Pregnancy and Slimming World

Girls just to let you know that I'm now 32+2, in the last 10 days my appetite has really calmed down after 30 weeks of insanity! I felt like a bottomless pit some days! Just make sure you plan your meals a couple of days out and do the necessary shopping so you don't raid the cupboards looking for a quick fix when the munchies do strike!

anabanana..im 32+5 and constantly starving, iv been like this for about 3/4 days, nothing satisfied me, I fell completly off track yesterday, but im drawing a line under it today & trying again today. Iv scheduled my meals for today & if nessessary will syn some bread in. Thats all I want, ham salad buttys & iv been so transfixed on getting my cravings for bread out of the way that I think its hindered me.

Well today's the day I get my tooth out, had bran flakes for breakfast so hea and b, I've bought 2 lean ham and coleslaw sandwiches on weight watcher bread to eat before dentist as tooth coming out just before lunchtime. So he for one sandwich, 6 syns for my coleslaw, tea I think I'm going to have cheesy pasta using laughing cow and some stock. Hope to try and stay on plan today as much as possible :)

ohhh hunny, tooth out, rather you than me, dentists terrify me, always have. \oh has to come with me & hold hand, before OH I used to make my dad book a day off work...im such a wimp. Let us know how you get on...

Bless, I'Ve had 3 teeth out before 2 of them my top wisdom teeth but never a bottom, dentists don't usually bother me but I've only really know one and he's young (I'd say 30's) and is dead smiley and bubbley so I think he automatically put's you at ease but today I'm seeing another dentist at my practice as he's got much more experience in extracting bottom wisdom teeth and he looks like a dentist - nice and scary....but I'll let you all know how I get on, prob stressing over nothing, but we'll see x

Trying so hard today, had two slices of toast with an extra light cheese triangle on each for brekkie and a whole pot of apple and mango onken yoghurt
It's only 12 though and I'm starving, why are all the things with syns so tempting

Hi girls hope you dont mind me jumping in and joining you ..i have just been for my scan and was made to feel like the most useless fat lump living ..she kept making referances to my weight and how difficult the scan was ect.. Im 19 +1 and so far have only gained 1 pound ... I am a big girl and have been with all my others too ...i lost three stone on slimmingworld last year and have had some time off ..im 5 stone lighter than my heaviest weight but after today i know i need to get back on plan ...I feel bloody humiliated and have to go for another scan in three weeks hopefully by then baby will be big enough to see through my mounds of fat ..

will slimming world classes take me on whilst im pregnant ? i know you can stay if your already there but can you rejoin.

Hope your all doing well on your plans and i look forward to joining you guys

sweetchant1lly said:
Hi girls hope you dont mind me jumping in and joining you ..i have just been for my scan and was made to feel like the most useless fat lump living ..she kept making referances to my weight and how difficult the scan was ect.. Im 19 +1 and so far have only gained 1 pound ... I am a big girl and have been with all my others too ...i lost three stone on slimmingworld last year and have had some time off ..im 5 stone lighter than my heaviest weight but after today i know i need to get back on plan ...I feel bloody humiliated and have to go for another scan in three weeks hopefully by then baby will be big enough to see through my mounds of fat ..

will slimming world classes take me on whilst im pregnant ? i know you can stay if your already there but can you rejoin.

Hope your all doing well on your plans and i look forward to joining you guys

Sorry for your experience, I have my scan in 2 weeks and I'm terrified they will say something about my weight, my 12 scan had I was too overweight as well

Can I ask how much you weigh or your bmi? X

sweetchant1lly said:

Hope your all doing well on your plans and i look forward to joining you gu/QUOTE]

Firstly welcome, everyone here is really friendly. I don't think it's very nice all how they treated you at your scan, I have heard that if your bigger it can make the scan harder but by now it shouldn't be so bad but even so if they have to explain to you why there having difficulty I'm sure they can do it go a way not so make you feel so bad. Some classes will take you while pregnant if your midwife signs the forms but I think each consultant is different. Good luck x

Sorry for your experience, I have my scan in 2 weeks and I'm terrified they will say something about my weight, my 12 scan had I was too overweight as well

Can I ask how much you weigh or your bmi? X
my bmi is 40 hun so i know im big but i was big at other scans too and they never made me feel so bad

Firstly welcome, everyone here is really friendly. I don't think it's very nice all how they treated you at your scan, I have heard that if your bigger it can make the scan harder but by now it shouldn't be so bad but even so if they have to explain to you why there having difficulty I'm sure they can do it go a way not so make you feel so bad. Some classes will take you while pregnant if your midwife signs the forms but I think each consultant is different. Good luck x[/QUOTE]

thanks for the welcome hun ..i have just had a text from my old consultant and she says come back tomorrow thats fine ..so looks like im heading to rejoin tomoz evening

Well been to dentist really don't know what I was worried about, I'm still so numb but I can feel the numbness starting to ease, I'm trying not to drool and drinking from a straw lol but glad it's over with now x

Hi hun and welcome on board. Most consultant take new members when there pregnant. I wanted to rejoin in the beginning of jan and looked on line for my nearest group. The C number was on there so I dropped her a txt explaining I was expecting and was I ok to come back, she said yes. Im no good with group and prefer to go solo with minimins for my support group so I diddnt stay many weeks, but she was getting me a form that my mindwife had to sign to say she was ok with it, also, from what I read in the leaflet she gave me, the form would have to be re-signed everytime I saw my mindwife.

As for your scan woman, quite frankly I think shes bloody rude and too quick to judge, it wouldnt do for us all to be the same. Maybe she was having difficulties as mine did, but this can be explained in a morfe friendly manner than making you feel bad as this isnt going to do you or the baby any good. LIke I said, my scan woman struggled abit as I have a large apron from previouse weight loss, but she explained it without being rude.

hiya and thanks fairy .. i kinda have the same prob as you in being my belly is a bit apron fied probs from losing gaining losing gaining so many times ..and the previous four pregnancys and two c sections probs didnt help. I will check it out with my consultant tomorrow and i have a consultant appointment the following week so hopefully he will sign it .

well done on your weightloss so far hun

Well been to dentist really don't know what I was worried about, I'm still so numb but I can feel the numbness starting to ease, I'm trying not to drool and drinking from a straw lol but glad it's over with now x
glad your appointment went ok hun..hope it doesnt feel to sore later

While 40 is obviously classed as high, it isn't high enough for them to be so rude, with the weight I have gained in pregnancy I think mine is around 33 now.
Welcome anyway, and even if you don't go to class there will be lots of support on here to help you x

My bmi is 38 and although it says I'm obese I think that a ridiculous thought that I'm obese so I ignore that label totally. I know I want to lose a few lb's but it's for me, I don't think I need to lose weight, so don't let her get you down. She doesn't need to be so rude, I'm under consultant care and neither them or my midwife has had anything to say about my weight, they just go on can't my c section x

How rude and disgusting! My bmi is 32 and when I had my epidural the man said something bought being obese I said I'm classed as obese my bmi is 32 he lifted the blanket and he said no... I wouldn't class you as obese, far from it. I did feel good - apart from the contractions lol

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current at 40 weeks preg: 14s 13lb

Exactly it's all relative, it doesn't take into account natural build or muscle tone, you should be proud of the weight you've lost, I just hate it how one comment can ruin your mood and demean any achievement you have accomplished x

I kno i'm not preg any more but I love the atmosphere of this thred n can't leave lol

I lost 2lb this week so I'm 1lb less than the day I found out I was expecting!! So on plan today! :) let's get off my flubber!!

47lbs to go!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb After pregnancy: 14s 0lb Current weight: 13s 12lb To target: 47lbs

Back