Pregnancy and Slimming World

I only have fruit n fibre for brekki as all through this pregnancy I haven't been able to poo lol or porridge if I'm havin a hungry day.

Lots of ppl let me down with baby shower... But still had fun! Although jay came home rather drunk lol

Lyin in bed at moment while he makes me eggy bread n a cuppa :) mmmmmmm

4 weeks left tomorrow till I see my angel!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 35 weeks preg: 14s 7lb

Hi becca, how long have you been doing it? I just started back on it, for the last few weeks I've felt so rough with nausea, had a bad evening yest I had a bit of a disaster with tea, and today I went well over my syns, forgot to tell the mother in law I was doing sw again she bought a black forest gatau and she looked gutted when my hubby said he wasn't having any so I couldn't muster up the will power to say no. But I'm determined to be back on track for the next few day, hope to atleast sts on Fri morning weigh in. Just keep at it, if you go off track don't beat yourself up, just try again :) x

Congratulations Jojo!!! Yay! He's such a cutie :)

Me next!!!! Eeeeep!

Sorry i've not been around, not following s.w AT ALL and been trying to sleep as much as i can!

Welcome all the newbies & hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Hijacker? Lol aww congrats how mad u posted on here n next thing ur pg lol ......its a lucky thread!

Well everything is still going really well, mw visit was good, still bf great n trying to grab sleep when Dan does ......even if its 20 mins it all helps. Made hubs stay asleep last nite so i can have a sleep in the afternoons whilst he has father/son time.

Cant remember who was asking about bfast ideas......if u want to save ur b choice try sw rice pud with a yogurt mixed in n fruit. I use to make a batch when making tea.
Leanne how come it was a let down? Hope ur ok x

Loads of ppl let me down last min due to cold going around. Then some were no
Shows and got in touch yesterday sayin they had either forgot or got the day confused. Either way those that come had fun with the games I did. I don't think I will organise my own baby shower again. And don't think i will do one for someone else either as I was so tired and done so much preperatuons I made myself feel really unwell!!

Well today I'm 36 weeks I can't beleive it! Doesn't seem 5 mins i posted about getting a faint line! And in a max of 6 weeks I will be holding him. I keep looking in his Moses basket and visulising him sleeping! Gosh I'm so nervous this time round. I feel more scared of labour this time than with my first :,( to the point I don't want it to happen. Too late for that lol.

Have gone from craZy nesting last week to super sloth the last day yesterday I slept loads and I still feel like could sleep more.

Also need help. What can you take
For MEGA constipation? It's been days! Since wed or thu, have only managed a couple of pebbles hahaha sorry for tmi but it's making me miserable and I have drank loads of water and ate loads of fiber and nothing is shifting it!! And I think it's making me sick cuz I feel nausea back!

Jacob has his nativity play today!!! Omg! He is in reception and he is a shepard and has a line and gotta sing
Little donkey!!!! There shall be tears!!!

jojogonnabeslim said:
Hijacker? Lol aww congrats how mad u posted on here n next thing ur pg lol ......its a lucky thread!

Well everything is still going really well, mw visit was good, still bf great n trying to grab sleep when Dan does ......even if its 20 mins it all helps. Made hubs stay asleep last nite so i can have a sleep in the afternoons whilst he has father/son time.

Cant remember who was asking about bfast ideas......if u want to save ur b choice try sw rice pud with a yogurt mixed in n fruit. I use to make a batch when making tea.
Leanne how come it was a let down? Hope ur ok x

I posted in anticipation!

Hey girls, hope you are all well.

I had my booking appointment on Saturday. (Now 8 weeks).
I will be seeing a consultant as i had a c-section previously and bmi is over 30 (yawn). I asked the midwife what the consultant does thats different to the midwife, she said nothing its the same thing lol.

I was so happy to see the midwife i had with my daughter, she gave me her number and said to to see her at 16 weeks.

Because i have been having cramps and period pains, they said i should rest loads (but difficult with a 4 year old!)

Ive got scan and bloods on the 9th of Jan, midwife at 16 weeks and a glucose test in April. Also seeing someone about my previous birth and to decide what i want to do this time.

So those of you who see a consultant what happens at the appointments?

xx

Leeanne910 said:
Loads of ppl let me down last min due to cold going around. Then some were no
Shows and got in touch yesterday sayin they had either forgot or got the day confused. Either way those that come had fun with the games I did. I don't think I will organise my own baby shower again. And don't think i will do one for someone else either as I was so tired and done so much preperatuons I made myself feel really unwell!!

Well today I'm 36 weeks I can't beleive it! Doesn't seem 5 mins i posted about getting a faint line! And in a max of 6 weeks I will be holding him. I keep looking in his Moses basket and visulising him sleeping! Gosh I'm so nervous this time round. I feel more scared of labour this time than with my first :,( to the point I don't want it to happen. Too late for that lol.

Have gone from craZy nesting last week to super sloth the last day yesterday I slept loads and I still feel like could sleep more.

Also need help. What can you take
For MEGA constipation? It's been days! Since wed or thu, have only managed a couple of pebbles hahaha sorry for tmi but it's making me miserable and I have drank loads of water and ate loads of fiber and nothing is shifting it!! And I think it's making me sick cuz I feel nausea back!

Jacob has his nativity play today!!! Omg! He is in reception and he is a shepard and has a line and gotta sing
Little donkey!!!! There shall be tears!!!

Lactulose is what i am taking as without it i cant go. It is available over the counter but i would also go to doc and ask him for a prescription to save some money and also dosage advice x at first i took 3 5ml spoons that gave me diarhoea but atleast it cleared my system out and now i take 2 5ml spoons. This is pretty strong stuff and what is given at hospital to women who hav been given large episotomies to make them go and soften their stools x

mia_angel said:
Hey girls, hope you are all well.

I had my booking appointment on Saturday. (Now 8 weeks).
I will be seeing a consultant as i had a c-section previously and bmi is over 30 (yawn). I asked the midwife what the consultant does thats different to the midwife, she said nothing its the same thing lol.

I was so happy to see the midwife i had with my daughter, she gave me her number and said to to see her at 16 weeks.

Because i have been having cramps and period pains, they said i should rest loads (but difficult with a 4 year old!)

Ive got scan and bloods on the 9th of Jan, midwife at 16 weeks and a glucose test in April. Also seeing someone about my previous birth and to decide what i want to do this time.

So those of you who see a consultant what happens at the appointments?

xx

With me i book in and than midwife takes blood pressure and checks urine. I than go back to waiting room and get called by consultant when its my turn. Wit the consultant as my bp and urine are usually fine they dont even mention them. They ask me if i hav any worries i say no so they say ok lets check babys heartbeat and last time they measured my tummy and referred me for a scan. Thats about it, the whole consultant appointment for me lasts around 5 mins and to tel you the truth i find a complete waste of time as the waiting time is definately not 5 mins. And also on my first appointment they put a anastetic risk sticker on my green notes!
since my last appointment i hav had my scan and baby is actualy smal not big so i wil now take what they say with apinch of salt. I have a consultant appointment today where i wil be raising a concern about him being small so lets see her response as she is expecting a big baby x

Hi Safia

I was told i was going to have a big baby, and my daughter was 7pound 9, totally normal. Even the midwife said oh she wasn't a big baby then. Erm just because you are overweight doesn't mean you are going to have a massive baby! I don't pay attention either and think its a waste of time, especially when the midwife said the consultant does the same thing! Good luck with your appointment today x

mia_angel said:
Hi Safia

I was told i was going to have a big baby, and my daughter was 7pound 9, totally normal. Even the midwife said oh she wasn't a big baby then. Erm just because you are overweight doesn't mean you are going to have a massive baby! I don't pay attention either and think its a waste of time, especially when the midwife said the consultant does the same thing! Good luck with your appointment today x

Lol thats what i said too as my first daughter weighed 5lbs12 and was 8 days late and my second daughter was 10 days late and weighed 6lbs12! But atleast i got to see baby again x

oasis6918 said:
Hi becca, how long have you been doing it? I just started back on it, for the last few weeks I've felt so rough with nausea, had a bad evening yest I had a bit of a disaster with tea, and today I went well over my syns, forgot to tell the mother in law I was doing sw again she bought a black forest gatau and she looked gutted when my hubby said he wasn't having any so I couldn't muster up the will power to say no. But I'm determined to be back on track for the next few day, hope to atleast sts on Fri morning weigh in. Just keep at it, if you go off track don't beat yourself up, just try again :) x

I was doing sw for a good few months before findings out i was pregnant, i lost a stone and half and weny from 16 to 14 and felt really comfortable.
Since being preg i finding it hard.at first i had terrible sickness so in a way.had an excuse
I now feel lots better but still find it hard
Feel like i have put quite bit of weight on already,havent weighed myself.
I got my 12 week scan today wahoooooo

Hi mia Angel, I'm also waiting for my first scan and have been labelled high risk due to my csection with my first and my bmi being over 30. I have heard that you get the option of a c section again although how true this is I don't know. Apart from anything else I do on know why I would chose a c section. I'm 11 and a half weeks I just want my scan now :) x

Ah becca that's cool I'm jealous lol I want mine soon. I'm sure you'll get motivated again, I know what it's like when you just have to be in the right frame of mind x

I really want my scan, keep checking the post hoping my letter will arrive soon x

MummyClarke I hope it comes soon, I don't seem to be getting my post which is even more frustrating, but they said I can ring back up in a couple of days to see if I have a date yet :)

Hi,

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have put loads of weight on with my first two as I haven't been able to stop eating! This time I am determined to stick to SW as much as possible and hopefully can be lighter when I have my baby. I think it is tough to stick with whilst pregnant especially in the first trimester as you feel so rough!

Congratulations. I agree, I was so determined to stick to plan from the start, I think I forgot how rough I would feel :(

Back