Pregnancy and Slimming World

mummyClark said:
Oh and just weighed in and stayed the same, so 5 pounds gain for me in total at 18 weeks. Really need to etch what I'm eating more, pretty chuffed though after the disaster that was yesterday. Other half was naughty and cane home with a huge 15" pizza each, was yummy, but definitely sabotaging the plan x

that's good, anything is better than a gain, I have put on 8 lb so far, after losing 2lb last week so I hope to lose again tomorrow. I'd love a pizza right now, but I'm having a syn free tea to give me a good start for wi tomorrow morn x

Cas3 said:
I know what you meant you just wanted to give your baby the best start in life its not easy bf so you should be proud I can't keep up with all the studies they do and I use to work with babies.

Well done with sts im struggling at moment in last 2 wks ive gained 3lb I know its not bad as im 29 wks but really don't want to start balloning up as ive done quite well till now.

Pizza sounds yum x

3lb at 29 weeks is fab, it'll soon come off after baby is here x

Yer u was planning a nice free meal last night, but who can resist a scrummy pizza, it was beautiful lol
Hoping to try harder to get on plan this week, just gotta stay positive after set backs x

It's harder when your pregnant I think as well as I find I get very dizzy quickly and feel sick if I'm hungry so I stress and shove stuff in my mouth. I also don't want to feel like I'm depriving my body of an extra treat while I'm pregnant x

It's harder when your pregnant I think as well as I find I get very dizzy quickly and feel sick if I'm hungry so I stress and shove stuff in my mouth. I also don't want to feel like I'm depriving my body of an extra treat while I'm pregnant x

I'm excately the same I find im like that when my blood pressure is low im raiding the fridge for chocolate or sugary drinks. I just don't want to feel huge after birth like last time x

I just cram anything chocolate or biscuits when I'm like that. Before I got pregnant with my first I was the biggest I'd ever been by miles, and I pigged out a lot because I thought it was ok cos I was pregnant, I put on over 3 stone which I was upset about afterwards when I had Jack and the reality of the weight gain hit me. So I'm determined to do my best not to put too much on this time, but it's hard work x

Your doing well this time then, with my 1st baby I lost alot of weight without trying during the pregnancy and kept it off for about 3 yrs but it gradually crept back on and more of it. With my lo I gained 3 stone too just by eating take aways and treats etc I really thought the weight would fall of after pregnancy but it doesn't happen like that and I found my section went better the first time the recovery was alot quicker. I have found having a active toddler running around all day as also helped to keep weight gain low x

Yeah I think that's helping me a lot and I also had a section the first time so and I couldn't exercise for 3 months as part of my wound stayed open for 11 weeks after surgery....really put things into perspective but if you manage to keep a lot of it off like you have you'll be feeling great When baby born x

You having a section again? I got to have another one I will say my second section scar seemed twice as big due to bigger baby and took longer to heal, the good thing with this baby is at least I be going in at 39 wks won't have to wait till 42 wks. It was the last mth where I piled on alot of weight it makes you feel so down afterwards. 11 wks sounds long for your scar to be open if we keep up the hard work it difinately be worth it afterwards I still do have treats over weekend and try to be good during the weeks days x

Yeah same here, I have a couple chocolate bar's on a Fri after wi and whatever for tea but I try not to go ott. I'm not having another section - that I know of. The problem with my scar last time is that it just didn't want to heal, about 2 cm of it stayed open and as it was staying really clean they didn't want to do anything but wait, they said going in might cause more damage but I was gettin so frustrated, I can't help but think if I'd watched my weight it wouldn't have been so bad. How come your having a section? x

Well done oasis that's fab

So not impressed just woke up drenched in breast milk, was hoping that wasn't gonna start till later on

Yeah same here, I have a couple chocolate bar's on a Fri after wi and whatever for tea but I try not to go ott. I'm not having another section - that I know of. The problem with my scar last time is that it just didn't want to heal, about 2 cm of it stayed open and as it was staying really clean they didn't want to do anything but wait, they said going in might cause more damage but I was gettin so frustrated, I can't help but think if I'd watched my weight it wouldn't have been so bad. How come your having a section? x

It might of been a good thing you didn't go back in hospital as my scar got infected with mrsa while being there after my 1st.
The reason why im having another section is cos ive already had 2 I know some consultants like you to try vbac but cos my scar was big I was told after birth any more babies I need sections. I did try last time for natural birth went over 42 wks and induction doesn't work on me so hope you get the birth you want.

OMG 3lb is a great loss really happy for you x

I hope so, they said they've just got to monitor me closely as soon as I hit 3cm.
I hope you don't get Mrsa again how awful.
And thanks, i'm so happy.
My treat tonight I think is going to be a stir fry but with a sauce of my choice, lots of onions, peppers and rice. I've got a chocolate bar for this afternoon also, I don't want to go too overboard x

Last time they said that to me any signs of labour I would need to go in and have a drip put in and monitor me closely. I didn't get mrsa last time but I keep getting swapped for it just to cover themselves.
If you do have natural birth you shouldn't be in hospital for to long its so hard being in hospital when you already have toddler to look after don't know how my oh is going cope on his own!

You done so well, I have to say if I eat stir frys for dinner I always have a good loss that wk and walking really helps too x

mummyClark said:
Well done oasis that's fab

So not impressed just woke up drenched in breast milk, was hoping that wasn't gonna start till later on

Jealous. I couldnt make enough milk to sustain my last child. Had to throw in the towel after 6 weeks of only being able to produce about 6 oz a day. :-( Hope to make lots this time!!! I heard that the second time around is better...

MommyNOriana said:
Jealous. I couldnt make enough milk to sustain my last child. Had to throw in the towel after 6 weeks of only being able to produce about 6 oz a day. :-( Hope to make lots this time!!! I heard that the second time around is better...

I didn't have any problems with my first and was always leaking in the night, just can't believe in leaking before I'm even half way, I thought at first it was sweat or something but my arm was all sticky and I was even able to hand express some out
I'm sure you should be fine this time, plus you know what to expect, could you not do combination feeding? X

Back