Pregnancy and Slimming World

i totally get you- i was a size 18-20 when i began sw.. i got to a size 10 and maintained for a year and a half before i fell pregnant with my noodle.. i know what its like, im no skinny minny whose never been there i assure you that... please note aswell i did say i wasnt encorouging you to go mad, i love sw and think it's great to follow whilst preg if you can.. but i spent alot of my pregnancy feeling guilty for being bad, notbeing able to stick to plan and worrying how much id have left over to loose.. im sure if you back through this entire thread you'l see it for yourself!

all i really meant was embrace the situation, dont beat yourself and enjoy while you can.. xx

Don't get me wrong u should always be relaxed with what u do in pregnancy.

I am taking comfort in I had an awful birth with Jacob and this time I want
To be as healthy as possible so I
Am trying to maintain but not stressing if I want that biccy or choc lol

Bern dietitian today and been discharged as they can't advise me anything as I'm doin everythin I should. Just been told i should aim
Not to lose weight but to gain no more then a stone through my pregnancy for my bmi of 32.

And she said that as much as I have gained at the moment is about right :) so long as I eat what I am eating as I
Am gettin all the nutrients I need I am doing fine :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

Well said Fern....i love you lol

I think the whole message here is to eat healthy, follow Sw if you can and if you have the motivation! There WILL be times when its just not possible for a whole load of reasons, pregancy related or not! Right wheres that massive bar of chocolate.......lol

Well im on day 2 of doing very little in my pj's, thing was i had a crap nights sleep last night! Obviously not tiring myself out now lol, can't win! i've also started xmas shopping, all on line of course. I've even bought Daniel a set of cars to play with when he's older. Anyone any ideas what else i could buy him, i'm not going to go mad but feel i should buy a few things . I've asked family and friends to give me vouchers! xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Well said Fern....i love you lol

I think the whole message here is to eat healthy, follow Sw if you can and if you have the motivation! There WILL be times when its just not possible for a whole load of reasons, pregancy related or not! Right wheres that massive bar of chocolate.......lol

Well im on day 2 of doing very little in my pj's, thing was i had a crap nights sleep last night! Obviously not tiring myself out now lol, can't win! i've also started xmas shopping, all on line of course. I've even bought Daniel a set of cars to play with when he's older. Anyone any ideas what else i could buy him, i'm not going to go mad but feel i should buy a few things . I've asked family and friends to give me vouchers! xx

How old is he? Play had a toy sale not sure if it's still on? X

Lol hes not even born yet! All being well he will be 3 wk oldish! Bit difficult since he wont have a clue, still think it would be nice to get a few little things

ForumRunner_20111026_165503.jpg

ForumRunner_20111026_165524.jpg

Bump update 35+3 wk <3<3<3

Ohhhh just u called him
Daniel lol.

Ok well we got my son things like rattles, elc are good online? Get stuff up to 6 months toys? My son was born nye 2009 so he got pressies under the tree in case lol. X

So happy went to a different slimming world group tonight run by our original consultant in between Leia's feeds and I lost 7.5lb :) fingers crossed I can lose 0.5lb before our next group and get my 1.5 stone award. Kind of strange since I feel absolutely huge at the moment, have no idea how long it takes for the c-section swelling to go down but hopefully it will hurry up I am running out of jeans that are comfortable to wear lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Jojo I am buying Leia a wooden dolls house for christmas, I have wanted one since I was a little girl and couldn't really justify buying one for myself but I fully intend to indulge all of my girly fantasies now that I have her to buy for lol. I remember for the boys first christmas's I bought books and some toys, although they were all August babies so were about 3 months old at Christmas. They liked the wrapping paper and the bows much better than anything I bought. Boots has some great stuff included in the 3 for 2 offer. Guess it really depends what you want to spend I kind of approach it from the point of view that I would have ended up buying them these toys anyway so may as well be for christmas rather than just random shopping trips. But if I am being completely honest I care far too much about getting cute photos at Christmas so I can scrap them and indulging myself in my desire to buy cute stuff for the kids so I just try and restrain myself to only doing it at Christmas, Easter, Birthdays and Halloween or we would be in a very bad place financially lol. Hugs Crystal xx

I hear what your saying but if you were a size 10 before, your werent fat to begin with, I know every woman hates Something about they're body and most stress about your weight, but for those of us that are overweight or obese to start with before pregnancy it is important to watch what we eat. I'm not saying deny yourself of what you want and you can indulge a bit but for people who are obese it is recommended you don't gain more than a stone in weight, a difficult feit if you think about the weight of baby and all the fluid and stuff, slimming world is a good plan for over weight preggos coz your baby is getting all the nutrients it needs and you get to maintain a healthy weigh as well
I'm not very good at articulating my point so no doubt will have an abusive answer telling me I'm wrong :(

I don't think anyone's been abusive on this board have they?

We can all disagree on a point but I don't think it's been done abusively!

Regards weight gain it's a very delicate issue and has to be discussed with your doctor/midwive as they are the only ones qualified to tell you how much you should and shouldn't gain.

I gained 2 stone whilst pregnant and it was more or less all gone after I had Alex. I ate what I wanted and relaxed around food, by that I mean if I wanted a roll and chips I had one, but still made sure I drank my milk, ate my yoghurts. If I wanted Ice cream then I tried to get low fat frozen yoghurt instead.

If I wanted a burger then I had one, just not every day.

I can't count the number of times I posted here saying eat what you liek within reason, you only get one go at this particular pregnancy and there's no point making yourself miserable for 9 months and stressing the whole experience. Nourish your body and learn to love it.

And I'm speaking from a size 18 perspective, I was 14st 7 pre pregnancy and now still at 14 stone 12.

My body is amazing, it produced my son. It continues to care for and feed for him. I'm not sick, I'm strong and healthy. It might be flabby but it's an amazing piece of machinery!

I agree with everyone to a point :) I'm happy with what I am doin. I had my dietition appointment yesterday and with my bmi of bout 32 I should aim to gain no more than a stone according to the dietitian and as long as u get some daily activity and all the correct nutrients etc it's fine and not to over do the junky stuff. Which I have been doing so I'm pleased :)

Hi all

Thanks for the advice about xmas presents, much apppreciated!
Grrrrr to my husband! Last night was sick n felt a bit crap afterwards......did i get any sympathy, NO! got himself into bed and started messing about on facebook......wanted to shove his phone up his arse! He didn't get why i was annoyed? Made sure he got it in the end! lol Told him i felt vunerable since i'm carrying our child and just wanted a bit of love and attention! God knows whats going to happen when i'm in the middle of labour!
xx

You never know hun he might surprise you when it comes to labour, can't say that during any of mine Mark did what I expected lol. Hugs Crystal xx

Lol men are useless during pregnancy, I reckon they think we make it all up, my husband was there all way through labour with me with my first, when she finally arrived all he had to say was thank god for that I'm exhausted, would have smacked him in the face if it wasn't the beautiful little girl in my arms x

My oh was very supportive during labour but he still peeved me off with telling me to breathe, haha I think men can't win but there great tool use to abuse during labour with colourful language, mwhahaha

Ok just wanna erm what's the word... Dunno lol

Well sunday I woke early hours bent over in pain in my belly. Huggin my pillow. Baby kicked fine waters were still intact and pains eased off. Only since then the top of my foof aches. My lower back is so sore I need to have warm bath all time and beg other half to rub lower part of my back. Now and then my lower bump hurts or I get a sharp burning pain in my pubic bone. I can't remember a thing all of a sudden from when I was pregnant with Jacob n not sure if I should be worried.... Part of me thinks I don't and it's pregnancy niggles other thinks hmmm I can't remember what to think!

:(

i dont want to worry you for no reason but if it was me id go to the doctors first thing tomorrow or a&e now if you're really worried. just to make sure and put your mind at rest.

Leeanne910 said:
Ok just wanna erm what's the word... Dunno lol

Well sunday I woke early hours bent over in pain in my belly. Huggin my pillow. Baby kicked fine waters were still intact and pains eased off. Only since then the top of my foof aches. My lower back is so sore I need to have warm bath all time and beg other half to rub lower part of my back. Now and then my lower bump hurts or I get a sharp burning pain in my pubic bone. I can't remember a thing all of a sudden from when I was pregnant with Jacob n not sure if I should be worried.... Part of me thinks I don't and it's pregnancy niggles other thinks hmmm I can't remember what to think!

:(

Google 'Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction' and see if this is what you are experiencing! Also just ring the midwife and explain what happened and see what she says :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back