Pregnancy and Slimming World

aww hope she's had the baby now.

I just rang midwife centre, and they said it could take a week for results, so if i haven't heard by Monday then take it as im low risk. So more waiting :(

I'm finding out the date for my next scan tomoro - maybe being referred to c consultant rather than midwife though due to family history of diabetes :/

After looking it up i dont think they wil but if i had been 1cm less than they would have had to take action and most probably induced me.

With my first baby who is nearly 8 now! she was small and the fluid was very low I was induced at 38 wks, they kept an eye on me till 38 wks I had lots of scans and then they took me in for induction I was induced every day for a wk and it didn't work so didn't have a postive experience so ended up having a emergency section so from now on I refuse induction just cos it doesn't work on me but have known other mummies who have had babies induced and arrived quickly x

Cas3 said:
With my first baby who is nearly 8 now! she was small and the fluid was very low I was induced at 38 wks, they kept an eye on me till 38 wks I had lots of scans and then they took me in for induction I was induced every day for a wk and it didn't work so didn't have a postive experience so ended up having a emergency section so from now on I refuse induction just cos it doesn't work on me but have known other mummies who have had babies induced and arrived quickly x

I had assumed if ur induced then u had the baby, I wasn't aware u could get induced and that it doesn't start labour off. I suppose its based on fact the ppl I know who were induced had the baby. My mum had her waters broken with her 4th and went into labour when they did that. Couldn't have induction drugs tho as had high blood pressure.

I had to have two doses of the induction tablet in the same morning to get me going, it doesn't always work

I was induced at 9 days over (3 days before my planned induction) as Bella's heartrate was erratic.

I have to say it worked pretty much instantly. I was given the gel about 2pm and started getting back pains along with my contractions within 5 mins.

I ended up being moved to the labour room at 6am the following morning and gave birth at 11.19am. They do say the pains come on more suddenly when induced, and I was in absolute agony by 5am so I had an epidural.

I guess they can work both ways - just depends on your body's reaction

The sonographer told me he was weighing around 5lbs6 but also told me that it might not be accurate. Also when i was looking at the screen he did seem to be a little on the small side but i am not too worried about the sie as my first daughter was born 8 days late weighing 5lbs12 and second daughter was born 10 days late weighing 6lbs12. I am a bit worried about the low fluid around baby.My deepest pocket is coming up at 3cm but i think they only take action when it hits 2cm. I dont mind being induced for babies sake and i have heard how labour is stronger and quicker but my last labour was extremly painful and short at just over 2 hours so i will be prepared. I will be so angry if depending on which consultant is there trys to fob me off and not keep an eye on everything as according to the consultant i saw before the last one i didnt need another scan but my last consultant wasnt happy with me not having one as babys tummy measurements had dropped between scans! Sorry i'm babbling just a bit worried today x

The sonographer told me he was weighing around 5lbs6 but also told me that it might not be accurate. Also when i was looking at the screen he did seem to be a little on the small side but i am not too worried about the sie as my first daughter was born 8 days late weighing 5lbs12 and second daughter was born 10 days late weighing 6lbs12. I am a bit worried about the low fluid around baby.My deepest pocket is coming up at 3cm but i think they only take action when it hits 2cm. I dont mind being induced for babies sake and i have heard how labour is stronger and quicker but my last labour was extremly painful and short at just over 2 hours so i will be prepared. I will be so angry if depending on which consultant is there trys to fob me off and not keep an eye on everything as according to the consultant i saw before the last one i didnt need another scan but my last consultant wasnt happy with me not having one as babys tummy measurements had dropped between scans! Sorry i'm babbling just a bit worried today x

You got every right to be concerned and worried hopfully they will keep an eye on your baby and the fluid level and he will be fine. Congratulations on having a little boy after 2 girls x

Thankyou cas3, it feels so odd shopping for blue this time round. Lol my daughter arent impressed with his clothes as they want to dress him in pink so my husband has brought him a little pink shirt x

Ah must be exciting buying blue we having another girl so we will have 3 girls my 7 yr is very exciting buying lots of pink but I know my oh would of loved a little boy. How old are your daughters x

I have a 3 year old and youngest will be 2 on the 9th of feb. I knew my husband wanted a boy this time even though he couldnt admit it so he is walking around like the king of the jungle now lol. My daughters are bored of waiting now and pull at my belly button thinking they can pull him out lol and tell him to come out!

Tristan Joseph Adams. 8lb 5oz. 19.42pm. 12th january! Little monkey likes drama!! Baby doing well and so is mummy!!

Will update the chaos later didn't get chance for my home birth but it's ok

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Back