Pregnancy and Slimming World

Congrats n welcome :) though I hope to be not preg much longer lol

I don't think I'm gonna try the caster oil only as I don't wanna feel awful especially when in labour :( I didn't try it with my first n heard it can be dangerous?

So yesterday I tried curry long walks pineapple raspberry leaf tea stairs bounce on the ball nipple stimulation and accupressure! At one point I thought I had regular mild as in extremly mild cramps starting for like an hour. Then it stopped and didn't progress so it was time to call it a day an head for bed... Think it was my hopeful imagination :(

Soooo today's plan is already had sex, and a nice soak in a radox bath, do my hair n nails. And do some nipple stimulation and sort the house out. I think I might just chill n wait it out now... Nothing works n I don't think my body is slightly ready! Sweep Wednesday i don't think will do a thing so I am thinking I won't get the home birth and I will get horrid hospital intervention :(

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Any thoughts on the dangers of going clubbing, my works Christmas party is tonight an everyone is going chicagos afterwards, I want to go but just not sure if u should?

Well as a rock chic lol when preg with Jacob I went jbs a local rock night club with heavy metal at 8 months preg lol it's ok, it just depends on If security let u in with a bump in case someone hurts u

I'm thinking I'll see how I am after the meal and decide then, Iv cleverly disguised my bump lol xx

Congrats Sophie.

How far gone are you mummy clark? I wouldnt worry about being heavily pregnant and clubbing, you might get tired quicker though but couldnt see any probs for the baby. i'm not into clubbing no more but did play on the wii last time when heavily pregnant - my hubby was worried i would go into labour as i was all over the place playing one of the wii games) - all ok.

i wouldnt want to try the stuff either, mainly because i am a wimp and people said it made them rough. I hope you get the home birth, you are definitely trying everything tho so if it doesnt work for you then am thinking it wont work for anyone. cant believe you are having sex daily, i dont think i had much in the later stages of pregnancy last time, i was huge! lol

What Sparkle said has got to be promising - and 2nd babies should come quicker too so fingers crossed.

does anyone else feel down in pregnancy? i'm 15 weeks on Wednesday and i feel quite low all the time. Nothing like I did with my first. I think i might be suffering pre natal depression but not sure if its worth discussing with the doctor. I dont want to make a mountain out of a molehill and i wouldnt want medication, am not that bad - but just feel down every day.

i think its because of having a toddler already, its hard work. my husband started a new job in august and for the last few weeks has been putting in a lot of extra hours for a deadline next weekend. this meant that take this week gone - i go to work, work hard (there is a lot going on in my job and am really busy), collect my daughter from nursery, feed her, bath her, put her to bed and make dinner for me and my husband. she hasnt been well this week, coughing a lot - made herself sick at tea time with it and keeping us awake at night (so we are both tired and irritable), on top of that she seems to have thrush on her tongue (i took her to docs on wed and yet it doesnt seem to have improved!)

Am going to wales tomorrow for a project go live (that means a 180 mile drive and i need to leave house at 6). I need to tell them i have to leave early on tues as my husband is at some senior meeting with management from the states so would look bad if he wasnt there. which means after another 180 miles on tuesday i am going to have to do the entire bed routine on my own.

wednesday is my day off - but as my daughter isnt any better i booked an appointment for the docs (only had 2 on wed free - 7.40am and 11.20 (i am meeting a couple of friends 10-1 so had to pick the 7.40 one!! no lie in there - not that i get one anyway.

anyway the rest of the week (wed, thurs, fri my husband will be working late - so everything down to me). Sat we are going to his parents for the day (thats 2.5 hour drive each way, he can drive but is scared too so wont share the driving).

Then sunday he has to work again - doesnt normally on a sunday but its for the project go live, i feel like i might as well be a single mum as am doing all of the single mum stuff except cooking an evening meal for two!! i know this is a bit harsh but am feeling really down about it all and i wonder if its unusual for me to feel this down.

i have talked to my husband and said he is doing on average 3 hours extra work a day (before this project - this project he is probs doing 4-5 extra hours from what he used to do often not getting in til 9.30), and that where i need the extra help as i am tired and pregnant am doing everything alone. he said well he cant do anything about it at the moment of work he has is expected in this job. i wouldnt mind but he isnt even on as a good salary as he was before anyway (has more job security though) but i just think this new job was a mistake.

am sorry for moaning, i kind of wanted to explain how i am feeling in the hope that talking about it would make me feel better.

oh and slimming world isnt going great - not when i feel like this, i ate so many chocs haha (least i can laugh about that bit)

(((hug))) geordie_lass21 I suffer from severe depression that got a lot worse in pregnancy so I sympathize, definitely mention it to your midwife sometimes talking about it and having someone listen helps enough to make it bearable. If nothing else it gives them advance warning that you might need a little extra help and support after baby is born. I'm sorry your little one is sick, and that your husband is working extra hours it's really hard when you just feel overwhelmed with everything, I don't have any advice about that except remember that there is always someone in this thread that will be happy to listen if you need it. Hugs Crystal xx

Does anyone else feel ENORMOUS by the end of the day?! I weighed myself at 730 am and then again at 8 pm and I gained 8 lbs!!!

Well fed up went bed at 10pm cuz was so tired. Took an hour to get to sleep, 3 wee trips, n at 4am I couldn't sleep so I have got up now for ovaltine n toast :( I kno I need sleep yet feel wide awake n there is nothing on tv!!!!!!!!!!! What am I meant to do!! :( no housework to do either!!! I feel like going for a walk but oh would kill me if I left the house incase anythin happened to me!

Have no food in to do batch cookin :( we been poor for so long haven't had the luxury :(

And so on day 7 overdue I'm miserable!

I have been up since 4am, can barely walk as my foof or at least what I think is my cervix is constantly hurting me. I have also had 3 breakfasts n for some reason I am hungry every 2-3 hours. :( gonna have a bath n try sleep. Baby needs to get out now :(

Leanne you sound really close, apparently if you go into labour naturally, your body sends you signals to fill up on a lot of food on preparation for labour
Good luck x

Hope so.... Still not been able to sleepthough!! An been sobbing all day for no reason :(

I had that with my last one, would have about 4 hours a week till the end

Hey ladies - Ive not been on in ages and ages, still being going to class to touch base every three weeks. How is everyone doing, not long for some people to go.
I still have 10 weeks left - and trying to make the most of eating healthy after an indulge christmas and NY

L xxx

Hope grumble is ok

Happy Christmas eve!

Well after that dose of lactulose and having runs last night but least I went I had the most refreshing amazing sleep after going :) 10 hours n only woke once for a week and was such a deep sleep! Even baby didn't seem uncomfy!!!! So now I feel great :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 38 weeks preg: 14s 7lb

Hi Leeane,

Was looking for advise on Lactulose, been really bunged up myself the last three days and it's always mentioned as a safe option.

Excuse me asking but how much should I take for a quickish result?,

seems something worked for you thank goodness...

Thanks
Sal

If you read the dosage there is a part that mentions for a laxituve effect... Will have a look when I get a min just resting at mo cuz feel poo xx

Back