Pregnancy and Slimming World

Still I bet 9 weeks will fly by, I think the scary thing for me was that it was an emergency section so they put me to sleep, if they say I have to have c section and I can stay awake I prob won't be as worried. You'll be fine I'm sure x

With my first my placenta was low, and i had to argue with them to give me a scan to check it. (Even though the sonogropher said i should have one) I was overdue and had to be induced, once at home and then twice in hospital..was horrible and didn't work. Was put in a ward where i could hear women giving birth downstairs screaming their heads off, then the woman next to me starts having painful contractions but there is no room on the labour ward so they cant take her down for pain relief..and they wouldnt let her husband come in as it was after 8pm (which i thought was terrible). Around 1am my placenta abrupted, i was rushed down to labour ward, they broke my waters which triggered off very painful contractions....i was given pethidine until i could have the epidural..baby got distressed which resulted in an emergency c section. By then i had my limit of epidural and began to feel what they were doing, not pain just tugging.

All this put together has really put me off going for a natural labour this time, if i have to then fair enough i may not get to choose c section and i havent decided for sure yet. Basically im petrified and would rather have it booked and baby out so i know whats happening. Whether it happens this way, i dont know.

Still I bet 9 weeks will fly by, I think the scary thing for me was that it was an emergency section so they put me to sleep, if they say I have to have c section and I can stay awake I prob won't be as worried. You'll be fine I'm sure x
Why did they put you to sleep hun? x

It was an emergency section my waters had broke 36 hours before, I was only 6 cm and baby wouldn't stay still so they couldn't monitor him, they had the wires hooked into his head while he was inside me, and took blood from his head while he was still inside but they couldn't monitor him and looked like he was in trouble. So they rushed me to theatre and didn't have time for the drugs to kick in even though I'd had an epidural so they had to put me to sleep. This time I think I'll try without the epidural this time x

It sounds like you had a bad time mia I didn't enjoy being induced either im sure your get a section if thats what you want. You do feel the tugging but that doesn't bother me so much as its over so quickly its feeling sick, dizzyness that worrys me and being dehydrated.

Oasis it must been awful being put to asleep as you kind of missed the birth I been awake both times for mine x Im hoping those 9 wks don't go to quick x

At the time I wasn't worried because I really only had a few seconds to understand what was happening but now it's scary knowing what I missed and knowing what could have happened x

Its so scary what we have to go through.....they took blood samples from my daughter too while she was inside, consultant couldnt do it so he asked the nurse.

Think i was there on a bad day....after the c section i had no help, no one spoke to me about anything. I had to keep buzzing them to give me the baby and put her back, which they didnt seem happy about but i couldnt move! Midwife would come over, not say a word take the baby feed her and bring her back....Thats what i hated about c section.

I asked to pay for a private room, so my husband could stay overnight and help but there werent any rooms available.

It was an emergency section my waters had broke 36 hours before, I was only 6 cm and baby wouldn't stay still so they couldn't monitor him, they had the wires hooked into his head while he was inside me, and took blood from his head while he was still inside but they couldn't monitor him and looked like he was in trouble. So they rushed me to theatre and didn't have time for the drugs to kick in even though I'd had an epidural so they had to put me to sleep. This time I think I'll try without the epidural this time x

Ah sorry you had such a bad time, hope you have a much better birth with your baby girl x

Mrss2010- hope baby arrives soon x

Hey everyone thanks for your messages x
Me and baby came home yesterday and he is fine apart from some colic as i am bottle feeding him. I was so unprepared for him to come on time that everything was such a shock and this labour was a lot worse than the last for me. The midwife i had was ok until the end where she went a bit mental andwas telling me to push when i had no contraction as baby was only half way out which i know can take a couple of pushes! Also apparently my placenta was not coming out quick enough so she was tugging it out and it didnt feel so nice! Worst of all i feel butchered down there as she was rough and she gave me stitches for my 2nd degree tear without numbing me and i felt everything and felt bad as i was screaming into my babys ears as she wouldnt let my husband hold him!
Apart from that iam madly in love with my son and feel the pain is so worth it for him. My daughters are still with my parents thankfully because right now i am stuggling with handling his colic at night. I have some medicine for him but it doesnt seem to be working yet.
I am taking a break from sw until i have fully recovered from my labour but so far i have been ok with my food anyway as i just feel really thirsty and just been having loads of water x

Safia said:
Me and baby came home yesterday and he is fine apart from some colic as i am bottle feeding him. I was so unprepared for him to come on time that everything was such a shock and this labour was a lot worse than the last for me. The midwife i had was ok until the end where she went a bit mental andwas telling me to push when i had no contraction as baby was only half way out which i know can take a couple of pushes! Also apparently my placenta was not coming out quick enough so she was tugging it out and it didnt feel so nice! Worst of all i feel butchered down there as she was rough and she gave me stitches for my 2nd degree tear without numbing me and i felt everything and felt bad as i was screaming into my babys ears as she wouldnt let my husband hold him!
Apart from that iam madly in love with my son and feel the pain is so worth it for him. My daughters are still with my parents thankfully because right now i am stuggling with handling his colic at night. I have some medicine for him but it doesnt seem to be working yet.
I am taking a break from sw until i have fully recovered from my labour but so far i have been ok with my food anyway as i just feel really thirsty and just been having loads of water x[/QUOTE

Congratulations, your midwife didn't sound very comforting, why wouldn't she let your husband hold him? What have you named the little fella? Glad your doing okay, Sw is prob last thing on your mind right now :) x

We are still deciding on a name yet, my husband is so picky! The midwife wouldnt let him hold baby because the more skin to skin you have with baby it meant to help the placenta come out quicker but i didnt feel comfortable holding him which she forcing me to push the placenta out and than pulling it out herself. She also made me hold him while she stitching me up without numbing me the silly cow. But i am glad its over and i now home. Just need to tackle the colic now x

Congrats Safia, i think you should complain..she sounds awful! They dont realise how their behaviour has a long lasting effect on you, which is why i was too scared to get pregnant again. Take care and try and rest as much as you can x

Safia said:
I am taking a break from sw until i have fully recovered from my labour but so far i have been ok with my food anyway as i just feel really thirsty and just been having loads of water x

Complain for sure. She is in the wrong job.

Back