Pregnancy and Slimming World

I don't have a pillow for Alex and his head is "a lovely shape" :D according to Health Visitor. His moses basket has a cellular blanket in it, that's it and his cot has a tight bottom sheet, blanket. No toys, pillows or bumpers in sight.

I've never seen the pillows you're talking about so can't comment on them directly.

Hi Ladies, o thought is just pop in and see how you all are

Jojo - hope your back feels better soon

Grumble - Good luck with the classes.

Fern - Not long now for you. I really emphasize with you over the waiting. Love the bump painting

Bunny - Re pillow - I've not used the one you've purchased so can't say whether it will work or not. My little girl Abbie never had a pillow and didn't get a flat head. She did have a pillow once she was abt 1yr old. The pillow you've bought sounds sensible, you're going to put baby on his/her back so her airways will be clear, so the risk of suffercaiting (sorry bad spelling) is low. I'd see how baby is with it and how you feel before deciding to not use it

Re Tens - I loved it, used it for both my girls and it does work! £19.99 is a really good price, it cost me £25 to rent from boots. I think Fern's idea is a good one on seeing if you cab rent it for cheaper

I'm sorry if I've missed any one or big news. The baby brain is still here lol

The NHS guidelines state that you can use a pillow for a child at 1 years old.

I don't think I be using the pillow until 1, I just got to make sure that Charlies head is getting the right balance from left to right.

I have also brought sign language books - I have been told that sign language is good for baby as it helps communication and understanding for me as I ma autisisitic. Also if Charlie did inherit autism it would help him too as it help express himself :)

Sign language books sound like a fab idea, you'll have to let us know how you get on with them.

Job this afternoon - write my hospital bag list and start pulling bits together

The NHS guidelines state that you can use a pillow for a child at 1 years old.

I don't think I be using the pillow until 1, I just got to make sure that Charlies head is getting the right balance from left to right.

I have also brought sign language books - I have been told that sign language is good for baby as it helps communication and understanding for me as I ma autisisitic. Also if Charlie did inherit autism it would help him too as it help express himself :)

i actually did a course in baby signing like 4 years ago at the local childrens centre, i didnt have to pay for it or anything and you get a certificate, maybe u could have a look online at the nearest childrens centre? :) xx

baby signing is a great way to communicate with babies before thier speach really kicks in, even if they dont use it themselves they will learn to recognise the signs and be able to respond in some way. My neice did it from 9 months and at 2 can now sign Dog, please, sorry, milk, drink, more and thank you and does so every time. Its really impressive! her speach is coming along person but these signs make life easy too.. as sometimes she'l just point and make a noise at somthing she wants.

Having said that she's also just learnt the word guiness :eek:

Guiness nom nom! lol Will have a look into the signing thing too, will also check out what else i can sign up for at the childrens centre, be a good way to meet other mums. Think you can do music and massage.
Can sign at the telly when mr Tumble is on cbeebies pmsl.

woke up to leg cramps at 3.30 this morning........most painfull thing ever!!!!At least with labour i can have drugs! Apparently i should drink tonic water as long as it contains quinnine? Anyone else any tips?

xx

I am of to my local children's centre to do a practical 'hands on' course but I don't know what it actually entails. I am hoping when the baby is two months to join the baby massaging course as well, ooh exciting times :)

What's weird for me is my job is working in the childrens centre lol so I am trained to deliver things myself :( I'm infant massage and baby signing trained :( boooo :( we shud meet up when I've had my baby and I will run an infant massage course for free lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Also am 20+3 today and after my massive 5lb gain last week this week I some how lost 2lb! My body is mental! I am still not on plan what so ever!

So in total now I am only 1lb heavier since finding out I was pregnant on 2nd may :) happy with that!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s

I have had to come on for a rant so i do apologize!!!

Im sooo upset!!!
I really thought i could be pregnant. Was due on yesterday still no period. Past 5 days had lower back ache and strange cramping. Last couple of days my boobs have been soo painful have felt nausea (like a lump that is stuck in my throat) and headaches but just took a test and negative!!!

I just feel like its not going to happen (not because we have need trying for years) but i just can't imagine pregnancy happening for me!!

My husband has just said well your not on yet so just wait and don't think about it to much but i can't help it!! Its my body that feels messed up!

So sorry about that just wanted to get it off my chest!! :-(

squiggy- its not over till your period comes, so dont get too upset. Its very possible that you ovulate late, and that as yet you dont have enough hormone to test positive yet.. so hold out another 4/5days, if you can control yourself.. if your period doesnt come.

I know its SO hard when your desperate to be pregnant, it consumes you and that utter dissapointment of a negative is heartbreaking but it is going to happen for you, i just cant promise you when. But il be keeping my fingers crossed that your period doesnt arrive. x

Ohhh squiggy big cuddles!

But positive no period yet! Maybe the cramping is the implantation? Which would mean you won't get a positive yet! When I did my preg test it was faint line. Considering I was a month preg and the clear blue said 2-3 weeks where I was 4+!!! keep that in mind :)

Let us all kno if u "come on" if we don't hear an update we will assume nothing has arrived!!! Hope hope hoping for u loads xx

Thanks leanne! i do hope so! went to the shop to buy another to use in a couple of days time if i don't come on. A pregnant lady walked in and my heart actually stopped! never felt like that before! i had a little cry in the car driving home! from what iv read and heard your period arriving is similar to the feelings of pregnancy! so flipping confusing!! my head just feels all over the place at the min! if Im not i hope i come on soon and Im not 2 weeks late like i have been!!

I have had to come on for a rant so i do apologize!!!

Im sooo upset!!!
I really thought i could be pregnant. Was due on yesterday still no period. Past 5 days had lower back ache and strange cramping. Last couple of days my boobs have been soo painful have felt nausea (like a lump that is stuck in my throat) and headaches but just took a test and negative!!!

I just feel like its not going to happen (not because we have need trying for years) but i just can't imagine pregnancy happening for me!!

My husband has just said well your not on yet so just wait and don't think about it to much but i can't help it!! Its my body that feels messed up!

So sorry about that just wanted to get it off my chest!! :-(

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, I know how hard it is to be hoping for a positive and then be disappointed and it sucks. ((hugs)) Hugs Crystal xx

What's weird for me is my job is working in the childrens centre lol so I am trained to deliver things myself :( I'm infant massage and baby signing trained :( boooo :( we shud meet up when I've had my baby and I will run an infant massage course for free lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

You should get out there do it privately, you would make a mint :)

Squiggly - I know exactly how you feel, esecially after you have MCd you feel more maternal due to hormals already inside your body. When my period didn't arrive when ttc I used to go ape and swear/shout and want to kill any women that was pregnant. It is such an emotional journey to go through but I did put a lot of pressure on myself to get pregnant which is not mentally healthy for me nor my body. Because as a result of the stress I was two months pregnant without realising. Although after 2 months of trying I needed to change my attitude as it was putting a big strain on my relationship with my partner and my mental health. So decided to have an open window of two years (which is actually the average amount of time for a women to concieve, the luckily ones that concieve early just hit gold). The reason I hit jackpot in the two month span was because I had already been pregnant recently and research has shown that women who have mcd are at a high change of concieving within the next six months of ttc as the body is already in preparation for the baby. hence why they say to women now after first period you can try for a baby as there no harm and changes of concieving are high. Please don't get down put it might be best to change your attitude and not expect to pregnant, the best people that do get pregnant are the ones who are relaxed :)

Last edited:
Thanks bunny! the thing is Im not expecting to get pregnant straight away...its just something is telling me its not going to happen..i can't actually imagine me pregnant. I can't explain it!
like i said my head is all over the place this month i don't know what is going on with me!
Thanks for all your support and advice....means sooo much to me x x

I am pregnant squiggy and I can't see myself pregnant lol how weird....

I'm hoping for u to be preg :)

Leeanne910 said:
I am pregnant squiggy and I can't see myself pregnant lol how weird....

I'm hoping for u to be preg :)

Me also! I really can't picture myself pregnant or with a baby at all even tho I really want one and I'm 15 weeks! Lol

Might b too early for test, as the others have said, can u imagine my shock when the test was negative and then I had to put it in my bag (long story I'm to impatient to wait til I got home) and it was only whn getting into car I noticed another line had sneakily appeared!!!!!!

Back