Pregnancy and Slimming World

Tristan is really nice never heard of it before. Is it American?

I like Skye too. When I was having Mikey I wanted charleigh for a girl (again after my great grandad Charles/Charlie) but now there are so many boys called Charlie I dont think it would be fair to have a girl with that name as she may get picked on. :(

Im not finding out sex, didn't with Mikey, I want a surprise. :)

X

sorry if someone has answered this before but when you do get pregnant do you still pay full price for group etc? iv rejoined this week but im planning on making baby number 2 next month and just wondered how group WI's work while pregnant.

is it easy to do SW through pregnany, im over weight and just fear im going to put on another 3 stone like with my first baby

haha oh well at least i have time to try and prepare myself, hopefully i can find so recipes that seem to be naughty and comforting but are actually SW friendly.

i couldnt follow sw when pregnant.. i thought it was me just finding it too hard to stick to because i wanted to enjoy much more yummy fatty things and a lack of willpower.. loooking back i can genuinly say i couldnt, not through any choice of my own because i did try.. but i felt so physically sick half the time, only wanting bread etc.. and when that did finally pass i was so incredibly hungry no matter how much i ate, that i could not last more than a week without finding it really hard. So yes, i gained 4st of my 5st loss back.. but ive got 2st to loose now, Penny is 2 months.. and il get there, and im finding it really easy to follow despite having 9 months off plan. xx

ok thanks for that my consultant says she wants me to stay to group throughout the pregnancy. I will try but if the baby needs more or i need me then im not going to feel guilty if i do slide (i say that now!) i just hope i can lose some weight before i get pregnant. Iv got at least 3 stone to lose but hope to be pregnant by christmas or jan.

Hi
Well after 1 wk back on Sw i put 0.5lb on! pmsl! could it be that my feet and hands were swollen and i'm constipated???? Or was it the popcorn i had Saturday then the big bag of chocolate buttons i had Sunday.........who knows! I didn't beat myself up over it though. I enjoyed the bad stuff as much as i have enjoyed getting back into sw mode! Went for a nice meal last night and had pudding so thats not even gone onto my diary this wk lol. I have started afresh today though so lets see how i get on this wk eh?

I've no appointments this wk and hubby on late shifts so decided to have 3 whole days in pj's , trying to give my knackered body a big old rest!!!!:D

im tryring to get as much info on SW and pregnancy as i can.......well done on the low gain hope i can do that when im preggers! im worried that i'll just gain and gain throughout. Im going to follow the plan but im not going to say no to things that i want or need. When your pregnant and on SW do you have a different meal plan? more HEX'a etc??

Hi Pizzle, its only a low gain this wk ive actually gained 2 stone! Combination of 2 weddings 2 holidays being in **** loads of pain and general cba moods to cooking and not forgetting the classic....im pregnant i can eat some crap lol. They reccommend you stick to extra easy and enjoy an extra A n B choice.Ive been 100% today but who knows what tomorrow brings x

i know i'll do the whole "im only eating this 3rd chocolate bar because the baby needs it!" but i do believe that when your pregnant its all about keeping that baby healthy so never feel guilty about eating something naughty :) i hope i'll stick to being healthy but i know i'll slip up more than once.

Ohhhh myyyyyy god!!! :)

Could not feel more on a high!!!!!!

Just weighed myself and at 30 weeks I lost 2lb!!!!!!!!!!

Every day for lunch I had speed soup. That's all I have done. Still ate crap and galaxy choc but made sure I have tried to get some fruit and speed soup!!!!

This means i have gained only 3lb in my whole pregnancy!!!!!!! I know people say ohhh that's worrying why is it? He is measuring 2 weeks ahead so is a big baby his heart beats happily and he is so active and I never starve I eat when hungry and make sure I get some goodness!!!

Dietitian appointment today!!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Congrats leeanne your n inspiration I'm only 5 weeks and have majorly fell off the wagon already, but hearing your success I'm gonna try harder xx

wow well dont thats amazing, hope i can do that through my pregnancy!

LISTEN UP LADIES!

Now, i will tell you.. as a weight obsessed woman who spent 80% of my pregnancy worrying about my weight, just eat. Enjoy this time. no matter what you will have weight to loose after. Even if you are somehow at your prepreg weight or even target after baby, your body changes and being a woman, you will strive to polish that diamond of a body, loose weight and make it 'better' ... yes not gaining much during your pregnancy means you wont have much to loose after but i promise you, you will have such a new found appreciation for your body and so pre-occupied with your amazing creatition that by the time your ready to get back on the sw wagon youl have already lost a fair bit naturally and youl be in a whole new frame of mind. Ever sit and look at cakes and yummys or watch these cooking programmes with all these people tasting the yummyness without a hint of hesitation and think 'iwish i could just eat what i want, enjoy food and genuinly not worry?' cos i know i do! .. well this is your only oppurtunity in life to really relax. you are pregnant, enjoy your figure and love that food!.. whats the point in fighting cravings and urges only to have to be good again after anyways? cos you know the first thing youl think is 'shoulda eaten that while i was pregnant and could! ' lol!

im not saying go mad, eat your fruit and veg and remember your health is important for your baby too.. but you'l look back and regret all this time worrying! i do.. and i ate my fair share! but it was alll tainted with guilt! so unless your weight already puts you at serious risk.. you relax, enjoy this time to indulge a little!

i gained 4st in my pregnancy, and i beat myself up over it so much at the time. that was 7lb short of my whole weightloss previous! ..but Pennys 9 weeks now, ive 2 st to loose but i am so happy and my weight is coming off, when your a mum your figure doesnt bother you the same way it did before.. theres no rush this time. i'm enjoying my baby while shes so little and i have faith i will be back in my size 10's eventually!!

heres a little laugh for you all too!

294624_10150349402607201_508182200_8570587_1544447913_n.jpg

hahaha love that photo!!

Hear hear fern!!! I had that attitude in pregnancy and so glad I did! Yes I've got 2 stone of pregnancy weight to lose but so what?? I've got a gorgeous girl to rush about looking after (I'm so much more active than before already!) and I really enjoyed relaxing about food during those 9 months. And I have no regrets at all!!

I've made the decision to restart SW when hubby goes back to work next week and I'm really excited! I now want to lose weight more than ever before so I can be an active mummy for my daughter.

I hear what your saying but if you were a size 10 before, your werent fat to begin with, I know every woman hates Something about they're body and most stress about your weight, but for those of us that are overweight or obese to start with before pregnancy it is important to watch what we eat. I'm not saying deny yourself of what you want and you can indulge a bit but for people who are obese it is recommended you don't gain more than a stone in weight, a difficult feit if you think about the weight of baby and all the fluid and stuff, slimming world is a good plan for over weight preggos coz your baby is getting all the nutrients it needs and you get to maintain a healthy weigh as well
I'm not very good at articulating my point so no doubt will have an abusive answer telling me I'm wrong :(

I was 18 stone 10lb when I started slimming world on the advice of my hospital consultant, I finished my pregnancy weighing 13lb less than when I started (I actually lost more than that but put almost 7lb on in the last few weeks of my pregnancy thanks mostly to fluid retention and being so ill). My issue was never eating crap it was always not bothering to eat at all. There really isn't an easy answer to this debate, I got in trouble with my consultant because she said I had lost too much weight but I didn't do it by depriving myself of anything I was eating so much more than before I was pregnant. I am not going to say I didn't indulge in what I wanted including 48.5 syns on an xl bacon double cheeseburger after shopping one day lol. Ironically the week I had that I had one of my biggest weight losses. Pregnancy does strange things to your body and sometimes food that you love will seem horrible and food that you hate will look incredibly tempting. Personally I think it's a great idea to try and do slimming world when pregnant but you do have to allow yourself to stray from the plan without feeling too guilty about it. Hugs Crystal xx

Back