Pregnancy and Slimming World

5 Hea's?! that's immense! but saying that, on Bfeeding i ate like a DEMON!! haha!

does anyone have the pregnancy leaflet they could possibly scan/email me?

Woodsylou said:
5 Hea's?! that's immense! but saying that, on Bfeeding i ate like a DEMON!! haha!

Imaging you had skimmed milk at 375ml a portion you be drinking so much!

My mum told me that back in the day when she was breastfeeding me midwifes would recommend a mars bar and a pint of Guinness!

X x x

Woodsylou said:
does anyone have the pregnancy leaflet they could possibly scan/email me?

I don't have a scanner but if noone else can help I can go to my mums and do it for you

X x x

Woodsylou said:
How did you find Physio? i've heard mixed reviews on whether it helps or can make it worse.
how was your labour with spd? i didn't 'think' i had it first time, but labour the pain in my hip was just awful, worse than the labour!! but i was in stirups! won't be making that mistake this time!

great loss so far! well done!!! how do you find time to cook? that's what i am struggling with!

It didn't help me at all to be honest they only have me two sessions, for a few weeks til the end I could only stay in bed a maximum of 4 hours, waking up every 30 mins needing to try turn over, I couldn't get in and out of bed, had to use my crutches just in help me to toilet. It was crazy what I went through looking back but I didn't complain just got on with it, but hasn't stopped me doing it again lol. I have no idea where I'm finding the time to cook, but makin stir fry's which are very quick to make, and on a weekend I make a chilli and maybe pasta dish, spaghetti Bol to split and freeze a few portions, usually enough that lasts a couple of weeks so It's not too bad x

I'd love the breastfeeding info too please! Doing ok on sw, still gaining but bubs is growing, and am in the healthy gain range (just!). Trying to cut out sugar...

Thanks so much MissSlinky. I wouldn't normally ask but i just cant get to a meeting :( my MW recommended Guiness too!! full of iron! haha! i've never been more thirsty than when i was bfeeding!!

Oasis6918 - that sounds awful poor you :( i don't think i'll bother with physio, straight to the other lady if it gets bad. it's hard this time as obviously my daughter is only 9 months and not walking, so i have to lift her alot. it's putting a lot of strain on things! nowt i can do about it mind you!!

Woodsylou said:
How did you find Physio? i've heard mixed reviews on whether it helps or can make it worse.
how was your labour with spd? i didn't 'think' i had it first time, but labour the pain in my hip was just awful, worse than the labour!! but i was in stirups! won't be making that mistake this time!

great loss so far! well done!!! how do you find time to cook? that's what i am struggling with!

It didn't help me at all to be honest they only have me two sessions, for a few weeks til the end I could only stay in bed a maximum of 4 hours, waking up every 30 mins needing to try turn over, I couldn't get in and out of bed, had to use my crutches just in help me to toilet. It was crazy what I went through looking back but I didn't complain just got on with it, but hasn't stopped me doing it again lol. I have no idea where I'm finding the time to cook, but makin stir fry's which are very quick to make, and on a weekend I make a chilli and maybe pasta dish, spaghetti Bol to split and freeze a few portions, usually enough that lasts a couple of weeks so It's not too bad x

Morning all
Hello to the new mums to be :D

Well I got my glucose tolerance tests back and all is fine ...so, so far -so good :happy036:
Hubby has had to postpone his course in Scotland as the weather here is :winter_brr: and even though the 6" of snow is slowly thawing its is really bad on the roads -plus the course was for machinery on a construction site so it would be pretty bad going.

Anyway I have got my cooking head on so we now have :-
  • 9 servings of 12 speed stew in the freezer
  • 9 servings corned beef hash in the freezer (one of hubbies faves)
  • I have a mahoosive pan of breast of lamb stew on the go (my fave and should make about 9 portions for the freezer)
  • and I have a huge slowcooker of goan pork on the go too
I do love batch cooking and it now means we have plenty of tasty healthy SW friendly meals stashed for my "can't be bothered" days :p -although I want to get a good batch of chili and bolognaise done tomorrow too -hubby is just about to have the last portion of chili from the freezer. Gawd knows what I will be like before I go to have Charlie bump :p.Hubby keeps pointing out that he will be home and can manage a few dishes but I love cooking and can't settle if someone else is in my kitchen :silly:.
We are really lucky as we were posted back into the UK in December and hubby is doing his last 6 months (he has done 27 years mind) -but he just had to report into a unit and then he doesn't have to work -he finishes his 27 years at the end of June and is paid by the army until then -so not only is he home now but he can't take a job until the begining of July or there abouts -so he will get at least 10 weeks at home with me n Charlie bump ;)-Im sure its gonna make life a whole lot easier all round - we have waited 9 years for this little bundle, so Im just thrilled that he will get plenty of time to spend with the littlie.
Right enough prattling -hope everyone is well and getting plenty of rest (Im off to spread out on the sofa :p)

Morning girlys ..after my 2lb gain last week i have been a bit haywire on plan this week ... today im back with a vengence my pregnancy belly dancing dvd has turned up so will have a pop at that hopefully later today.. I was a bit peeved that my consultant still hasnt given me the pregnancy book so i still am unsure if i need any extra healthy extras ...

Hopefully she will remember this week .... How are all your plans going and how is everyone feeling after the weekend ..all good i hope xx

sweetchant1lly said:
Morning girlys ..after my 2lb gain last week i have been a bit haywire on plan this week ... today im back with a vengence my pregnancy belly dancing dvd has turned up so will have a pop at that hopefully later today.. I was a bit peeved that my consultant still hasnt given me the pregnancy book so i still am unsure if i need any extra healthy extras ...

Hopefully she will remember this week .... How are all your plans going and how is everyone feeling after the weekend ..all good i hope xx

You will need them hun, we all do its because we need the extra fibre for the vitamins and to keep us going to the loo lol and the extra calcium for you and for babys growing bones, she should have told you that straight away - its only a leaflet not a bible so she should have told you verbally. It will also tell you on the sw website :)

X x x

my bathroom scales need new battery so got my wii fit board out to weigh myself bearing in mind i hvent eaten yet today.
last time i weighed myself the other week i had put on 9lbs ,i havw jut weighed myself on the wii and it now saying i have put a stone on:(
i am gutted as i didnt want to put huge amounts on and i a worriwd that the further i gey into pregnancy the more ill put on
i am trying some days to stick to sw but other days finding it so hard

beccaharrison89 said:
my bathroom scales need new battery so got my wii fit board out to weigh myself bearing in mind i hvent eaten yet today.
last time i weighed myself the other week i had put on 9lbs ,i havw jut weighed myself on the wii and it now saying i have put a stone on:(
i am gutted as i didnt want to put huge amounts on and i a worriwd that the further i gey into pregnancy the more ill put on
i am trying some days to stick to sw but other days finding it so hard

I'm finding it really hard aswell hun, so far I've put 7lbs on ( 5 of which were over Christmas) but I'm only 10 +6 but I'm finding it really hard because when I'm feeling sick only sweets or crisps are the only thing that help and fruit is making me feel sick :(

X x x

im 21+3 i just worrying that as ya get further on ya put more on.i wouldnt no as this is my first.the days wen am in wrk i dnt mind eating fruit and i have mullerlights and norm for dinner i have pasta or jacket potato.its after wrk and days off

I'm hoping I can start losing again after the sickness goes away, I have lost 2 lbs but then I put 2lbs on last week, weighing in today anyway!

X x x

Becca, don't worry as I don't think the Wii is too accurate. Also didn't u say u were having a girl. I put loads on with my girl.

Woodsy, I am due near u - July 4th. When is ur scan? Mine is 16th :)

Am exhausted today, and I feel sick. Didn't really get these symptoms first trimester but getting them now.:-(
Although might be related to how much clearing of snow I did yest! My arms and back is killing

Am exhausted today, and I feel sick. Didn't really get these symptoms first trimester but getting them now.:-(
Although might be related to how much clearing of snow I did yest! My arms and back is killing

Hi hun, you are a week ahead of me...my sickness disappeared and came back last week. Feeling really tired as well, so much for having more energy in 2nd trimester :confused:

I'm goin crazy at work, we've decided to gut the house and chuck all stuff we don't use, old stuff books. Cd's etc as I'm really bad at not Chucking things out and now I just need tidy, but I just want to go home and get started tonight, cannot sit still thinking about it Grrrr.........

Oasis u should try and sell them. Hubby did that before our wedding and made abt a grand on stuff we didn't need anymore (like cds, dvds, books and even a game of twister etc)! Nothing was a lot of value but it soon adds up :)

Back