Pregnancy and Slimming World

Bunny, hes so adorable, lol loving the hat too! glad you're ok x

Vitva, please don't beat yourself up over eating crap! We've all been there, pregnancy obviously does that to you, with your homones raging! Don't give up group unless you're ready too and if you gain you know why.......you're pregnant!i came out of weigh in this morning and had a sausage roll, eccles cake and now chewing my way through treacle toffee, pmsl! I blame my mum! There are wks when you wll feel great and focused and have a good wk and other wks where you just can't be arsed!

Sarah, aww i was thinking about you last night wondering if you were in throws of full on labour! Maybe you should arrange a night out this wk and trick baby into coming lol!
Grrrr bloody work! finally got to speak to my boss today as he's been off and still no DSE assessment planned, told him i'm pissed off big time, not with him, with HR! apparently they want to do a 'fit for work' assessment now.Bit bloody late since i've only 4 wks to flaming work!Hope it doesn't mean they will start my mat leave early? Off to docs for a sick note to cover me the last 6 shifts and maybe the next 6 depending what he says! Am getting union involved now!!!!!!

hi ladies

im back from my hols! omg its mighty boring being away when u cant drink lmao!!!! the heat was torture and i just swole up lmao

Jojo - they really do sound like they're taking the piss. It's worth checking if they can force your mat leave early, I think with my work it was 36 weeks they could force it from so not too bad.
Really hope you don't have to go back for those last few shifts

Sarah......iv'e spoke to my union, he seems to think they dragging their heels as assessments cost money!They probably hoping i stay off sick .......and this is the government i work for! Shocking! I gave my date of starting my mat leave at 36wk anyway so i can actually stay off sick till then anyway at full pay, so thats what i intend to do.Hoping i can nip in to see my team mates though.

Mrss2010............ my feet balooned up too lol managed to loose 6lb off them this wk! How bads that? lol I got a bit fed up not being able to dring too, got sick of coke and orange juice gave me heartburn, ended up sticking to water lol. Felt great not getting up with hangover though ;)

Bunny he is gorgeous!! love the hat!!!

A quid for 2 in boots - got to love a good bargain. Had to go out urgently and get prem clothing as ran out of anything potentially close to smaller end scale!

Seriously never came across so many people that come up to you and go 'he is so smallllllllllllllllllll and cuttttttttttte'

I am expressing now instead of breast feeding - long story, sore boobies, emotional wreak but amazing how many people have problems - even the dr I saw today due to an emergency. Had to have 999 out as midwife was worried due to jaundice luckily everything all normal and back on the track of parenting :)

Bunny sounds a bit scary, glad everything is ok.

It's good you're still managing to express, sounds like you haven't found it easy at all. God I didn't think you'd need early baby clothes - I bet that really threw you off!!

Still no baby... Had a couple of twinges in the night thinking 'is this it?' but no such luck. Back to see my midwife tomorrow (seen others last 2 weeks) so we can have a chat about my sweep, it will be good for her to examine me and see if my cervix has started moving in the right direction.

havent been on here in ages, not sure if i have posted on here yet, lol

if not, can i join yous please?

im 28 weeks preg, due 22nd dec.

still trying to follow sw as best as i can but have gained about 11lbs so far.

congrats to everyone who have had there babies recently...

bunny charles is gorgeous. xx

looking forward to getting to know you all

Went to group last night and lost 1lb not really sure how. I came home feeling rubbish and last night my waters went. Been trying to avoid going to the hospital but they are insisting I go to delivery suite :( so feeling a bit fed up, nothing else is happening she's still wriggling way too much to have any intention of doing anything else. So we will end up sitting up there for hours, they will come in prod and poke about and make everything worse and then eventually decide to do nothing except make me feel like I have wasted their time (you know by doing what they have told me to do and gone up there) before they finally tell me either that I can go home or that they would prefer me to stay (and I go home anyway). *sigh* it's been the same every single time. Suppose I better go pack a bag even though I have no intention of staying, stupid irritating hospitals. Maybe see you guys later. Hugs Crystal xx

Welcome miss marshmallow and well done for the minimal weight gain and sticking to plan so far!

Crystal - I'm thinking of you. How rude of your baby to think about coming before mine lol !!
I hope they don't make you feel like you're wasting their time, it's not on when they want you to go in. So glad it sounds like everythings ok if she's wriggling around, just hope she decides to stay in a little linger for you. I guess it's good that you've experienced some tricky births before - anything like that would send us first timers into proper panic mode (well it would me anyway!!)
Big hugs crystal, look forward to hearing your update on return from hospital xx

Went to group last night and lost 1lb not really sure how. I came home feeling rubbish and last night my waters went. Been trying to avoid going to the hospital but they are insisting I go to delivery suite :( so feeling a bit fed up, nothing else is happening she's still wriggling way too much to have any intention of doing anything else. So we will end up sitting up there for hours, they will come in prod and poke about and make everything worse and then eventually decide to do nothing except make me feel like I have wasted their time (you know by doing what they have told me to do and gone up there) before they finally tell me either that I can go home or that they would prefer me to stay (and I go home anyway). *sigh* it's been the same every single time. Suppose I better go pack a bag even though I have no intention of staying, stupid irritating hospitals. Maybe see you guys later. Hugs Crystal xx

Hi Crystal,

Hope everything goes ok with your little lady and she is staying inside for the time being. Will they give you steroids when you go into hospital? Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your little lady xx

Good luck Crystal, sure everything will be fine!

Welcome miss marshmellow :)

Omg can't believe i'm nearly done with shopping!! Got the pram and cot today, so only need bits for my hospital bag, hoping the nursing bras I ordered from Matalan fit! If not will end up paying over the odds in Mothercare! Also want a nice change bag as a treat for me even though hubs says the free one from Boots is fine, Ha men they just don't get it! It will also be my handbag! :p

Well done jojo! We haven't even got a cot yet!! I'm buying one off my friend - £70 for a mamas and papas cotbed with mattress. She's going to drop it over once baby's born.

See I decided to go for the free boots bag for my change bag... But I'm not that angelic because I treated myself to a gorgeous turquoise ollie&nic across the body bag. Excuse to hubby... Well you can't expect me to have a shoulder bag once baby's born. Oh and it was half price ;-)

Just got home from hospital, doctor was an idiot! Took a 30 second glance and has decided waters haven't gone, like I haven't heard that one before. They always say that and they are always wrong! Doesn't seem to have any sort of logical answer for why if my waters haven't broken my bed is still damp (it was soaking earlier lol) over 12 hours later and I have towels and a nightdress to put through the machine. No contractions and Leia seems fine was moving lots and they got a great trace on her heartbeat. Referring me for a scan tomorrow, hopefully that will prove to the doctor that there is less fluid around baby annoyingly she has also requested a glucose tolerance test. My consultant has never thought it was worth doing because I have never had any issues with glucose and have such teeny tiny babies. Problem is my consultant is apparently not going to be in at all this week, so because doctor has made a judgement call that this was not waters breaking she feels like it's fine to just keep my appointment on Monday. It's bizarre really because her only advice was "wear a pad". Didn't even seem concerned about the seizures (although in all fairness I am not concerned about the seizures they are normal for me). Feeling very tired and fed up hopefully after we change all the bedding we can go to bed and I can get some sleep. Hugs Crystal xx

I have a few of the boots changing bags, they are great to leave packed, but I like the old style one better since it's twice the size. I bought the graco changing bag to match my double pushchair, since the pushchair is purple lol. It's kind of strange that all these times I have been pregnant I have never bothered to buy a proper changing bag before. Hugs Crystal x

Bit of a funny night, had lots of aches last night. Thought it was because I went shopping yesterday, bought a bit more than I should have carried and overdid it on the walk around and back from town.
Thing is... I haven't been able to sleep and I'm still really achy now - pains across the bottom and top of my bump.

Trying not to get excited... Going to make a decision whether hubby should go to work (he leaves at 7) then I'll give my MW a call at 9 and see if she can come over and give me a look over.

Please please please please

Sounds like it to me but could be slow labour yet ya dunno :( I would send hubby to work and hold fire a little. Then if waters go or the pain is frequent and has a pattern time it.

Good luck xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

Hubby is going to work (stresses me out a bit as he's minimum of an hour away but hey ho), need to decide whether to ring midwife at 9 or hang on until my clinic appointment this afternoon.

It's eased off a bit now, I did time them on one of my apps and they were lasting between 25secs and 1.5mins and happening every 2-10 mins, for over an hour. This was about an hour ago (got a bit bored timing them then lol). So it's not as frequent to suggest I'm in full blown labour but I kinda knew that otherwise I'm sure I'd be in more pain.

Going to have a bath in a sec and see how I feel then.

Sounds slow ish. I had that with Jacob an it's comman with first. So I hear and been told. Infct I was convinced they were braxton hicks n cried to my mom that if they were braxton hicks that I didn't want real labour. Jacob born almost 48 hours later xxx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

Silly thing is I'd be quite happy being in slow labour for a couple of days as at least I'd know things are moving.
Had a bath and pains are still there... Thing is I really don't want to get my hopes up in case it's a false alarm. Will keep you posted

Good luck Sarah, hope baby is deciding to make an appearance sooner rather than later. Hospital rung scan is at 10am so have to drag Logan out of bed and leave soon, it's not very easy to get a bus because of of all the buggies. Sure he will be thrilled he's not usually awake before midday lol. They are insisting on a glucose tolerance test so will probably be there for quite a while. Hugs Crystal xx

Back