Pregnancy and Slimming World

People are always commenting on how big I am. I've had countless 'are you sure it's not twins' and 'Uh oh looks like a big baby'. I don't really care though... I love my bump (as you can tell from my constant moaning one of the only things I like about being pregnant!!)

Leanne - my trouble started with my hips about 27 weeks. Different for everyone though.

Leeanne my hip probs started in my second trimester at around week 16. It all started when i found after lying on my side i found it very difficult and painful to get up. I couldnt walk properly untill my bone in my hip clicked back (ouch!). Than eventually through the pregnancy if i had a day where i was walking a lot or standing about a lot by evening it was very painful to move. This time round the pain hasn't started as much, it just hurts a little but my hips have started clicking so i guess it wont be much longer til my spd starts properly :(
Feel horrible today, have a very sore throat and my ears hurt thanks to the fan i had on last night as it was sooo hot. Whenever i have the fan on it bungs me up but this is the worst i have felt, will have to find the lemsip i guess for relief x

Thx girls!

Safia hope u feel better soon!

Today I'm in a bit of a huff.
Saw midwife yesterday not my usual one she was on holiday!
They didn't check for babys heart beat which I thought was odd. I apparently have to see a consultant cuz I had forceps with Jacob and then my blood pressure was high again but no one is showing concern even tho it's been high for 4 months now! And then i think i did something daft. After being asked if I wanted to be reffered for my bmi of 32 and I said no at the scan I asked if I could be refered after all. For the dietition. Do u think I made the wrong choice I now am doubting myself! I just not motivated to eat right n I want a better labour and know weight and lack of exercise is bad for me :(.

On a plus side I lost 2lb this week so I now weigh 13s 11lb must change my
siggy

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

I can't really say if it is a good idea or not to go to dietician as i have never been to one during pregnancy. But i think it might be beneficial as they are properly trained for dealing with pregnant women whereas sw c are not so its worth a try and especially if they will be seeing you and weighing you it might motivate you to eat healthly in between appointments. I will be asking my mw too in my next appointment is they will refer me to a dietician as i am in a fiddle with eating or lack of. I have lb to go to get back to 15st7lb so thats cheered me up today.
Leeanne did you ask mw to check heartbeat of baby because in my last pregnancy in my last docs i saw a different mw at almost all my appointments and sometimes they used to forget to do the heartbeat until i mentioned it.
I find the care some pregnant women get is c**p. Like this pregnancy i was referred to a consultant in both my last ones. The first one was because i had a massive bleed and when i got there the consultant just checked me over in 2 mins flat and sent me packing, no follow up appointments! The second one was because of bmi and bleed in first preg and the consultant couldnt understand why i had been sent there as everything was normal, they made me feel like i was wasting their time. I have an appointment to see consultant again in november and lets just say i am not looking foward to it. I can't believe they are not paying much attention to your high blood pressure!

Hi all

Safia/ Leanne i agree, i'm quite shocked by what i have experienced so far regarded pg care! Docs don't seem to have a clue and i feel i've been fobbed off on more than 1 occasion! I didn't relaise you hardly see the midwife and even though you can ring to speak to someone they can't just say 'oh well we will check your bp etc etc while you're here to put your mind at rest'! When i had stomach pains the other wk if i'd have rang maternity ward up i'm sure they would have made me stay at home, so i just went so they can't turn you away then lol! At 18 wk appointment mw said there was no point checking baby's heartbeat as they might not be able to find it causing me stress! But it seems everywhere is different!

Anyway i found my own baby's heartbeat last night with the doppler .....WOW its amazing really and it felt even more real cos he was having a good old wriggle about! loving that i can feel him more and more!!!!
Just had homemade pitta pizza's sw style nom nom nom x

Mmm thats a first, they can't find a heatbeat at 18 weeks, the excuses. I will be seeing my mw at 16 weeks and if she tries to fob me i will be insisting she tries otherwise if that doesnt work i will complain because i wont be seeing a mw for 2 months after that and only getting to see baby on scan.
Aww that sounds yummy jojo, all i had was a boring old jacket pot with beans.My indigestion has been hell all day thanks to the lemsip x

evening ladies!

well after going back to sw on monday i decided it was time to move my ass again and went back to the gym for the first time in 8 or 9 weeks! ouch!!! zumba is a lot tougher when preg plus ive got so unfit in the last weeks of not going it kinda bumed me out! oooh well!

how r u all?

Feeling so rubbish, i think theres a bug going round as when i phoned for an appointment in the morning the receptionist didnt sound too well either x Can't see a doc till 2moro but will be getting a phone call back to see if i can see a nurse, my head and ears feel like they are about to explode!

Hey safia sorry u feel so rubbish :( hope u see someone n they make u better :)

Jacob has a random swollen eye for 2 days now

I am starvin last 2 days!

So am currently in mc donald for brekki lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 13s 11lb

Safia said:
Feeling so rubbish, i think theres a bug going round as when i phoned for an appointment in the morning the receptionist didnt sound too well either x Can't see a doc till 2moro but will be getting a phone call back to see if i can see a nurse, my head and ears feel like they are about to explode!

Sorry to hear u have caught what's going around, I had it a week or 2 ago and it was hell! Wnt to see doc and they just told me it was viral just keep drinking lemon and honey which kinda helped but I still have the cough from it! Booooooo! Feel better soon!

I'm also having a very hungry day today! So far I've scoffed an apple, shape yogurt, 2 weetabix with banana and 2 satsumas!!!!

Iv woken up and yep, still pregnant! *sigh* LOL

.. starving today, have currently eaten the biggest bowl of cocopops and cold milk (bliss) ... 2 pints of water and now a bacon sarni on some hovis seeded bread (i love that bread!!) ..

had reflexology yday, it was amazing. . highly recommend it. My feet deffo looked less swollen after too, but within 2 hrs they were back to hurting and being puffy which sucks arse. Having some more on my due date- hopefully might get things moving!?

gunna go and buy some pinapples today, for the only reason that im really craving them! LOL

Oh how frustrating Fern! Go gobble up lots of pineapples :) Reflexology is fantastic! I've only had one session before and it was wonderful! Might have to treat myself if my feeties get swollen :)

Going to see a second hand (but in very good condition) pramette later today! I'm so excited hehe it's a mamas and papas prima polka dot one, sooooo cute! It said £60 ono :D Can't believe i'm so excited about a pram hehe!

I feel bad sickness at times and I should learn not too touch greecy food as it really does not settle on my tummy well, lol.

I have had hip problems as well since 2nd tri and I went away for a couble of days and stayed in a place with one of those low beds - omg the pain getting up at night as I am constantly peeping.

People always comment on how small I look, I suppose my fat takes over the bump :p

Hi all

Not much to tell you today. Pelvic pain a little better and i've managed a full set of 6 shifts at work which is a first since 5 wks pregnant( not all illness, a few holidays taken here and there too lol).

I feel for those of you that are full of a cold/cough. I was the same a couple of wks ago eventually got antibiotics but had a nightmare over cough meds......can i?can't i? docs say yes, chemist say NO! lo lThink cos my ears were bunged up as well i've ended up with some balance issues. Glad its not vertigo, its suppose to be really grim!

Tmi - have really bad wind , have to keep running to the loo to let it all out! Anyone any suggestions how to keep it at bay? :eek:

Have you tried wind settlers (if you do decide to try these, check first if they are suitable for pregnancy) as I had them before pregnancy and they helped settle any lose gases I had :D

Help! I think i've pulled something in my back! I'm in excruciating pain! It's on the left hand side of my lower back and the pain is really bad in my hip, anywhere i move it hurts. I've taken paracetamol but it's not touched it, what shall i do? Bearing in mind i can't get a doctors app for a week!

Help! I think i've pulled something in my back! I'm in excruciating pain! It's on the left hand side of my lower back and the pain is really bad in my hip, anywhere i move it hurts. I've taken paracetamol but it's not touched it, what shall i do? Bearing in mind i can't get a doctors app for a week!

Im not sure what to suggest, you can only really just keep topping your paracetemol up and try to rest. Maybe phone the doctors and cry a little :D

was hoping things might be getting a bit of a move on last night as i had period pains and dihorrea, dihorrea (sp!?) again this morning but no more pains............. gunna go for a swim.. 38 weeks today. 2 weeks baby!!!

iv got a siatic nerve causing me jip, gutted! its only just kicked in the last few days- and im certain it could be worse... but dear god i hope it doesnt last, or get worse because this isnt very nice!

and i swear to god, if this sun doesnt feck off, im going to climb a ladder and throw some ice cold water on it! LOL

Back