for the workplace! I'm down to 2 shirts left and ordered new ones beginning of June which still haven't turned up, its a big joke and i'm getting p***ed off with it all!

Rant over

Hope everyone has a good day
xx

Jojo thanks for hitting me with reality !! Typical I would have gone there expecting some wonder cure and come away very disappointed!
When they rang they asked a few questions about the pain - the girl was an SPD expert and said it probably wasn't that because the pain had been more around my hips - so she's referred me to one of the general physios.
Thing is over the past couple of days the pain has changed again and I'm feeling pain in my groin (sorry tmi) especially when I turn over in bed etc. So who knows now... It might have changed again by my app!!

In my last pregnancy i was given the turbo grip and the pelvis belt thing. The turbo grip i was told to wear at night when my pain was at its worst but i just wore it on for half an hour and had to take it off as it kept on rolling off! They are totally useless i could have got the leaflets off my mw and i the turbogrip didnt work and the belt i never could put on properly so i all my last pregnancy i had to grin and bear the pain. This time round my spd is starting and now i can feel my hips click when i get up out of bed and the pain is starting too :mad:

Sarah, aww i'm sorry please don't go thinking its a waste of time, don't forget everywhere is very different in relation to pregnancy care etc , i also have pain in my groin area it's all related! sometimes feel like i need to hold my bump up and again thats quite normal!

I had a funny turn before it also happened the other day........basically was stood up and it felt like the floor was moving? I didn't feel dizzy or anything it just felt really odd! bit like when you've just got off a fairground ride! lolHas anyone else had this?

Have joined loads of baby sites today for all the free gifts lol, hoping to get lots of vouchers too!

Boots/Asda/Tesco/Sainsburys/Aptamil/Huggies/Pampers/Cow&Gate

Already with Bounty and Emmas diary though haven't picked up their free packs yet.

Have i missed any out? lol

xx

grumble enjoy your scan monday!! Leanne you will find out your flavour the day before my due day, eek!! and yes- i'm still bloody cooking! today i've reached a whole new level of uncomfortable-ness.. totally not a word but i couldn't care less! lol... my feet have finally swollen to the point i cant fit them in my one and only pair of shoes i had left, its 26 outside, and whilst i'v greatful we dont have gleeming sun to go with it, it's been over 21 most days for the past fortnight now and my patience is running thin, im tired yet im wide awake.. baby is low yet still so much so in my ribs its so uncomfy. Sleep is non exsistant and omg, do i wish the spare bed was still up so i could sleep solo- not that Joes really doing anything wrong, i just wish i could flop about and huff and puff abit more, un-interupted!

Joe took me out for a meal friday, date night :rolleyes: it was lovely and its been a fair while since we'v just been us, had a laugh and giggled with each other.... even though we spent all evening discussing baby lol

i weighed myself, and im SO close to 14st now. I feel disgusting, i really really do. I just wish i could manage one day without stuffing my face but its like a physical impossibility, i have no willpower or motivation and every day goes to pot by 10am. I seriously hope i can sort this out when its time to start loosing the weight again!

Also had my hospital tour this week. Was a bit dissapointed to find they only had 2 birthing pools- i hoped they would have more and this has made me feel very nervous that i could be without a pool and be left to labour and birth on a bed, and in a room much more medicalised than i wanted. We shall have to wait and see.

Im trying VERY hard not to get my hopes up that baby might come earlier than due day, and i refuse to try anything to make baby come early or encourage labour... but **** me. I actually don't know how i'l cope if i go over.. which is a real shame because i feel like its just flying past now and i'l regret feeling like this when babies arrived but im so ready now. Baby please!

have booked some reflexology on my due date (19th) so that im not sat at home with nothing to do, else i may loose my mind!

sorry, long post! hope your all well!! xxxx

Aww Fern i really feel for you i've got massive big fat feet too n think i'm gonna have to wear flipflops for work though i think its against health n safety which in that case i'll have to stay at home! LOL The heat must be horrendous for you too now its nearly time! I'd be getting inpatient too but like you part of me doesn't want the pg to end which is mad cos all i seem to do is moan roflmao! I think all hospitals have very few birthing pools which is very sad. I'm hoping for a water birth too but i won't hold my breath! My hospital is turning into a maternity supercentre so probably more of a fight for 2/3 birthing pools!
You're looking very well in your photos though all yummy mummy to be , hope i look as good! x

Back