Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yeah good idea, we have loads of books so I think I'll try selling them too and see. I just need to get all the stuff sorted, no point in keeping things were not needing x

You will need them hun, we all do its because we need the extra fibre for the vitamins and to keep us going to the loo lol and the extra calcium for you and for babys growing bones, she should have told you that straight away - its only a leaflet not a bible so she should have told you verbally. It will also tell you on the sw website :)

X x x

thanks hun ..my consultant didnt have the book with her and wasnt sure what i needed to do last week she said she thought i didnt need any extra hextras. that the plan still stays the same ...im the first pregnant member she has had .

MissSlinky2011 said:
I'm finding it really hard aswell hun, so far I've put 7lbs on ( 5 of which were over Christmas) but I'm only 10 +6 but I'm finding it really hard because when I'm feeling sick only sweets or crisps are the only thing that help and fruit is making me feel sick :(

X x x

I'm feeling the same- I can't help but order ANYTHING I Want now rather than a sensible option- just ate honey chilli chicken with cashew nuts & actually feel ill!

Just can't seem to wise up ... Wasn't at sw this week but at 12+3 I reckon I've 10lb on plus!!! Terrified as I feel enormous already & look really fat :0(

Vm019 said:
I'm feeling the same- I can't help but order ANYTHING I Want now rather than a sensible option- just ate honey chilli chicken with cashew nuts & actually feel ill!

Just can't seem to wise up ... Wasn't at sw this week but at 12+3 I reckon I've 10lb on plus!!! Terrified as I feel enormous already & look really fat :0(

It's hard isn't it, I'm smacking on rubbish! I have been throwing up a fair bit of it though lol.

I lost 2lbs tonight so I'm back to only having the 5lbs I put on over Christmas.

I really thought the sickness was easing but I threw up before during and after class :(

X x c

Got my scan today yay, so excited just hope everything is ok.
Mixed feelings about diet yesterday, I had muesli with nat yogurt for brekie, tuna for lunch and a chicken and beef chilli for tea which would have been syn free if I hadn't have cooked it with red wine, but have to confess that after my hubby found my stash of creme eggs I seemed to go a bit crazy and eat 3 of them. Oh well I had a good day playing inn the snow with the family x

mummyClark said:
Got my scan today yay, so excited just hope everything is ok.
Mixed feelings about diet yesterday, I had muesli with nat yogurt for brekie, tuna for lunch and a chicken and beef chilli for tea which would have been syn free if I hadn't have cooked it with red wine, but have to confess that after my hubby found my stash of creme eggs I seemed to go a bit crazy and eat 3 of them. Oh well I had a good day playing inn the snow with the family x

Yay are you finding out sex? I'm sure everything will be fine, I was the same though. I'm off plan this week, dreading getting weighed Friday x

Yep will be finding out if bubba cooperates.
I'm finding plan so hard I really just want sweet stuff all the time which obviously isn't very plan friendly, reckon I must be having another girl xx

See I can take or leave chocolate which is not like me at all so it seemed to make sense that I was having a girl :) good luck at your scan hope baby let's you cooperate x

See I can take or leave chocolate which is not like me at all so it seemed to make sense that I was having a girl :) good luck at your scan hope baby cooperates x

Im really excited about having a surprise after I give birth :D, I'm going to have a 4d scan on dvd but keep it under lock and key until after baby is born so I don't accidents see the sex lol.

X x x

I'm too inpatient to wait lol I honestly thought I could keep it a surprise until a couple weeks ago I knew I had to find out x

Hey guys just got back from my scan, took 2 hours and still have to go back in 3 weeks as baby was in an awkward position to see everything, but she did see that we are having our 2nd little girl, yay xx

Hey guys just got back from my scan, took 2 hours and still have to go back in 3 weeks as baby was in an awkward position to see everything, but she did see that we are having our 2nd little girl, yay xx

thats fab news chick ..i have to go back next week for my second scan too

my consultant app went ok today ... found it a bit surreal really after all the fuss they made about me not having anymore everyone seems quite calm about it. We discussed the birth at first he said definite c section and i said that my midwife had said to ask about option of v bac .. he said if i went into labour really early and wanted to try i could BUT he would be very worried about what would happen if i needed an emergency section..He said if babys heart rate dropped and we had to get baby out quickly that would be impossible without putting me and baby at very high risk, my planned c section took almost 2 hours with deven and obviously if it was an emergency they couldnt take that kind of time to do it. He also said as i had had a forceps delivery with jack a major bowel repair after mark then two sections the likely hood of an easy labour isnt high. I have to go back at 34 weeks for a scan to check babys growth and also will check what scar tissue they can they cant see actual scar tissue but apparntly it forms a fog on the screen as its dence to see through. My placenta at the moment is very close to my scar but he isnt to worried at the moment. Ohh i got to have a quick peek at bubs as once again she wouldnt let us hear her she is tucked way in behind the placenta still. He also mentioned he would be happy to sterilize me at the same time as section but to really think about it. He said allthough we see baby on ultrasound and pick up most problems some problems arent apparent till later when babes is born and people who think they didnt want anymore then change their mind. So have a good think. I am gona go to my scan next tuseday even though i have been in two minds just hope its a differnt sonographer

How is everyone else any weigh ins today ..my next one is tomoz i havent been as good this week felt **** after gaining in my first week .

Does anyone know if hyperemisis runs in the family? My mum had it and I've not kept anything down since yesterday afternoon

X x x

thats fab news chick ..i have to go back next week for my second scan too

my consultant app went ok today ... found it a bit surreal really after all the fuss they made about me not having anymore everyone seems quite calm about it. We discussed the birth at first he said definite c section and i said that my midwife had said to ask about option of v bac .. he said if i went into labour really early and wanted to try i could BUT he would be very worried about what would happen if i needed an emergency section..He said if babys heart rate dropped and we had to get baby out quickly that would be impossible without putting me and baby at very high risk, my planned c section took almost 2 hours with deven and obviously if it was an emergency they couldnt take that kind of time to do it. He also said as i had had a forceps delivery with jack a major bowel repair after mark then two sections the likely hood of an easy labour isnt high. I have to go back at 34 weeks for a scan to check babys growth and also will check what scar tissue they can they cant see actual scar tissue but apparntly it forms a fog on the screen as its dence to see through. My placenta at the moment is very close to my scar but he isnt to worried at the moment. Ohh i got to have a quick peek at bubs as once again she wouldnt let us hear her she is tucked way in behind the placenta still. He also mentioned he would be happy to sterilize me at the same time as section but to really think about it. He said allthough we see baby on ultrasound and pick up most problems some problems arent apparent till later when babes is born and people who think they didnt want anymore then change their mind. So have a good think. I am gona go to my scan next tuseday even though i have been in two minds just hope its a differnt sonographer

How is everyone else any weigh ins today ..my next one is tomoz i havent been as good this week felt **** after gaining in my first week .

Hope you and ur baby be ok sounds like you got a good consultant that actually cares, can I ask why ur last section took so long? xx

Congratulations to mummyclark on having another girl, think its lovely that you already knew you were carrying a girl I was like that with my girls too. Are you going call her Bella? x

Hope you feel better missslinky and don't need to go on a drip wiv hyperemisis you must be feeling awful xx

Hope you and ur baby be ok sounds like you got a good consultant that actually cares, can I ask why ur last section took so long? xx

Congratulations to mummyclark on having another girl, think its lovely that you already knew you were carrying a girl I was like that with my girls too. Are you going call her Bella? x

Hope you feel better missslinky and don't need to go on a drip wiv hyperemisis you must be feeling awful xx

hey sweetie my last section took so long because of the previous section. my first section was a flat out emergency and i dont think they did a very good job of putting me back together ...it ofcourse could just be i was unlucky and i scar badly . in order to deliver deven they basically had to disect my bladder and other organs from my womb before they could get to the baby ..

Im hoping that that scar tissue may not have reformed but i dont know what the likely hood of that is ..

I think the consultant is concerned that if they had to do an emergency section they wouldnt be able to take the care in separating everything that they would if the section is done by election. If rushed i suppose it could maybe damage my bladder ect.

I think i will prob go for the elective option ..as an elective section the recovery was so much easier . eppppps hope i havent made it sound like a horror story .. Just remember every birth is different and the majority go really really well. plus here i am having a 5th so it couldn't have been that bad and the bits that were you move on from quickly anyways

I think your doing right thing having a planned section especially if its much safer for you and baby.
Ive got my planned section in 8 wks, it be my third section I was a wake with both and did notice the difference its so true every birth is different. Last time it seemed to take so long to put me back together but im hoping by keeping the pregnancy weight gain low the baby won't get to big and I be more healthy for the section. With my first I was up and about next day just felt amazing but it was alot different last time I cud bearly walk to the toilet or feed my baby the pain was so bad, maybe it made a difference from having a small baby to a large baby I don't know. Anyway at least you know you got a good consultant wiv this pregnancy and I hope everything will go much better this time it might help the fact that you have left a big gap before having another one.
I'm starting to feel more relax about it all now, I had all sorts going through my mind which I never did with my other two x Anyway how you getting on with sw I'm trying to be extra good this wk x

ahh im sure all will go well for you hun . I think my hardest recovery was the emergency section and close to it the third degree tear ..i think with the tear the worse part was there was no relife from it as you were either sat on it could feel pressure on it laid down and stood up at least with the section there was the odd position that eased the pain.

How heavy were your babys a bigger baby would have made a differnce as the opening stretches more but also you may have had some scar tissue ect did they ever mention it to you?

im finding being back on slimming world ok ..but i also find where i was happily eating and making healthy choices befor i rejoined i am now focusing on food all the damn time . My week hasnt been as good as my first week food wise but i think thats partly down to having a gain in the first week it made me lose my motivation a bit.

not long now till baby then hun should hopefully be just in time for the weather warming up

sweetchant1lly said:
ahh im sure all will go well for you hun . I think my hardest recovery was the emergency section and close to it the third degree tear ..i think with the tear the worse part was there was no relife from it as you were either sat on it could feel pressure on it laid down and stood up at least with the section there was the odd position that eased the pain.

How heavy were your babys a bigger baby would have made a differnce as the opening stretches more but also you may have had some scar tissue ect did they ever mention it to you?

im finding being back on slimming world ok ..but i also find where i was happily eating and making healthy choices befor i rejoined i am now focusing on food all the damn time . My week hasnt been as good as my first week food wise but i think thats partly down to having a gain in the first week it made me lose my motivation a bit.

not long now till baby then hun should hopefully be just in time for the weather warming up

I had an emergency c section, baby was 7lb 15oz my scar isn't very big, tbh don't know how they got him out that little pocket. I was on my feet after 20 hours going for shower, recovery was find except the bit where part of my wound stayed open for 9 weeks, I had a haematoma a few days after birth behind the scar. Don't know if my experience is of any help :) x

Back