Pregnancy and Slimming World

Awww Sarah soooo pleased for you, congratulations to you both!!! Isabella is a lovely name and can't wait to see pictures and read all about the birth!I'm sure with all the help out there she will latch on soon, didn't realise you could express straight away which is good news as my hubs will be able to help with feeds!x

Crystal, good luck for today , so exciting that you will meet you're little one x

Had a lovely babymoon in Wales, it stayed dry for us, overdid it a bit on Tues so had a lazy day yesterday. Back at home now, got physio/podiatry later.Got another sick note lasting till my offical mat leave starts.So i'm a lady of leisure for a few wks......playing a waiting game!!!! lol

fantastic news sarah! ... enjoy all these happy endorphines. Your officially on cloud nine!!!!

- latching is SO difficult, fight hard if you can, to get this right- its so worth it, i love bf now despite the horrid start. If it means phning your mw in tears everyday and begging her to get your baby latched so be it, ask for that help and take advantage.. just remember that whilst bf is the most natural thing, it does not come naturally to either of you!! that was a shock for me! .. your body has been doing it all for her for the past ten months and its all so new and tricky!! .... but if it desnt work, remember a happy mummy=happy baby and she will do just aswell on formula, dont feel guilty. xxx

p.s ladies- highly recommend amazon for pampers nappys- .. 2x62 (124) in any size £11 or £10 if you subscribe ( i chose once a month..) and then you just change your subscription as they move up sizes.... wont beat that price anywhere else!!

Here is a photo of Bella cuddling into me. We've had a lovely first day at home including her first bath! Still struggling to breastfeed but she's having lots and lots of expressed milk so that's fab.
It's just going to take time for us both to learn what to do!

Attachments

• image-4099024134.jpg
    image-4099024134.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 93
how are you giving her the expressed hon (interested to see what teats you use if bottle as Pennys a boob snob and flat out refuses any bottle tried so far..) .. i syringe fed penny expressed when i was in hospital. Only advise is to offer boob before expressed :eek:) .. well done for perserveing hon, i promise its so worth it!! 4-6 weeks seems an age away right now i know, but at 8 weeks Penny is a boob pro, which is incredible if youd seen the state she'd get in the moment i put her even near my boob in the early days. Was heartbreaking.

Isabella is just stunning. Oh i wish i could turn back the clock and just relive that day over and over.

I syringe fed her in the hospital too. I'm now pumping with a medela mini electric pump and using avent bottles and teats - she's taking to it fab! Yep I'm trying her for a good half hour on the boob before giving her a bottle.

I'm super duper lucky though as my MIL is an assistant on the labour and postnatal ward so supporting with breastfeeding is something she does everyday, so she's a great help, particularly when I'm doubting anything I'm doing. it also meant a few perks which you'll see when I write up my birth story!

She's lovely Sarah, my daughter Isabella was due on the 11th of October, but was born by c section on the 23rd.

Still trying for baby number 2.....so who is due next?

Hopefully mark posted a birth announcement for me, but just in case he didn't baby Leia was born today at 1.03pm by c section she weighed 1.66kg (about 3lb 10.5) and she looks just like Leo except her hair is darker like mine, she has a vice like grip and the loudest set of lungs ever. Managed to express some milk which they are going to try her with tomorrow, she's doing really well and mummy isn't too bad either will try and take some decent photos tomorrow. Hugs crystal xx
2011-10-13145044-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations honey she's absolutely beautiful x

Awwwwwwww......my heart just melted at your gorgeous daughters Sarah and Crystal!

Think its me next woooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!:D

Fern thanks for bargain tip on pampers, never even thought to check out amazon! lol

Midwife just tried to canx my first active birth session........think again! lol hubs has had to get special time off work for this!
Physio yesterday, struggling with my spd at mo so i'm getting crutches :cry:

Congratulations to both Crystal and Sarah on your gorgeous daughters!! xx

hi currently sat in hospital being monitored! wiped blood after going loo n was in toilet too this morning frightened me to death! im thinking poss piles but never had them so dunno? all seems ok with checks just waiting for doc to come n see me.....might be a while.
tmi now .......anyone else had itchy swollen labia? hoping it not thrush

Back