Pregnancy and Slimming World

Lol my midwife warned me and told me to put my hand under my back. I wasn't dilated at all so thats why it probably hurt so much x
John Lewis is a good place to look at for prams as they have a good variety and you dont have to buy from them,you can come online and check if there are cheaper deals but i know john lewis do price match but not online prices x

I made the mistake of looking and trying in John Lewis and that's when I fell in love with the beautiful but oh so expensive iCandy peach. Luckily what that did mean is we knew what we were looking for then in terms of style and design, and looking in mothercare really helped as the my4 was really similar, and half the price!
They were really helpful in there too showing us how to fold, attach the car seat etc.

Thanks for the sweep info, hoping it won't even come to that... I've got my mind set on Sunday as baby day ;-)

Srah - check out kiddiecare.com for prams/buggies - some good ones on there travels systems etc.

Been at the hospital all day, missed my appointment yesterday because I was feeling too ill to go, consultant said I had to go to Day Assessment today instead. Appointment was at 11:40am and we have just walked in the front door. Leaking a lot of fluid, have a high temperature and they seem a bit confused by me, but since scans looked ok and my blood pressure was normal they said to ring if anything changes and were happy for me to go home. Hugs Crystal xx

Hi all
Lexi hope everything is going ok for you :)

Think i've found the pram i like....yay!!!!

Buy your Maxi Cosi Streety Travel System - Astral Blue reviews from Kiddicare Coming Soon | Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment

did look at it today in black, didn't know it came it this bright blue colour, quite like it! I need to stop reading reviews though lol! love the fact its quite cheap in comparison to other prams and tbh can't be bothered to keep looking.If i go for plain black will probably get it from Toys r us and if i'm lucky enough to get some thing to trade in ( see my last post)its only gonna cost me £180..............omg bloody bargain!!!!!!
Weighed myself today now my feet are back to normal and only lost 2 lb.....so the other 8lb all down to being greedy! lol. Back on Sw wagon from today as really don't want to keep piling it on and getting really bad habits! Having risotto for tea, thank god theres no chocolate biscuits in the house! :8855:
xx

Crystal - hope everythings ok, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Well done jojo on finding your pram! I know what you mean about not being bothered to look anymore, its easier just to find one you like and buy it before you can change your mind!!

OMG I weighed myself earlier and I've put on a massive 3.5stone eeek!!!! God knows how long it'll take me to lose, especially as ideally I want to lose another 3.5stone on top of that. Not sure if its do-able but we've decided to treat ourselves to a really nice luxury holiday with some of my redundancy money, for my 30th in march 2013. So if you've got any ideas of a good winter sun location that's baby friendly let me know as I've got no idea where we'll go!! So ideally I'd love to be at my ideal weight by then eek

Can't wait to hear off bunny... Electrics been off all day so I haven't been able to come on here to check if she'd been on!!

Hi Sarah. Looks like Bunny very busy lol! Must be a bit scary for you, knowing you could go at anytime! Exciting!!!!!!!!
Regarding holidays, Canaries good place for winter sun, think cyprus still warm then too? Flight times are around 4 hrs. Could be a bit early season wise for Spain/Greece. There were pleny of little babies about whilst i was away, never got round to asking the parents how they were coping but they seemed ok and that was self catering. I did go all inclusive last Oct and the apartment still had kitchen and fridge which i think is a must with or without children! lol i would defo consider going abroad now with a baby. Don't forget a lot of that 3.5 stone will soon be lost once you've given birth.I'm trying to rein it in now as well and hoping that i will be SW focused completely by time baby is born then i can carry on straight away.........pmsl who am i kidding, no flaming idea whats going to happen and if i will be able to cope let alone being organised with SW, all xmas goodies will be slapping me in the face in supermarket as well so going to be extra hard!!!!:cry:
xx

Newbie x

Hi, I was hoping I may be able to join you ladies. I am 21 weeks 1 day pregnant with my second child. I would like to get back to Slimming World now that my sickness has passed as I would really like to minimise my weigh gain (particularly as I am bridesmaid for my friend 8 weeks after baby is due). I plan on doing SW at home, could anyone give me any advice pls. Do you get extra a's and b's for example?

Thanks
Helen x x

Welcome lelly and congrats!
Do you know what you're having?
Can't give you any advice about sticking to SW as I've failed miserably on that front!!

Thanks jojo for the holiday ideas, I think we'll probably go all inclusive - fancy the luxury treatment!!
I'm definitely going to have to jump on the wagon soon after the baby's born, thinking probably about 6 weeks after and I'll try and get out power walking with the pram as much as possible... Until then I have lots and lots of convinience foods to get us through the first few weeks, including pasta sauces, tinned meals, and I've done loads of batch cooking so the freezers full including:
About 6 portions of bolognese
Cottage pie base
Chicken and mushroom pie base
Pork and mushroom lasagne filling
Pork and sage pie base
Lamb curry
Tomato sauce

Think that's it ;-)
So no excuse for takeaways!!

Just need the baby to come now!!! I've got Sunday in my head as B day (wishful thinking...?)

Welcome Lelly11 good luck with sticking to plan while pregnant, if possible you might want to try and attend just one meeting so you can get the current book and pregnancy advice leaflet. There seems to be a lot of confusion between what slimming world says on their website and what consultants say regarding healthy extras. I can't give you advice about sticking to plan because my issue has always been struggling to eat in the first place. Sarah will keep my fingers crossed baby makes an appearance for you soon, hopefully before ours does lol I very much doubt I will be making my next appointment with my consultant in 2 weeks, it would make things a lot less complicated if she did wait but I get the impression she's about as patient and stubborn as I am, oh dear. I have forgotten what else I have read now, hugs Crystal xx

Hi Lelly11
I still go to Sw meetings though not really sticking to it!!! lol. They recommend that you stick to Extra easy but you can have an extra HEA/B if you want to which helps! I'd go for the full 15 syns per day as well. If only i could practise what i preach eh? Good luck!
Sarah have you had a dream that Sunday's the day or is it wishful thinking lol. Well done being so organised food wise, thats brill.I can get a few things organised but i only have a small freezer. You've got me thinking about planning meals for after already :eek:. Though i've no excuse not to, don't think i'll be going back in work now.They still messing me and another girl about. i've only 5 wks left to work and had no assessment so stuff em! lol......you wouldn't think i worked for the government would you!
Lukasmum........do you really think you will be so early? Is this going off previous pregnancies?
Hey wonder if after you and Sarah i'm next? :eek:...scared!!!!

No dream or anything about Sunday, I just had the 25th stuck in my head from really early on in the pregnancy... So yes wishful thinking mainly!!
I've had a funny day today - lots of braxton hicks. Plus I've been absolutely exhausted, haven't been able to drag myself off the sofa, plus my back has been in agony whenever I've tried doing anything - even washing up or making hubby a cuppa

It's good that you're not going back to work jojo - gives you plenty of time to rest your hip.

Crystal - I'll keep my fingers crossed she hangs in there for you

Lexi, back labour? omg how would i tell the difference between back labour and general back pain? Hadn't thought about labour at all but now its getting close i think i'd better had lol!
Sarah.....this could be it then :D

Well it's taking a long time if it is!
Back still killing today, managed a walk into town with hubby to get some shopping but kept having to stop. Also kept getting pains towards the top of my bump as I was walking - shattered now!!

Oh and I'm in a bad mood today because my ghd straighteners decided to die this morning... RIP my lovely straighteners

Vitfa.......its a new thing with the HE's been a massive debate about them i believe but its true you can have an extra one but only if you really want to lol!

Sarah, i really feel for you over your ghd's :cry:.You can get some money back by selling them for parts, she says.....i've not got round to selling mine yet lol, just type it in google and a few come up.Hope your back pain eases

Had a lazy but busy day lol. PJ day and have done slow cooked chicken for tea, made a SW friendly tomato soup (tip - i lined a big cup with a freezer bag and filled it with soup, managed to get 6 bags worth , now in freezer for if i get peckish or for quick dinners) and a chocolate scan bran cake in the hope it will kerb my choc fix!Also sorted my spices cupboard out and made a list of them.......god how sad, bored cos footy is on!lol
x

Well done jojo - you have better willpower than me! Hope they work for your snack attacks!
Got myself replacement straighteners - some Remington ones in the Argos sale £75 down to £37... Just hope they make the grade as my hair is very thick and naturally curly.

Job tomorrow is reorganising our bedroom to fit the moses basket in (well job for hubby anyway)
Oh and forgot to say he was supersweet yesterday when I was feeling shattered and fed up and brought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers home x

Hey guys, thanks for all the good wishes. Sorry for the delay in reporting, but had baby Charles on 23/09/2011 at 6.55am at hospital but after my waters broke on Tuesday I was sent home for 24hrs to see if labour was nautrally going to occur. Sadly no contractions but just branston hicks (though there bloody painful) but nothing as painful as contractions!!!! I went in on Wednesday had to be induced as waters were broke and they don't like that to happen if labours has not started they want to get it going. Had a pessay but I was sick constantly and nothing stayed down so coughed it out a few hrs later. They decided contractions had started so decided bosy was doing its job naturally. Anyhow two days later with litttle sleep, no food or drink as it all came back and trying to manage contractions. On Friday morning after much nagging I asked if I could get to labour ward - and OH MY DAYS gas and air is heaven along with pervin. Sadly, didn't have the time to have an epidural as I was like waiting for the dr to do it but they were in emergency surgery and I was like OMG what the **** is that (meaning the head in my cervix coming out) mw looked and said it was the head and don;t have time now just got to push. It was amazing though and me and my partener were so emotional and baby Charles is just adoreable and the bestest thing to happen in my life. pictures will be added later, got to pop of now to breast feed :) Hope everythings well and good luck Sarah - been thinking about. Don't worry about weight I put on 3.5 stone and already one stone has come off :)

Back