Pregnancy and Slimming World

I have had itchy swollen labia and was thrush. First time in my life and was bout 16 weeks preg in this pregnancy. And piles I had with Jacob and scared me as I thought omg what's that which feels
Like grapes coming out my bottom!!!!

Hope ur ok Hun!! Xxx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 5lb

Hope you're ok Hun, sorry can't really help with your Qs though x

Hi
seems all is well, doc cant explain where blood came from, its not piles n there is no blood elsewhere lurking about! since its unexplained im still bit worried but they dont seem to be! will just keep checking myself lol as for itchy lips yep its thrush.....very common in pregnancy. i feel ok n baby is currently wriggling about think he trying to tell me its bacon buttie time! nom nom xx

Glad ur ok hunny!!!!

Been baby shopping today :) found the reusable nappies I wanted and they are awsome and was on offer so I spend £15 on it all on a different brand rather than £200 :) happy!!!

Tonight me and other half packed
Mine and babies bag :) eeeeepppp
Now it feels real and it's time
To relax and prepare for birth :) only 5 weeks left at work!

Ohhhhh myyyyy goooodddddd lol

Hi all thought I would share my 29 week bump

Attachments

• image-3552753073.jpg
    image-3552753073.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 88
Pregnant and struggling!

Hi guys,

I found out about a month ago that I'm pregnant, terrified to start with but quite excited now, and hubs is over the moon!
My main issue is that while i've not had bad morning sickness, I've had quite bad nausea and the main thing my body seems to have gone off is fruit an veg, I literally can't put it in my mouth without heaving. Obviously I've been existing on stuff I can handle so far, but its everything I shouldn't be eating and the weight is going back on which I really dont want.
Hubs made me a lovely free spag bols last night and I ate about half because the meat and peppers were making me feel queasy. I just don't really know what to do - I don't want to be a fat mummy and obviously baby is only getting the vitamins from the multi vit I'm taking.
Any advice from anyone would be amazing! Xx

Firstly don't stress! Morning sickness normally goes about week 16, until then it's a reassurance because healthy pregnancies make you sick!
After that you can feel the baby moving!

I had sickness with both of mine, the second with my son was worse and I regularly threw up, and lost 2 stone but I was big anyway.
Tips, eat little and often, never allow yourself to get hungry, so try veggie sticks, sugar snap peas (raw), potato salad, with lots of raw salad veg.
Avoid anything fatty and try starchy foods instead like pasta, potatoes, rice. Go for 'clean' foods that are unprocessed.

Don't worry about baby not getting nutrients, as babies are parasitic and will take from your stores first so it's actually your health that suffers but you can make that up later, it's not a problem.
Do make sure you have a good walk at lunchtime to get your vitamin d and to help with your moods.

Oho nearly forgot congratulations!
I LOVED being pregnant, loved labour too it's an exciting time, full of wonder at what your body can do! Enjoy it, it will get easier (the worst thing with Dort was not being able to drink tea for 7 months! Worst thing about Son was fancying something, then it being on my plate and not being able to eat it!).

Morning ladies I came home from the hospital yesterday, Leia is doing really well she's been moved to low dependancy special care and having 8ml of milk an hour via tube (it's the maximum she is allowed because of her weight they work it out based on a certain number of ml per kg). She maintains her own temperature, needs no help with breathing and they have even removed her IV access because she doesn't require any medication. It's kind of crazy that she is perfect except for being tiny, every time we call up we get the same line from the staff, "she's fine no changes to report, very relaxed and settled". I even picked up her notes to read for myself because I am having a hard time believing that there are not any problems with her lol. This photo is from 2 days ago when she still had the IV in but I haven't had chance to take any more since. Hugs Crystal xx
2011-10-15161212-1.jpg

Everything that Shirleen said!

Its horrible, I was sick with all 4 of mine, so bad I was put on anti sickness tablets. I found anything tomatoey based made me worse like spag bol, chilli etc

Toast with butter and jam always made me feel better with a big mug of tea, try that but try and use low fat spread (like flora light) and maybe sugar free jam!

Eat little and often, always have something to nibble at in your handbag and have a bottle of juice with you at all times!

Roast dinners are good too, lots of potatoes and veg and some chicken for protein with some gravy so its not too dry

You'll just have to try different foods and see which ones are trigger foods and stay away from them

If you are eating good healthy dinners and not too much chocolate etc hopefully the weight won't go back on but also try not to stress over putting on weight! :)

I had terrible sickness in pregnancy. The only thing I can advise which is what my midwife told me is eat little often - even it its not veggies etc and once the morning sickness is over you can concentrate on healthy eating. Good luck, I hope it passes for you soon xx

Thanks guys, realistically I know its unlikely I'll feel like this the entire time but its getting me down when I so want to eat healthily and stick to the plan but I just can't face it! At the moment its more snacking than meals, I'm still eating a decent amount just not all in one go. The major issue I have is working in retail so my shifts are 6 hours at a time - I'm currently taking a hifi bar so I can munch on that halfway through, I'm just not used to how much energy growing a baby seems to take! xx

She's absolutely beautiful, so glad she's doing so well xxx

Just wanted to say congratulations!!!

And please stick with it... I know how horrible nausea is had it with all mine. I only stopped feeling sick when I ate toast or biscuits which aren't very SW friendly so I gave up, stupidly. Now I'm here desperately trying to lose the weight I put back on with DD :(
If you can't be 100% don't worry. Even following vaguely will be beneficial and in the long run will help you get back on plan again when you are feeling better. I really wish I'd done the same.

P.S Rich tea fingers (only 1 syn each) are great for nibbling.

All the best xxx

Try sugar free mints, they worked a treat for me

aww shes so cute really pleased shes doing so well xx

Sarah how r u getting on? hope all is well xx

leanne lovely little bump youve done fantastic with keeping the weight off! been sw today and officially 2 stone on at 34 wk!!!!! not too good in my opinion so have had a big word with myself to get a grip! have got a food diary set up to keep an eye on what im having something wrong if i cant manage on 2 x hex n 15 syns a day! gonna have a mound of sw chips big veggy omlette n beans.... followed by sw rice pud which ive not made for ages nom nom if still hungry after all that im just bloody greedy! lol x

I have just found out im 4-5 weeks pregnant and i would love to stick to sw, so far i doing ok but its early days, i hope i can stick to it right the way through and be a healthy weight when had baby

I hve just found out i an 4-5 weeks pregnant, i have been on sw for a few months and lost a stone and half and i.feel great however i would like to stick to it whilst pregnant. Do you follow it the same?

Back