Pregnancy and Slimming World

((hugs)) Safia, hope everything is ok will be thinking of you. Hugs Crystal xx

Safia said:
Off to the midwife at 2:45 as i am a little bit worried about baby movements and plus at my last midwife appointment she could only hear a background heartbeat so i didnt hear anything as baby wasmoving around too much. Just need abit of reassurance that everything is ok as this pregnancy is really different from my other 2, even my spd is better this pregnancy!

Hope everything has gone ok x

Phew everything is fine,the heartbeat was nice and strong, baby is just relaxing in there and didnt even want to move out of the way from the machine like last time. I can breath easy now till tuesday when i have my second scan x

Great news safia - you must be so relieved.

Good luck for your scan x

That's good to know, kind of frustrating that the only time kids seem to take it it easy it when it drives us insane with worry lol hugs Crystal xx

Glad everything is ok, it is a pain when movement is not so frequent.

I just ate some icecream and played sims - now of to bed because I have tired myself out. Foodwise not started well and don't think it will get any better, not feeling bothered either way, especially with hobnobs in the kitchen and crap whether lol

Ooo bunny now you got me wanting hobnobs too,we have the plain ones in but i fancy the choc topped ones. Had a takeaway yesterday which had way too much salt in it so kept me awake with heartburn so i am now seriously thinking of going back to sw this coming week or the following week and maybe following the green plan as i am so off meat right now.
This pregnancy is sooo different that i have to stop myself from thinking it is a boy as i will be a little tinsy winsy bit disappointed if it isn't so just keep telling myself i dont know what it is and will soon find out xxx

Christ one of the girls from work just posted a photo on facebook of her completely flat belly after having her twins just 6 weeks ago!!!
She said it was after doing lots of sit ups, is that even safe especially after a c section???

I'll probably be lucky to not look pregnant 6 months after let alone 6 weeks!!

Jealous.com - sounds like hard work - much perfer to spend time with baby. Thinking of doing SW about 2-4wks after just get structure back, seriously going have a large amount of baggage to shift and it is going be hard close to Christmas :(

I know what you mean, ive got our work Christmas/office closing party on 14th december and I've got a dress I'd really like to fit into... Just not sure if it's plausible, I'd have to lose all my baby weight to fit into it.
I'm going to see how easy it is to plan food and meals in with a newborn first before deciding when to go back to SW (not class I just do it from home).
I'm thinking I really want to try and get fit through exercise rather than food, just by having lots of buggy walks and lounge friendly exercises from the sky fitness channels while baby is sleeping. My excuse was always that I never had time to exercise with work and was too exhausted after work.

Scary stuff... Thinking about this as well.

You get loads more healthy extras if your breastfeeding though which is nice!

aw, fair play - it is whatever works for you

I love Davina the power of three it is so good at toning up and you can really see the effects
I wish I could just eat healthy but sadly I have a bad relationship and need structure to work towards and then I am lot better healthywise, in mind and body :)

I'm no good at eating healthily on my own either! But I think if I start SW I'll only commit to sticking to plan 75/80% of the time... But hey I guess that's better than nothing!
Will you join a class or do it yourself?

HA! Sit ups 6 weeks after twins and a C section?!?!

I barely have time to go to the loo/keep an acceptable standard of hygiene to stop me getting sniffed and pointed at much less sit ups.

I did think it was a bit nuts - and I thought you weren't supposed to do any exercise for a certain length of time after having a section...

I won't be exercising for awhile as it is tiring breastfeeding - I am just concetrating on SW and sleeping haha

I won't be going to any classes as I have only found one good sw which was really any use. All the other classes I have been to are too loud with rude people in them and find that a lot of consultants don't listen so what a waste of money if they can not provide a service. I lost 2stone last yr on my own so I know can do :)

I'm not intending on breastfeeding (I express until it dries up and as yet haven't managed for longer than a week) or doing sit ups I am not really into torture lol. I am going to get enough exercise running up and down the hospital to special care. I remember when I had Lukas the midwife handed me an exercise sheet along with my discharge notes, I also remember laughing before telling her what she could do with it. Pretty sure you aren't supposed to do anything like sit ups for 6 weeks after a c-section but I don't really know what advice they are giving out now, my cousins girlfriend had a c-section with the last one and she had sections with at least a couple of her other kids and went home a couple of days after they always used to say you had to stay for 7 days afterwards. Slimming World is one of the things I am confused about at the moment, I am not sure I can be bothered to walk there each week, sit for an hour or so on uncomfortable chairs and talk to people when I feel so shitty. I am also not sure I want to pay to see my weight go up but don't really want to put everything I lost back on again either. Guess it's confusing since I am a lot more likely to go back to eating nothing or very little because I just don't feel hungry rather than going on a binge. *sigh* just fed up with feeling so tired and being in pain all the time. Hugs Crystal xx

I'll be honest it's taken my 9 weeks to get back on the wagon properly. I was just too tired before. I'm still tired now but it's not the bone weary tiredness lol.

I think a big part of my motivation to get back on track to was the hour away from the house whilst Hubs watches Alexander.

Exercise wise I was told to stick to things like walking, yoga, swimming and non-impact exercise for 12 weeks and I had a 'natural' birth (forceps). I can barely remember to do my pelvic floor exercises never mind anything additional!

Hi bunny hope your feelin better :(

Have midwife appointment tomorrow!!! Eeeeppp can't wait!!!

Have started back on plan today, even tho I'm 25 weeks! And to be honest I feel proud of myself for bein on plan. Who knows how long I can keep it up, but I don't mind if I just curb as much flubbed as possible I'm happy, rather than go crazy and gain loads!! So far only gained 4lb since finding out so I'm doing ok :)

Here is my 25 week bump, as taken by my 4yr old!! And please excuse my washing drying lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3pm

Attachments

• image-3898441636.jpg
    image-3898441636.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 101
Back