Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hopefully could be the start of things Jo, when i was in early labour with my daughter it was like period cramps and backache x

Leanernlighter.....sad story n yes maybe we should put things into pespective n maybe not worry about ' trivial things' as u put it.......i should point out that this is a thread especially for slimming world n pregnancy so we will post about weight n about all things pregnancy n not need to justify it!

Good luck with your sweep jojo - don't worry, it's not so bad. I thought it was really similar to a smear. If you do end up going down the induction route (hoping for your sake you don't!) pm me if you have any Qs about it xx

jojogonnabeslim said:
Leanernlighter.....sad story n yes maybe we should put things into pespective n maybe not worry about ' trivial things' as u put it.......i should point out that this is a thread especially for slimming world n pregnancy so we will post about weight n about all things pregnancy n not need to justify it!

Thanks that's fair enough. I too am part of this thread. My post was about perspective.

sarah83 said:
Good luck with your sweep jojo - don't worry, it's not so bad. I thought it was really similar to a smear. If you do end up going down the induction route (hoping for your sake you don't!) pm me if you have any Qs about it xx

Aww thanks Sarah, didnt realise its like a smear.....not too bad then! Tmi have wiped a bit of blood this morning like a period, no mucus though so dunno if it still classed as a show?lol

Leanernlighter........hope ur friend is ok n hope u r too, how far pg r u? X

Ooh good luck jojo, hope this it it! I guess you'll find out at your sweep if things have started.
Probably not good to compare as my 'show' was kind of forced as I was induced, but mine was very bloody, and very mucusy, and started that way rather than building up. It might come on more gradually if it's natural??

I had a stretch and sweep with my first and didn't enjoy it lol, it wasn't painful but quite uncomfortable, hope you do come on naturally, mine didn't work and had to be induced :(

Well had my sweep, uncomfortable lets just see if it works! I have been having shows all day as well apparently they arent always bloody! Mw thinks im very ready but have been booked in for induction on 9th dec.

Gutted......pc got massive virus had to wipe everything including loads of pics! Have lost all my honeymoon pics which we never got round to printing or putting on facebook! My wedding ones r on disc luckily! Grrrrr just glad theres no baby pics yet....i will be putting them on an external drive and printing them im taking no chances!!!! Hope this gets everyone thinking about stuff u may have on ur computers n mobiles too x

Hope your labour starts soon, I was induced 15 days over and had no show or indication labour was going to start, so maybe something is going your way, fingers crossed for ya x

mummyClark said:
Hope your labour starts soon, I was induced 15 days over and had no show or indication labour was going to start, so maybe something is going your way, fingers crossed for ya x

Thanks mummyclark.......eek 15 days over long time to wait! Gonna have to shop tomoz .......wonder if i get free shopping if my waters break lol

Hang about in tesco I remember reading someone got a years supply of nappies when they're water broke in one of their stores, I'd opt for mothercare, could save a fortune lol x

I didn't have anything before being induced earlier, apart from stronger braxton hicks, but that was for a few weeks earlier!
Keeping my fingers crossed jojo - hope this is it :)

i thought id had a show about 36 weeks, but i definitly didn't. My plug came moments before she realised i was 10cm. The only thing id had was THE lightest tinge of pink in my knickers an hour before my contractions kicked in lol!! ................ I do however believe i had a very, very small leak starting from the friday before. I went into the loo in costa, and they had a mirror oposite the loo.. watching myself widdle (as you do) i stood up, as i'd finished.. and saw a load of liquid come out.. i remember thinking, is that what i think it is? didnt feel like more wee, but you know what things are like when your preggo.. couldnt be sure.. anyways, i started leaking very small amounts of clear fluid over the next few days, so i phoned mw, but she reckoned because i wasnt filling any pads it was nothing.. the following friday i had Penny... when i went in she was saying if my labour was slow they had options.. like popping my waters.. yet my waters NEVER broke.. afterwards i asked my sister if she saw any water and she too couldnt work out why there wasnt any.. but the mw has written in the notes my delivery was 40 mins after rupture of membranes (waters) but she must have been referred to the wee i had when she realised i was 10cm.. and it definitly was no waters. I never had much water when i had my growth scan at 38 weeks, my deepest pool was only 3cm.

sorry, went off on one there! .. anyways, my point is.. you can have nothing and then bam.. babba! .... i knew she was coming though. I could feel things where different within me, but no one listened! they all said i was just too hopeful, that i was pinning all my hopes on due day.. well, proved them wrong.. me and my punctual babs!

So sorry gemma, have you been to the doctors so they can check you?
Big hugs xxxxx

Back