Pregnancy and Slimming World

Awwww congrats on pink :) so out of curiosity did u have sickness n what cravings did u have

Don't worry bout the raised bmi thing!! If they could see n all is healthy sod it! It's prob precaution they have to note it. What is ur bmi if u don't mind me askin hun xc

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

evening ladies....

well i went back to group and to my suprise i only gained 1.5 lbs!!! whoop whoop

also VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!

got the new updated pregnancy leaflet from my consultant and in which it says during pregnancy we recommend that you follow extra easy and under neath that it states that u should enjoy 2 a and 2 b choices while pregnant! yay!!!!!

I had really bad sickness for the first 13-14 weeks, salty cravings...all i could eat really was toast and marmite! The only thing i've HAD to have is marmite...that and milk the last few days :)

My BMI is 39ish which is pretty high but hey it used to be well in the 40's (i think 44-45) so it's better than it used to be. She said there was no problems seeing everything so maybe it's just a standard thing to have on the form as i have a high BMI :/

image-347097081.jpg

Here is a picture of the leaflet as proof! Lol

Yay grumble!! Wow what a lovely pic too

no problems, i thought it would make u all very happy! lol

i personally think im gonna stick to red and green for a while as im still "off" fruit but think i could make myself eat a couple of pieces a day instead of the customary 1/3 of plate everyday! eeeek!

how r u all holding up? i cant wait to be in the last stages it seems like its forever away....13 weeks tomro! lol xx

Hey everyone got my scan today at 3, can't wait. Thankyou for letting us know that mrss2010, i could really do with those extra a and b. After deciding to leave sw untill after baby is born i am feeling so low. I gained 2lbs over not following plan for 3 days and been very blue since this morning. I decided to leave sw because i was becoming obsessional with my weightloss and now i can't help but do it at home. I know i wont be happy untill i reach my mini target but i dont know how i'm going to do it as my body doesnt want fruit (i get very bad indigestion from eating it but still do!) and just wants bread or fruit. As we are allowed to a's and b's i think i might try eating weetabix twice a day that might help. Just down in the dumps :(

Safia said:
Hey everyone got my scan today at 3, can't wait. Thankyou for letting us know that mrss2010, i could really do with those extra a and b. After deciding to leave sw untill after baby is born i am feeling so low. I gained 2lbs over not following plan for 3 days and been very blue since this morning. I decided to leave sw because i was becoming obsessional with my weightloss and now i can't help but do it at home. I know i wont be happy untill i reach my mini target but i dont know how i'm going to do it as my body doesnt want fruit (i get very bad indigestion from eating it but still do!) and just wants bread or fruit. As we are allowed to a's and b's i think i might try eating weetabix twice a day that might help. Just down in the dumps :(

Awwwwww good luck for scan my next one isn't until 28 sept! Aggges away!

Don't feel down! I went back with the idea in my head that if I lose any now it will b a bonus but I want to try to maintain throughout I really don't want to gain unnecessarily! Have u thought about red or green days then u don't need to eat fruit at all if u dont want to? xx

i think youv made the right descion for you to leave safia, you will feel down for a while about it because youv got that 'helpless' feeling and your torn between trying to stick with it and feeling guilty when you cant.

being so close to the end now, i can so appreciate where your coming from.. and you can look back over this thread and see me dicussing weight gain etc alot and others felt i was obssessing too much, which i was.

its stressful feeling like your out of control with food, but its so much worse pushing it when its just not working. . its hard to swallow that im now at the +4st mark. That feels awful and i feel disgusted that i let myself gain this, but i just couldnt stick with sw.. i tried and failed so much it was just stressing me out.. and whilst my thoughts often turn to weight loss after baby, all i can say is just let it go.. admit defeat, and just try and enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible.. if all your body wants is bread, give in. mine was the same and i felt awful when i tried to fight it. I had high hopes i could keep my weight gain low, esp having been at target when i fell pregnant.. but it hasnt happened and there is nothing i can do now but resolve to really give it a good shot when im settled and baby is here. ((hugs))

dont look back and wish youd spent more time enjoying this than fussing about weight, as hard as that sounds. xxxxx

Yes atlast today i will find out my due date and how far gone i am actually as last time she said baby was to small to tell! I will have to read up on red and greens as i think that might be a better idea but its so hard when your off certain foods. I guess i am feeling down because i don't want to outdo my good work so far and i really could do with losing a bit more before my spd kicks in because in my last pregnancy because of my weight it really played me up whereas in my 1st pregnancy it was bad but bearable and i was at the weight of my mini target.

Ooo my next scan will be around the end of september, beginning of november already looking foward to that lol. The only thing i am impatient for in pregnancy is to feel baby move and kick. I can feel baby flutters but so looking foward to the kicks x

Thankyou Fern, atleast everyone on here can understand where i'm coming from whereas my husband thinks i have gone mad and is now watching me like a hawk when he gets in from work to make sure i have eaten. You are right fern but its so hard to let go and eat what your body craves but i have taken my first step by leaving class (i will emailing my c after my scan to let her know) and i guess it will take a couple of weeks to get it out of my system x

my hubby is the same, esp now that my appetite in the evening has gone completley he constantly asks me what iv eaten throughout the day, drives me mad! ... it is difficult to let go,. its SO difficult, and you will have weeks where it really feels out of control, .. right now i almost feel like im 'waiting' to be able to do somthing about my weight.

xx

Been to my scan and everything was good. The baby was wriggling around a lot but it settled down after while so she could do the nuchal scan. I am 13+5 and due on the 2nd of feb. I also have a strong feeling this is another girl but we'l see on the 20th of september when its my third scan x

Hi everyone
Woohoo to grumble on your pink news!
Also woohoo to 2 extra A/B's on EE......about time SW shared this news!!!!
Had my workplace assessment yesterday, all she could do was to make recomendations(dunno what i was expecting really?).She thinks i should come off night shifts now(ha ha we will see)! Also talks of getting me a different chair to see if this helps my PGP. I'm under the conclusion nothing will help and its really getting me down and spoiling pregnancy for me now!Especially at work, sat in my chair i'm ok but getting up and walking about is awfull!!!!

Anyway finally got round to getting a fetal doppler(angelsound)off amazon so can't wait to get home from work tonight to try it out!

Oh yeah still have the 'funny episodes' they last for a few seconds and it feels like the floor is moving but i'm not....very wierd! Had my BP/urine checked by nurse yesterday and mentioned it, she said sounded like vertigo but they would last a lot longer, could poss be an inner ear virus upsetting my balance! Got docs appointment on Thur morning so will see then!

hope everyone is ok xx

PS Safia............pls don't worry about your weight. We have all been through the guilt etc on here since we have all done well on SW. I'm not doing it 100% i still cook SW way but don't do a diary anymore and keep a score on my syns. I'm lucky i have no cravings as such apart from wanting more b choices and more chocolate lol. I still go to class though when my shifts allow! Think this is my safety net if my weight does spiral out of control! I've gained a stone now at 23 wks. Also a lovely customer in Asda informed me i was 'massive' for my wks compared to her daughter! Cheeky *****! I just smiled and said it was cos i was fat....think she was embarassed then!lol

xx

When did everyone start gettin their pelvis trouble? I'm ok just wondering of signs to watch for

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

people were always commenting how huge i was in the beginning, up untill 20 weeks, i think because by that point i hadnt gained much at all, then i started piling on the wieght and my boobs exploded, and now EVERYONE comments on how small i am, which actually really gets me down now. . wish people would just shut up!

Back