Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had an emergency c section, baby was 7lb 15oz my scar isn't very big, tbh don't know how they got him out that little pocket. I was on my feet after 20 hours going for shower, recovery was find except the bit where part of my wound stayed open for 9 weeks, I had a haematoma a few days after birth behind the scar. Don't know if my experience is of any help :) x

Thanks hunny its good to hear others experiences , out of intrest did you have emergency section with spinal/ epidural or were you knocked out. I think with kate it was the anethestic that got me ..with deven they sat me up in recovery after the section and it made things so much better .

your scar sounds ouchie ..i had an infection in my scar both times witch made healing a bit harder but overall we all come back fighting when it comes to taking care of our babys think we just get on with it

Well my first baby weighed 6.10 second baby 9.6lb, theres nearly 6 yrs age gap with them both my lo is 2 in fornight.
At the time nothing was said to me but scar was alot bigger it just took ages to be sewed up and different doctors kept coming in and all they said to me
if I have anymore babies I would need a section again. At the time I was really
dehydrated and was glad it was over with. Also I was 2 wks at least overdue didn't find out I was pregnant till quite late so dates weren't accurate and they only ever gave me one scan.
I been good this wk instead of eating sweet things Ive replaced them with low fat cereal bars so hoping this will help and trying to eat healthy meals its so hard when pregnant ive been off track most of 30 wks on and off dieting but only gained 3lbs so far which I know isn't too bad I think last pregnancy I put on nearly 3 stone x I had an infection in my scar too after first baby I caught mrsa x

Only gained 3lb at 30 weeks hun is bloody amazing even if you had been 100 % every week that would still be good ..keep it up and you will have a fab weight loss when lo is born... i know with katie i hardly gained any weight and was 2 stone lighter 3 days after having her ..just a shame sleep deprivation took its tool afterwards and i used to just grab anything rather than make good choices

My slimming world advisor has a lady who lost 8.5lbs throughout her pregnancy and then 6 weeks after giving birth she'd dropped 3 stone! I would live to do that lol

My mum has been amazing she has said that instead of family visiting in my house we will tell everyone to come see us at my mums house so I don't have to worry about housework as I'm terrible when I know people are coming!

Her and my sister are already talking about the slimming world teas they will be creating and bringing us bless them :D

X x x

sweetchant1lly said:
Thanks hunny its good to hear others experiences , out of intrest did you have emergency section with spinal/ epidural or were you knocked out. I think with kate it was the anethestic that got me ..with deven they sat me up in recovery after the section and it made things so much better .

your scar sounds ouchie ..i had an infection in my scar both times witch made healing a bit harder but overall we all come back fighting when it comes to taking care of our babys think we just get on with it

No they knocked me out, said there was no time to wait to numb me the normal way. The tube must have scratched my throat when it went down it had a bit of infection for a few days after was gross. My scar stayed very clean so they wouldn't do anything as they said trying to help it heal surgically will cause more harm than good. Hopefully you will recover quickly this time x

Its lovely to hear everyones birth stories it really does help.
Although I only put on 3lb I was over weight before falling pregnant and I think reason why the weight hasn't gone on is cos my lo is so active I spend all day running around after her.

Weightloss can be done during pregnancy wiv my first baby, my pre pregnancy weight was around 12.6 stone and fornight after I had her I was about 10 stone ish, the funny thing is I wasn't even trying but that was 8 yrs ago x

With my first I was already over weight and the heaviest I'd ever been, I put on over 3 stone I think I used pregnancy as an excuse to indulge and eat what I want loadsa crap basically, and this time although I was heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant. I think the thought of putting on so much weight is scaring me into being more careful. I'm off plan this week but start again sat and then start classes Thursday so keep me motivated. But it helps being on here with you ladies knowing I'm not the only one struggling x

I'm struggling to eat anything remotely healthy at the minute- take aways & hospital food galore but I'm looking after my dad who is very very ill - so scared of undoing all my hard work with sw!

You'll get back on track, at the end of the day there are just sometimes more important things going on in life, I'm sure when things calm down you'll get back on track x

With my first I was already over weight and the heaviest I'd ever been, I put on over 3 stone I think I used pregnancy as an excuse to indulge and eat what I want loadsa crap basically, and this time although I was heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant. I think the thought of putting on so much weight is scaring me into being more careful. I'm off plan this week but start again sat and then start classes Thursday so keep me motivated. But it helps being on here with you ladies knowing I'm not the only one struggling x

I was excatley the same wiv second baby I was really over weight and somehow lost 2 stone which helped me to concieve but I used being pregnant as an excuse and often ate wrong foods. So I know how easy the weight can creep on I put on 3 stone that was alot for me. I think now im generally more careful with food choices I do have treats over weekend but I try and be good during the week and I do lots of walking and running around with Maisie when we out and about ive got watch all the time she's so fast. Now I know ive only got 9 weeks left and really don't want to ballom up I think I gained most of weight in the last trimester x

Your doing great, I don't think you'll put much more on and your bound to lose at least 7lb from the birth. Not long now :)

Yeah last couple of weeks have flown by, baby is breach so I can only feel her kicking low down but I keep feeling pressure moving along middle of my belly so must be her head or something I was pushing there lightly before and I got kicked everytime, it's weird I'm more than half way but I think I'm just going with the flow and its not really sunk in how far I am x

Did anyone watch one born every minute, was slightly terrifying, my hubby said he'd rather me have another section than have to go through that x

i cried at obm tonight how bloody scary .

on the plus size i lost 2.5 tonight so at least a small weight loss

the min the babys head was out i was like wow that baby is huge and the midwifes face was sheer panic too

Yeah they all looked petrified, I think I held my breath, I knew they'd get it out but I think I knew it happens and some don't make it so I was getting so stressed x

Back