Pregnancy and Slimming World

Where did you get the doppler from hun? And would you say its a good thing for someone like me who worries ad panics all the time...what if i couldnt find the heartbeat...

Got if off eBay for £18, it's an angel sounds one, they are good if your patient, as it takes a while to find the baby, mainly just keep finding your own. However if you were going to obsess over it probably not good coz if you couldn't find it you might freak out. Was skeptical as I bought a summer brand one from mothercare last time and it was crap, couldn't even find my own heart. There's lots of good reviews for the angel sounds one of you want to research it. I just got one as I last time I went to hospital twice because of lack of movement, so at least I can check on bubba myself without feeling stupid going in, and I'm sure it will be easier to find bubba heartbeat once they're bigger, lots if room to run away from me at the moment

My midwife told me not up use one as too many people pick up there own heartbeat and think it's baby :-/
I think it'd take the fun out of it for me, not knowing. I got my blood results back to say one in 4553 so I'm low risk so happy about that, glad you got your results too Mia, mine were late as usual. hope your all well x

Yer I can see where people may think they're hearing baby and it's their own, but it's really obvious what the difference is, ones slow and the other is like galloping, I'm not using it instead of midwife just helps on down days, can't wait for hubby to hear little one as well x

That's great oasis, Recovering from a chest infection at the moment, doc gave me antibiotics.

When are going for your next scan, im seeing midwife next month then 20 week scan on the 2nd March. No appointments to see consultant yet.

Mummy Clarke, that's good I'd just be too paranoid that I wasn't doing it right or wondering why I couldn't find the heartbeat :)
Mia, hope you get better soon I have my 20 week scan 2 weeks today, I can't wait so excited. I have been trying my best to follow Sw this week too WI in the morning I hope I have managed to sts if not better, fingers crossed x

Another dreaded weigh in tonight - after gaining 1.5lbs last week and i'm only just about to hit 10weeks :( dreading it and its worse when noone knows i've been eating bags of haribos and the reason why! 10 week scan on Monday though which i just cant wait for - been excited to now but now getting so nervous that maybe there'll be nothing there this time. I'm so dying to get good news.... hmmmmm

I have had one of the angel sound dopplers since about 18 weeks and have never had a problem finding the heartbeat. I have found it so reassuring after having had a miscarriage last June. Just have a wee check in with the baby when I think it's been a bit quiet. But if you are the kind of person who will get really obsessed its maybe not a good idea. :)

Another dreaded weigh in tonight - after gaining 1.5lbs last week and i'm only just about to hit 10weeks :( dreading it and its worse when noone knows i've been eating bags of haribos and the reason why! 10 week scan on Monday though which i just cant wait for - been excited to now but now getting so nervous that maybe there'll be nothing there this time. I'm so dying to get good news.... hmmmmm[

Good luck for your scan im sure everything will be fine, its natural to feel a little bit nervous xx

who is next in line to have bubba?? is it safia next then me??? eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk i remember joining here at 5 weeks n thinking it would never be my turn!!! 38 weeks on saturday!!!

Great news Mia, our area doesnt give the risk like that its just Low or High. I remember thinking when I got it last time as Low what exactly did Low mean? Was it 1 in a 100 or is that high so least you know seeing the numbers you are definitely low risk. :)

I bought an Angel Sounds doppler back in 2009 (from ebay so not new) and the sound quality was always crackily. Once you know where you are looking (at early stages, 16w the heart beat is around your pubic hairline. I think it helped me though as it was nice reassurance all was ok every week or so (or if i wasnt sure).

mummyclarke - great you can feel baby move already, wonder if i will in the next few weeks as they say with ur 2nd u are more likely too.

had my 16w appointment today, glucose in my urine - they arent doing the blood test unless next time i have glucose in my urine at 24 weeks. i tell u what this has given me the kick up the bum to eat a bit healthier haha.

Cas3 - I know how you feel about weigh in, i was the same (and if u see a posted yesterday after gaining another 2lbs this week). Am going to stick to plan if i can and try and lose a pound to a pound and a half by next week.

Hopefully wont be long for you now geordie lass, been feeling flutterings on and off since 12 weeks but nothing definate, till this week, full blown kicks now
Maybe the doppler you had was damaged, mines not crackly at all, but then again it is new not used, might deteriate throughout its life

Gettin excited for my next scan, but just seems ages away

Put on 3lb this week at weigh in (oops) ill try better this week, so put on 6lb so far, not good

who is next in line to have bubba?? is it safia next then me??? eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk i remember joining here at 5 weeks n thinking it would never be my turn!!! 38 weeks on saturday!!!

Yep its me next but if baby follows his sisters trend than quite possibly you could have baby before me if your baby is on time x I am estimating a 10th of feb baby and not the 2nd of feb baby xxx

Hi ladies, its so great to hear your stories & leanne, if you read this, I was on the edge of my seat reading your posts, so glad I read them in bulk & not as they came, im so impatient lol. Congratulations on your son & love his name.

Im so enviouse of you ladies that are in your early pregnancys & struggaling with cravings and still sticking to plan. I couldnt do it and I remember being so very very hungry and all I wanted & still want is bread. Its only in the last 3 weeks that iv been able to get back on plan & stick to it, but its so hard at times. I dont know if its becouse im 32 weeks pregnant or just greedy lol.

Iv got my 32 week growth scan on Wednesday & there also checking to see if my placenta is over the birth canal, as at my 20 week scan the sonographer wasnt 100% sure it was was clear, so I guess ill find out if I have to have a section or not and im realy struggaling with this thought.

Hi fairy n thx :) I'm usually good with updating ppl lol cuurrnt update... Baby feeding!! Me sleepy!!

Good luck for ur scan it may have moved u had low lying placenta at 20 weeks n by 35 weeks it moved out the way but meant I couldn't relax till the scan xx

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Hi fairy, with my first child I had the placenta covering my birth canal at 20 weeks but at 36 it was well clear, I still ended up having a c section but for different reasons.
Weighed this morning I'm pleased I have lost 2lb this week. So total weight gain in 8 weeks is 8lbs hoping to lose a couple more before my body decides its keeping it all for baby but I'm not going to get too hung up on it though xx

Morning everyone, hope everyone is ok.

I'm finally back on plan and finding it easy(ish), had a good couple of days and feel so much better for it.

I'm now 25 weeks and can feel every movement baby makes, which is amazing, just cant wait for oh to be able to feel it too. Feels like baby is kicking me so hard but he still cant feel it.

Arranged my maternity leave with work this week, going to take all holiday before so only 10 weeks left at work now. And planning on taking a whole year off, hopefully more if I can survive with money. I'm a mobile hairdresser too, doing hair when not in the office, so hoping to build my business and work for myself.

Sophie x

Sounds great Sophie, I did the same with my daughter, took 6 weeks off work and started mat leave the Mon I was due. With weekends and her bring late I actually had 8 weeks til she was born. This year am taking time off 4 weeks early as will use some holidays before due in July.

Leeanne, what happened with your home birth? I don't think u posted it. I know u went into labour and midwife came out but how come u ended going to hospital?

hi girls im 19w today and i have already sorted my date to leave work as i cnt wait ha.i wanted to take all my hols before due so dont have to start maternity leave till day before was due,bit my boss refusing. i am hairdresser and as hols in my salin we can oNly ever take two weeks at a time so she only letting me use two weeks hols before i due so now i gta start my materNity two weeks before due and just use twi weeks hols Bfore that.not happy but dont thiNk therr anythin i can do.
does anyone get 5.6weeks hols and then have to take there bank hols out of that ?

thats how ours work and xmas this year the girls in thw salon want all xmas week off so the salon shut and they takin hols.now i am off on maternity anyway but she is makin me use a weeks hol fir xmas week qhen i Not even in.
she said she can do this coz i still classed as working
sorry to be sooo confusing But if ayone can help that would be great

Back