Pregnancy and Slimming World

Well I managed to have a nap pain free (good after my 3 hours sleep last night) but the aches are still there now.
Unless they get very painful I'm going to hang on for my appointment this afternoon, scared it's a false alarm but hoping it's not

Good luck crystal x

Well excitement over, this baby isn't going anywhere for now. In fact baby's head wasn't even down enough for a sweep.

I'm glad I had an examination, at least I know now. MW said the pains could be due to the baby's head defending, I think it's from overdoing it shopping yesterday.

My blood pressure was up again though so she's coming over to the house tomorrow to check it again.

Next steps would be an appointment with the district midwife next weds where I'll get my induction date. Would be at 12 days over if everythings ok, not sure if my blood pressures up though. Hoping it was just high today because of the pains.

Chilling out now

awww sarah heres hoping bubs makes an appearance soon for u!!!

had my 20 week scan today and i found out im actually 21 weeks 4 days! whoop whoop now due on 4th february, everything looks good so far but i have an anterior placenta which is prob y my hubbie still cant feel ne kicks!

hope u ladies are well!

xx

Awww Sarah you must make a really comfortable baby bed if your little one is too comfortable to consider getting out lol. Hope your blood pressure is down when they recheck it though, high blood pressure can make you feel really crappy, suppose the other side would be that having higher blood pressure might get your induction arranged sooner. Hugs Crystal x

Last edited:
awww sarah heres hoping bubs makes an appearance soon for u!!!

had my 20 week scan today and i found out im actually 21 weeks 4 days! whoop whoop now due on 4th february, everything looks good so far but i have an anterior placenta which is prob y my hubbie still cant feel ne kicks!

hope u ladies are well!

xx

That's nice to be further along than you thought, did you find out what you are having? Hugs Crystal xx

Oh eck Sarah, think the baby is teasing you! Naughty baby!!!!
Crystal....they're really putting you through it, stupid doctors! Wonder why they suddenly insisting on glucose test? I've got mine tomorrow (2nd attempt!) really want a brew but can't have anything after 8 :( then i've got my podiatry appt, looking forward to see if its the way i stand thats causing all this pain,i'm thinking its got f ' all to do with it but then again hoping it is cos then i might be pain free! Yay!!
Got another lot of bargains again today, all baby stuff (nappies etc)1/3 off in Sainsburys and clothing is 25% off. on ebay got a v shape pillow and cover and 5ft maternity pillow and cover for £23.00, would have been at bit more with postage, lucky it was local so looking forward to sleeping with the 5 ft pillow tonight lol!
xx

JoJo I have 2 of those body pillows they were amazing when I was pregnant with Logan unfortunately they are both still at Mark's Dad's house and Mark hasn't had chance to go and get them because it's not like he can bring them home on his bike lol. Hugs Crystal xx

MW just rang me - she's booked me in for a scan this afternoon. Apparently they used to make a big deal of the baby not being that far down the pelvis at this stage of the pregnancy, but don't so much anymore. But she would rather I was checked over with a scan.

I'm quite worried now, but thinking of a worse case scenario if there is something wrong with the baby getting down my pelvis then I guess they'll book me in for a section? I know baby's ok as HB was fine yesterday and he/she is wriggling around as normal today

Will be thinking of you today and hoping your scan goes ok, some midwifes are more concerned about certain things than others hopefully it's nothing to worry about, perhaps baby is just laying at a slightly awkward angle. Hugs Crystal xx

These midwifes like to make us worry! hope all is ok Sarah, just think you will get to see your ickle one again even though its going to be very very soon before you see her/him in the flesh!

Anyway grrrr at bloody hospital!!!.........went for glucose test, as usual they had problems getting blood out of me, had to wait in a tiny waiting room for 2 hrs which surprised me!Didn't know that after 2 hrs i had to go find a nurse to retake my bloods again, wtf?Had an argument with the nurse cos she said she told all the ladies.......er i don't think so! She was too busy apologising to me cos she was crap at taking blood!She admited she was wrong in the end and tried to make a fuss over me then! Been to podiatry this afo,they can see my left hip has dropped and my right hip twisted, no wonder i'm in pain! Have got insteps for both shoes to wear that should help! Had to have an afternoon nap after all this drama!!!! lol . Gotta say loving my body pillow :D x

Well everything is ok. Had my scan and although couldn't see much as baby so big and late stage, did get a fab view of baby's face and their little nose!
Baby is weighing 7lb 1oz at the mo and their head is in the lower 50th percentile, so size is all good.
Obviously baby is just happy to stay put for a bit longer.

I'm feeling so relieved and less impatient now, as I know baby isn't in a hurry. Midwife is coming over Sunday, then I've got to see a senior midwife at the hospital weds when I'll get my induction appointment, for a max of 12 days over.

So had a nice afternoon with hubby, ice cream and walk around the park... In the shade! But Christ my ankles and hands have swollen up in the heat

Glad yr ok Sarah and crystal how's things for u now

Holy crap I wish I never found out what baby is... Mate of mine had 20 week scan was told boy n she thought she saw willy... Out popped millie!! No willy!!! Plus she
Saw what I saw!! Not much penis part but
More balls so to speak!!

If this baby pops out a girl I will freak out as I don't handle change well and will be convinced his "willy" has fell off and still in there!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

They might be able to get a better look for you when you have you follow up scan about the placenta, they told us Lukas was a girl when he was born and they said he was a boy my exact words were "it better not be it's got a purple bedroom and wardrobe full of dresses" lol closely followed by me telling hubby to make sure they spelt his name right luckily we had a boy and a girl name picked out just in case. There was no doubt with the other two though they were definately boys. Hugs Crystal xx

Thanks girls. Now is the time I'm getting sick of people asking me 'any sign of baby yet' grrr don't they realise I'll let them know!!
Well happy due date to me, I think I cam safely say I'm having an October baby unless something very fast happens!!

Leanne - the same thing happened to my neighbours friend. So she was so paranoid about her baby, she kept receipts for everything! But she did have the boy she was expecting luckily!!

Happy due date Sarah- remember you baby is not a casserole dish!....s/he will come when they are ready, think of it this way-your baby just wants to stay with thier mummy a bit longer, how beautiful that they are making the most of these last few days with you. The longer brewed the better. Atleast you know 14 days from now if still no appearance you will be on your way xxx

Thanks honey. Our hospital doesn't let you go more than 12 days over... So countdown is now to 12th October!

Back