Pregnancy and Slimming World

What are all of you ladies thinking of doing after the birth with regards to contraceptives? With it taking us so long to get pregnant I really don't want to go on anything that might mess up my hormones and make it take years and years until we have another and we don't want to use plastic friends either lol. I can just imagine me getting pregnant straight away though lol

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
What are all of you ladies thinking of doing after the birth with regards to contraceptives? With it taking us so long to get pregnant I really don't want to go on anything that might mess up my hormones and make it take years and years until we have another and we don't want to use plastic friends either lol. I can just imagine me getting pregnant straight away though lol

X x x

Sleep deprivation is very effective x

Planning on hubby having the chop and maybe using the pill while we wait for that to work. I used the implant after my first and had it in for a year, I had no problems with it but nit everyone likes it, we conceived the month after it was removed x

I think we will just leave it in gods hands so to speak. I just don't want to start taking anything like the pill or injection or the implant and risk messing up my body and there being a huge gap between babies. We want a big family so if it happens it happens!

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:

X x x

I'm going back on the injection, I was on it 9 years without a break and I got pregnant first time after 3 months when coming off it, I went back on it 6 weeks after birth and it only took 3 months again to get pregnant the 2nd time :) x

Would really recommend some sort of birth control, your body is at it's most fertile after the birth ( natures cruel trick)
It would be really hard having 2 babies in the same year, think about the practicalities of having to carry 2 children, it's bad enough with one on your hip, plus your body needs time in between to replenish it's stores of nutrients

oasis6918 said:
I'm going back on the injection, I was on it 9 years without a break and I got pregnant first time after 3 months when coming off it, I went back on it 6 weeks after birth and it only took 3 months again to get pregnant the 2nd time :) x

Its taken me 3 and a half years to get pregnant after just being on the mini pill, not everyone is as lucky as you have been so I wouldn't dare go on it lol x

X

mummyClark said:
Would really recommend some sort of birth control, your body is at it's most fertile after the birth ( natures cruel trick)
It would be really hard having 2 babies in the same year, think about the practicalities of having to carry 2 children, it's bad enough with one on your hip, plus your body needs time in between to replenish it's stores of nutrients

People cope with twins, triplets and more :)

X

Its probably to do with weightloss that help you to fall pg this time :) each time ive fallen pregnant its been after I lost weight I didnt have a regular cycle and it took a few yrs to fall pg with my youngest. This time my daughter was only 17mths when I fell pg and I was on the mini pill. The only thing I would say is to talk it over with your doctor if you do have any concerns and just be carful if you dont have a natural birth it can be dangerous to fall pg within a yr if you have a section x

I would have went on the pill straight after but they make you wait 6 weeks haven't a clue why - although to be fair I couldn't have sex anyway due to open wound :(
But I was advised not to get pregnant with in 12 months after c section and it takes 18 months for your body to recover from a c section, although lo was only 15 months when I got pregnant x

Cas3 said:
Its probably to do with weightloss that help you to fall pg this time :) each time ive fallen pregnant its been after I lost weight I didnt have a regular cycle and it took a few yrs to fall pg with my youngest. This time my daughter was only 17mths when I fell pg and I was on the mini pill. The only thing I would say is to talk it over with your doctor if you do have any concerns and just be carful if you dont have a natural birth it can be dangerous to fall pg within a yr if you have a section x

Ive always had regular cycles since I was 11 though which was why the Dr couldn't understand why I had so many problems. Whether it was weight loss or the after effect of the pill I don't really want to risk it. If I need a c section fair enough but if I don't whatever. I know plenty of people who have kids close together. There is only 18 months between my hubby and his little sister so he was only 9 months old when she caught again. My best friends are twins, there older sister is only 15 months older than them and their mum managed with three young children. Then she had another when the twins were 2 and another not long after and they are all fine actually 2 are teachers, ones a lawyer and the only son may have done someone's scan if they live in Liverpool lol.

X

Oh and strict Catholics don't use any form of contraceptives. It's against there religious beliefs x

I would have went on the pill straight after but they make you wait 6 weeks haven't a clue why - although to be fair I couldn't have sex anyway due to open wound :(
But I was advised not to get pregnant with in 12 months after c section and it takes 18 months for your body to recover from a c section, although lo was only 15 months when I got pregnant x

I was abit worried falling pregnant so soon would of prefered my lo to have been at least 2 just to give my body more time to recover as it be my 3rd section, thats the main reason I been trying to keep my weight gain low want to be fit and healthy for my section x

My hubby is going to have the snip, he has been told lol. Probs not straight away so will probs get the mini pill from.doctor so can Breast feed. I didn't get a period for a year last time on mini pill.
However have some condoms in. Abt 2 weeks after the birth I was so ridiculously horny and we had nothing in. Not sure what caused it but just incase am having some in. Lol although I can't see it happening this time, I'm the opposite of horny now lol

Goodmorning my lovlies , Hope your all feeling a bit better , waves helo to our newcomer.

Been awol this weekend so has taken me a while to catch up this morn capricorn chilling out doing cross stitch sounds like a fab idea think i may get my crotchet hook out.

I have had an OMG moment this morning i jumped on my wii fit and i have gained 6lb since thursday what the hell. Ok in truth i have been a bit of plan havent eaten regularly not ate much at all but what i have ate hasnt been the best on plan food. BUT SIX POUNDS!!!! I was saying to the bf last night omg i am huge and my bump is coming out from under my bra line so maybe its just bloating or something. So back on plan today best i can havent got much meat here though so not sure may have to go on green for a few days.

Anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on with my back? for a few weeks the vertebrae at the bottom of my spine has been clicking when i get in and out of a car but this weekend its all the time its agony , the left side of my back is really pain full and my left hip is also still playing up. i have never never had spd or anything like that with my others so im at a loss as to what this is

The other question i wanted to ask is about section scar ... im a big girl and my tumy seems to be being pushed down by baby along the rite side its rubbing and spilting open on the surface and my scar hurts anyone else got this and have you found anything to relive it at all?

Wow i have been moany this morning havent i time to shut up me thinks . Hows everyone doing on the plan ? im gona go raid my cuboards in a min and see what plan i can follow for the next few days ..kinda really short on money so cant go and splash out. Whats everyone else having the next few days?

Leek and potatoe soup is a great on plan cheap meal, Im making a huge pan today with a pack of 3 leeks that were £1 from Tesco and then about 6 spuds and 2 veg stock cubes kettle full of hot water I do mine in the pressure cooker it will do us for tea tonight and then lunch time for another two days, I'm also making us a chicken and Bacon pie for tea tomorrow night but with a crispy mash top instead of pastry so also free food!

Then weds night tea is spaghetti and meatballs with passata sauce,

Thursday night is pork and leek sausages (2 syns each but sooo worth it!) Mash, carrots mushy peas and gravy mmm.

Friday will be shepherds pie,

Saturday will be syn free burgers with cheese (hexa) bap (hexb) and sw wedges and side salad.

Sunday were going to the all you can eat Chinese buffet for my hubbys birthday yummy!

Lunches will consist of omelettes, jacket potatoes, tuna pasta bake etc lol

Hope I've given you some ideas!

X x x

Hun you don't sound too good whens ur next mw app and your scar sounds painful maybe get it looked at incase its infected or anything. My scar been fine throughout this pg and its a big scar its been excatley 2 yrs since I had my last section.
My bump pretty much grown over night I hardly had much of a bump last wk and now I feel so big, even people have started commenting all of sudden no one notice I was pregnant before. Are you sure you have gained 6lbs that doesn't seem right sometimes ur weight changes throughout the day I would check again x

Meals sound tasty I can't plan to far ahead never know what im going fancy.

Leek and potatoe soup is a great on plan cheap meal, Im making a huge pan today with a pack of 3 leeks that were £1 from Tesco and then about 6 spuds and 2 veg stock cubes kettle full of hot water I do mine in the pressure cooker it will do us for tea tonight and then lunch time for another two days, I'm also making us a chicken and Bacon pie for tea tomorrow night but with a crispy mash top instead of pastry so also free food!

Then weds night tea is spaghetti and meatballs with passata sauce,

Thursday night is pork and leek sausages (2 syns each but sooo worth it!) Mash, carrots mushy peas and gravy mmm.

Friday will be shepherds pie,

Saturday will be syn free burgers with cheese (hexa) bap (hexb) and sw wedges and side salad.

Sunday were going to the all you can eat Chinese buffet for my hubbys birthday yummy!

Lunches will consist of omelettes, jacket potatoes, tuna pasta bake etc lol

Hope I've given you some ideas!

X x x

some fab food ideas there and wow how organised are you i never know what im having from one day to the next ..maybe thats the problem i dont plan.

@ cas well i weighed on thursday hun at same time of day and weighed this morn cause i felt huge it sure does seem a lot ..maybe ill try and eat regular next few days and weigh again on thursday morn unless i go back to class wednesday night..still in a dilemma there as wether to weigh in at class or go it alone at home.

got to call midwife in a bit for some blood results so will run how i am feeling by her then i think.

If I don't plan I will end up completely off plan! So I plan week by week makes shopping cheaper if I know what I need!

X x x

Back