Pregnancy and Slimming World

If you didn't know you lose 7000 calories when doing labour - every cloud has a sliver lining ;)

Also documentary tonight on bbc4 about carrot or stick again about different psychological theories in to the way you bring up children but also more areas like how teaching is doen in school etc.

Morning ladies

I hav my glucose tolerance test today for gestational diabetes so I've to fast until 11 and drink a bottle of lucozade yuck!!!(and 13.5 syns!!! What a waste!) I'm starving already lol!

Happy Friday everyone!

FernXx said:
those glucose tests are *****, starving pregnant ladies. Tut!

im still pregnant, and if you havnt guessed.. rather grumpy today. :)

Lol I agree! Lol eating an apple now while my Sw sausages cook!

At least you have a glocose drink, at my hospital they scraped them and had this syrip sugary drink it was minging. Waititng two hours in an overheated room and not allowed mve around sucks d**k!

I have just brought 5 new bras as I keep growing, when will it end, oh how I miss 36c :'(

**** completing my hospital bag - didn't want to do it seems so closer and closer now and starting to get nervous espeically hearing about four ters not three ters :eek:

Hearing about ones and twos - I don't want to know, I want to be ignorant (I deal with it when it happens, if it happens)

Last edited:
ps wots happened to lexi? love to know how your're getting x

I'm still here! Internet access is so rubbish! Put on 1lb since trying to get back on the SW train but all my own fault, trying to eat around a baby hard but getting easier!

Alexander got his tongue tie snipped so feeding going much better and he's up to 10lbs odd now - wee grubber! He's a bit colicky though so having the odd totally horrendous night where he will.not.sleep. and he's sore pulling his wee legs up, so much pacing of the floor and no sleep for me :( But it will pass :) Just busy too, we're STILL unpacking as husband went back to work after a week off and I'm trying to do wee bits as and when I can around trying to cram in sleep and eating/feeding baby.

Just need to get myself sorted out, weight is now 4lbs above pre pregnancy weight, so not horrendous just not where I wanted to be.

Whats happening with Fern? She popped yet?

TOP TIP! I was in Tesco yesterday and noticed they are doing thier own breast pumps which are mechanically IDENTICAL to the Avent manual pumps and only £15. The bottles to fit are only £1.83 each too, much better than the prices charged for the Avent or Tippee spares too. Well worth a look ladies!

Nooo lexie, i am still here.................................... lol You'l all know about it once i finally go!

Oh fabulous news about Alexanders tongue tie, fingers crossed the colic passes soon and you all get a good nights sleep ;) it will pass xxxx Also, weight wise, thats incredible.. go you!

bump 39 wks 004 (1)-1.jpg

39 weeks :eek:

Aw Fern, still no baby! your bump is beautiful, it's making me miss being pregnant lol! Hugs!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies, need to catch up on this thread!

Aww lovely bump pic Fern, will have to make sure i do one of those type. Also gonna do the naked pose a la Demi Moore pmsl!

Lexi only 4lb on since pre pregnancy thats amazing.......be very happy with that, i would be! glad all is ok with Alexander, i did pop over and read the bf posts its nice to read up on how everyone is getting on!

Mrss2010........how many wks are you? I've not got my glucose test till i'm 28 wks. They also told me to make a mega early appointment so i didn't starve which was nice. So 8.30 it is, only gonna get up at 8 as hospital only 10 mins away!

Finally going to start decorating nursery tomorrow, i can't wait! Not going to rush it though cos i want perfection! lol

Had a better day food wise yesterday. I've just got to plan better and start eating more! Have discovered muller light coconut n choc sprinkles..........OMG.........delish!Nom nom

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Hi jojo

I'm only 14+3 days but my mum is diabetic so I was tested early, get results on Tuesday but I'm not overly worried!!!

Wow ur doin nursery ur mega organised how many weeks r u!?

xx

Mrss2010, better to be safe than sorry, hope everything is ok with your test.

I'm 25 wks tomorrow.......wow seems to be going fast now, currently feeling baby hicupping.....so cute!
I wish i was more organised! I've not actually bought i thing yet......i'm scared to, don't know why? I've had the following given me :- cot bed, bouncy chair,light up play bar and a cloth baby carrier! Also claimed my free pack of huggies new born from Asda ( you get a downloadable voucher when you join baby club). Once nursery decorated will pick up the mountain of stuff my sister is giving me.Feel very lucky and will be a massive help. My mum is giving me some money to buy a pram, hoping if any left over we can put towards furniture (all Ikea)! Think i'll get the bug to buy stuff then lol

xx

I've decided I'm not buying anythin until after the 20 week scan, not that I'm finding out the sex or anythin just that I still don't really believe it's happenin! Lol

5 days till we find out :) and as a treat we goinnpumpkin patch and buy a nice outfit. Boy outfit or girly one lol :) so will upload pic so u kno lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

how can you tell if baby is hiccuping?
how can you tell you are having braxton kicks? - I think I did yesterday it was very painful and felt like a tugging sensation arund belly for ages but after a shower it eased off!

When I was getting braxton hicks they kinda felt to me like waves of period pain/diarrhoea pain which came and went. They've eased off recently, and I couldn't really feel it but some people say they can feel their tummy getting hard when it happens.

I'm not sure about hiccups - I think I've felt them a few times but not sure!

Lol my belly looks so big and round but its all bloating. I havent even thought about baby shopping yet as i wont need get anything for baby apart from clothes and a new tyre for my pushchair! I will probably start to do baby shopping from 30+ weeks because if i do it before like i did it with my first daughter i get tempted to buy more than i need and baby would end up not wearing some of the clothes. My tummy hurts a bit but i think thats because i am really bloated. I have my mw appointment on the 26th of august so cant wait to hear baby's heartbeat x

Hiccups for me were like small kicks in a very rhythmic pattern like one every 1.5 seconds.

Braxton hicks I only ever had 2-3 that were noticeably uncomfortable, the rest of them my stomach just went rigid with no sensation to mark them coming and going.

I miss being pregnant :/

Safia said:
Lol my belly looks so big and round but its all bloating. I havent even thought about baby shopping yet as i wont need get anything for baby apart from clothes and a new tyre for my pushchair! I will probably start to do baby shopping from 30+ weeks because if i do it before like i did it with my first daughter i get tempted to buy more than i need and baby would end up not wearing some of the clothes. My tummy hurts a bit but i think thats because i am really bloated. I have my mw appointment on the 26th of august so cant wait to hear baby's heartbeat x

Safia how strange r appointments seem to tying together my next appointment is 25 aug and if I remember right we had scans on same day as well!

Lol yea i think its because we are due in the same week, i am due on the 2nd of august but as my last 2 babies have been 8 and 10 days late who knows if this baby will be here on time. You have already have had your glucose test but my one will be on the 4th of november even though my mum is diabetic but i'm not too worried about it. I also have a scan appointment on the 20th of september and a consultants appointment on the 26th of september.
:(My spd has definately started now and my bones are hurting and clicking away everytime i turn in bed. Been ever so bad eating wise but will try and get back to the sw way of thinking but just cant resist bread particularly toast with marg and honey yummy x

Back