Pregnancy and Slimming World

beccaharrison89 said:
thats how ours work and xmas this year the girls in thw salon want all xmas week off so the salon shut and they takin hols.now i am off on maternity anyway but she is makin me use a weeks hol fir xmas week qhen i Not even in
They can't do that, print off the advise on direct gov & show them! (about having to use your a/l for Christmas)

Last edited:
leanerandlighter said:
Maternity leave is not a holiday you are still employed during that time and your holiday accrues as normal

would you say my empoyer ok to do this then hun ?
just that part of me thinks she right but wanted to check it out with others

I got this off direct gov hope this helps-
Holiday entitlement

You build up all your entitlements to paid holiday through all of your Statutory Maternity Leave. This is even if your employment contract says you are entitled to more than the statutory minimum.
You can add holiday to the beginning or end of your Statutory Maternity Leave. You may not be able to carry over untaken holiday entitlement if your Statutory Maternity Leave goes over two holiday years. It is often best to take this at the beginning of your Statutory Maternity Leave.

beccaharrison89 said:
would you say my empoyer ok to do this then hun ?
just that part of me thinks she right but wanted to check it out with others

To be honest I am not sure because I do have it in my contract that I am not allowed to take more than two weeks at a time and an employer can refuse a holiday request if it is s busy time etc. I would get some advice from an employment lawyer. The initial phone call is usually free.

Anyone here had their wisdom tooth out while pregnant? I have one of my bottom ones to come out on Tuesday and wetting myself, although I wasn't bothered having my top 2 out so I don't know why this one has got me stressed.
Just was after some advice on people's experiences.......thanks x

U accrue holidays in maternity leave and can take them before or after. U don't take bank holidays during maternity leave, they either pay them in advance or add them to the total.

I think u have to start ur mat leave the Sunday (or Mon if Closed on sun) of the week ur due. If u have the baby early ur mat leave starts then.

It might be ur manager just doesn't understand so explain that u checked direct.gov and u accrue hols whilst on mat leave.

For example me for this year I get 31.5 days hol including bank hol. I am due Wed July 4th. Will start Mat leave on 2nd July.
Will use 6 days on bank hols (New year, Easter, May day and 2 in June), 5 for hol in April. 3 random days in march and May and then take Tue test upfront. I work 4 days a week so the 16/17 days mean I take a month off.

I am taking a year off, so when I return in July I will have another 30.5 days hol to use from July to Dec.

Does that make sense?

I havent had my wisdom teeth as mine strangely came in without issue. I am am guessing it will hurt as ur teeth are more sensitive now and gums are more swollen. Do u need to have it done or can u postpone til after birth?

oasis6918 said:
Anyone here had their wisdom tooth out while pregnant? I have one of my bottom ones to come out on Tuesday and wetting myself, although I wasn't bothered having my top 2 out so I don't know why this one has got me stressed.
Just was after some advice on people's experiences.......thanks x

hiya sorry to gatecrash, I'm not pregnant but love to hear everyone's stories on here anyway I had a wisdom tooth out when I was pregnant with my second & to be honest it didnt feel/hurt any different than others I just found I was more emotional/nervous than I would be usually, you'll be fine
HTH
x x x

Well it's been coming through for about 8 years but it can't get through as there's no room so it just hurts now and again but not even enough for any painkillers, but the last few weeks I've had a lot of pain and an abcess, so the dentist has recommended I have it out now, there's no risk to baby at all. I just don't really want to end up having to have it out at the end of my pregnancy when I'll be suffering with my SPD x

geordie_lass21 said:
U accrue holidays in maternity leave and can take them before or after. U don't take bank holidays during maternity leave, they either pay them in advance or add them to the total.

I think u have to start ur mat leave the Sunday (or Mon if Closed on sun) of the week ur due. If u have the baby early ur mat leave starts then.

It might be ur manager just doesn't understand so explain that u checked direct.gov and u accrue hols whilst on mat leave.

For example me for this year I get 31.5 days hol including bank hol. I am due Wed July 4th. Will start Mat leave on 2nd July.
Will use 6 days on bank hols (New year, Easter, May day and 2 in June), 5 for hol in April. 3 random days in march and May and then take Tue test upfront. I work 4 days a week so the 16/17 days mean I take a month off.

I am taking a year off, so when I return in July I will have another 30.5 days hol to use from July to Dec.

Does that make sense?

thanks very much for explainin hun.you thiNk if i go the cab they will put it all in writing for me to take to work as my boss dont listen

Anyone else realy struggaling at the minuate? I know every one whos on a weight loss plan has good days and bad days, but iv realy struggled to stay on plan since friday.

Normaly, when im having a bad day, its just that, a day, iv never had 3 bad days in a row, also my normal pattern dictates that bad days are at the beginning of my diet week, not so close to weigh in. IM constantly hungry and when I eat I dont feel satisfied. Today we went to MIL for dinner and after eating it I was quite full, but 45 minuates later I found myself raididng mums leftover meat or i would have devoured the full box of biscuits on the table.

Also my craving for bread is killing me, I always struggle when starting a new diet with the bread, but find that after a week or 2 im fine, take it or leave it, but not now

I have 4 cream eggs and 3 scones since 4pm so u could say am struggling too. Oh well

I have 4 cream eggs and 3 scones since 4pm so u could say am struggling too. Oh well

Oh god, your me...Iv not stopped thinking about cream eggs since I saw them advertised on tv yesterday and iv had plans to make SW scones for the last 3 days as well but as there my absolute favourate I wouldnt just have 1. My dad some how thinks that freezing the rest will stop me :p

Leeanne910 said:
Mmmmm cream eggs mmmmmm

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

No ... Haribo gold bears by the bag full....

Mmmm gummy bears too!! <3

Hope all you bumps r well!!

Missing my bump :( even tho love my TJ!

Been havin a hard tine breastfeeding but it's getting there!!

Attachments

• image-1688347404.jpg
    image-1688347404.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 72
Leeanne910 said:
Mmmm gummy bears too!! <3

Hope all you bumps r well!!

Missing my bump :( even tho love my TJ!

Been havin a hard tine breastfeeding but it's getting there!!

I've my 10week scan today .... Feel sick with nerves .... Just don't feel any wee cramps r anything this week :0/

Tj is gorgeous... That's a beautiful photo of him... I'd love to breast feed - so much respect for u persevering with it - go u :0) x

Wow Leanne Tristan is so beautiful
Keep going with breastfeeding, the first month is so hard, but trust me it does getter better. After many nights crying while feeding her through the pain, everything settled down and was really easy, don't be afraid to supplement with a bottle of formula once in a while to give you a break xx

Back