Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mine didn't start with Amy til after she was born but I struggled to breastfeeding and get that.feeling initially. If urs starting now ous very good sign, remember when I was pregnant one of the ladies was shout 28 (maybe earlier) and complained hers properly leaked. She has no issue breastfeeding right from start.

Vm019 sorry abt ur dad and glad her is lot better. Don't worry about what u been eating during that time, its done now and everyone does it - Comfort eating when upset. In fact I comfort eat for sake of it sometimes!

U know I was so much happier last time round, I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted (mainly appletiser, peartiser and cramberry juice which looking back was.probs big contribution to my weight gain). I might have put on 3.5 stone but all the photos of me show me glowing. I was so happy. :) This time I am thinking abt my weight and what eating constantly and I don't feel anything like I did first time round. If am bad (which at present is probs 5 days out of 7 I feel guilty). I talked to my midwife abt pre natal depression but I do feel lot better now (probs from 14 weeks ish). There are other factors too tho not just me.worried abt weight, like having miscarriage the pregnamcy before has had me on edge whole time.

Yeah the travelling is hard work and tiring. I am not as tired this time round as I was with Amy, sure its cos having a boy (just as well as working on a project and the next 7 to 8 weeks will be hard). Am sure having a boy is why I am not glowing as there is an old wives tale about it. Really hope its true as explains a lot :)

MissSlinky2011 said:
How early did everyone start getting strange feeling nipples? My are itching and one of them leaked water today! I have always had odd boobs as I produce colostrum randomly when not pregnant so wonder if its just something to do with that?

X x x

I started leaking from about 16 weeks, but not sure what the strange feeling in your nipples is, I haven't felt any difference but then I can't remember if I did with my first which us obviously when mg nipples changed colour and shape

Morning girls,

Oasis hope your feeling better now, im feeling quite down today, I definately agree with you about the babys growth.

Miss slinky, With my first I started leaking at round 7 mths and got my milk in after birth I had a good supply of milk but wasnt allowed to use it :( With Maisie I didnt leak at all during pregnancy and didnt get any milk in for about a wk I think this time its going be the same im 34 wks and no signs yet so stock up on breast pads just incase.

Vm019 sorry to hear about your dad hope your both ok now, dont worry about any weight gain just start over again.

I weighed in today and sts not been feeling up to doing sw so been calorie counting x

Cas3 said:
Morning girls,

Oasis hope your feeling better now, im feeling quite down today, I definately agree with you about the babys growth.

Miss slinky, With my first I started leaking at round 7 mths and got my milk in after birth I had a good supply of milk but wasnt allowed to use it :( With Maisie I didnt leak at all during pregnancy and didnt get any milk in for about a wk I think this time its going be the same im 34 wks and no signs yet so stock up on breast pads just incase.

Vm019 sorry to hear about your dad hope your both ok now, dont worry about any weight gain just start over again.

I weighed in today and sts not been feeling up to doing sw so been calorie counting x

Sts is great your doing so well! I'm so jealous lol, I do feel much brighter today, don't know why I felt so run down yesterday. How come your feeling down? x

Sometimes I have like a thick white discharge - it looks a lot like when you squeeze a spot but a lot thicker! lol so for the tmi!

The weird feeling got worse last night and turned into a stabbing pain that was going from the back of my boob to the nipple so i think its just growing pains!

Its my hubby's birthday sunday and i've just bought him a birthday card from the bump :D

xxx

MissSlinky2011 said:
Sometimes I have like a thick white discharge - it looks a lot like when you squeeze a spot but a lot thicker! lol so for the tmi!

The weird feeling got worse last night and turned into a stabbing pain that was going from the back of my boob to the nipple so i think its just growing pains!

Its my hubby's birthday sunday and i've just bought him a birthday card from the bump :D

xxx

I would see your midwife/ gp, it doesn't sound normal to me but obviously I'm not an expert. Colostrum is normally clearly and a liquid not gooey. Maybe just ring them, could be an infection

It was clear and fluidy last night, maybe the thick white stuff was just clearing out, ii dunno I will ask my midwife when I see her. I used to have my nipples pierced but removed them 4 years ago so they shouldn't effect my ability to breastfeed will it?

X x x

Morning girls seems like we have lots of ups and downs at the mom

vm sorry to hear about your dad hun you cant really blame yourself for the weight gain it happens at times like this im sure when it settles down for you you will get back on track.

Miss slinky my boobs have drove me nuts they are always tingiling and painfull i have ended up getting cream for them though as it felt a bit like it did when i had thrush in my nipples but boobs are like that when preggers anyways

Sorry to here your feeling down cas i know the feeling for sure

i weighed in this morning and seem to have dropped four pound of that 6 pound gain so am back to being around 3lbs or so heavier than when i got pg ..i so want to be a few stone lighter though.

Hetic few days here some little jerk whacked my son in the head with a brick last night so spent most of the night up hospital getting checked over just badly bruised.

Me and the Bf arent talking again either ...just seems one stress after the next at the moment.

Im almost 25 weeks now and still not really bought anything i need ... i have an ass that needs kicking
lol

Sorry to hear about your son, thats all you need. Well done on those 4lbs that should cheer you up a little.

I didnt buy much till last month and only brought a few clothes, just don't know wot to buy this time round im lucky I have got a few bits from my daughter in great condition just need to buy the main bits and stuff for hospital bag. I'm feeling ok now im usually happy on a friday think im just tired need to catch up on some sleep x

MissSlinky2011 said:
It was clear and fluidy last night, maybe the thick white stuff was just clearing out, ii dunno I will ask my midwife when I see her. I used to have my nipples pierced but removed them 4 years ago so they shouldn't effect my ability to breastfeed will it?

X x x

Strange lol, but yer if it was clear it's fine, and if you feel ok in yourself then most likely ok, I probably mention it next visit if you get it again just to be sure, but otherwise don't worry.

The majority of people who have their nipples pierced are fine to breastfeed, couple of my friends have and they were fine, usually it's only people who have botched ones that can't, and if your leaking already I can't see why you would have any problems as they are functioning normally.

beccaharrison89 said:
i aint had no sore breasts or any leaking or anything as of yet.im 25 weeks is this norm?

Everyone's different hun, I think I'm doing it so early because I've been producing the hormone for breastmilk for years even though this is my first pregnancy!

From what I've read for most people its after 30 weeks.

X x x

beccaharrison89 said:
i aint had no sore breasts or any leaking or anything as of yet.im 25 weeks is this norm?

It's very normal I didn't produce anything or leak till after the birth with my first and I breast fed for 6 months

Gooooooooooooood morning lovely mummies to be-hope we are all well....

Its a miserable n manky day here, all grey n overcast *booo* -so I guess my bum will soon be back on the sofa X-stitching "shame ehh!!! ;)"

Well I had another scan yesterday (33+1) -and so we got to see charliebump doing gymnastics :p - when they measured him he had dropped slightly off the 50 centile line thingy, so the nurse said they would need to scan his cord to make sure his blood flow was O.K. She said he was still fine and even if he had been on the top line initially and then fallen slightly under they would have to the same. Anyhoo it took about 15mins as every time she got the scanner on his cord he kicked his cord :p - The poor lady scanning couldn't stop laughing as she even tried sneaking the scanner across my bump to catch my cord but he wasn't playing ball. She got there eventually and declared he was fine :D -
They predicted that at the moment using his abdomen size etc that he is 5lbs -which I didn't think was bad at all as all the books say at 33 weeks the baby will be approx 3-4lbs -so I guess us Nottinghamshire lasses generally have little chubsters :p.
My nephew was only 5lb9oz born at full term and is now a strapping 22st body builder so Im not worrying over his size.The lady scanning was amazed at how vigorous he is -he wriggles and thrashes about more now than he did when he was littler -its like watching a bag full of kittens fighting , in fact yesterday I had a rather full bath and he was thrashing about so much I had to let some water out as he was throwing it over the side :giggle:
ooooh oooooh and he has now managed to turn and is head down :D -so I guess that was to blame for the awful pain I had in my pelvis one day last week.
I also saw a different consultant and she knew more about my Chiari Malformation and agreed with my thoughts on having a C-section ....so once I see the anaesthatist (and if there are no complications) next week they should be able to sort out a date at my next consultants appointment (21March) ... oh and she assured me that even if I had opted for a natural birth they wouldn't let me go over my 40 weeks -something to do with my age :p -which I found comforting as I was bothered about him stressing and passing meconium etc...

On the boob front -mine really hurt the other day -well the nipples anyway -I got in the bath and :eek: -I felt like they were being electrocuted :confused: ...... gawd knows what that was all about -I assume its just the nerve endings becoming more sensitive...

VM019 -sorry to hear about your dad, don't stress yourself out over your weight -there is only so much you can deal with at once and we all have time after the babies get here to shift the wobble ;)

Sweet -sounds like you are having a time of it my lovely - I hope you are still finding some time to put your feet up n relax!!!

Well I should get off and get some sewing done ..hubby is in the kitchen making a cuppa bless his little socks..so its cuppa and chill out for me as Bumpsydoodle is kicking my ribs as he really doen't like me being sat up straight :p

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day.....

I'm definitely making colostrum its a clear sticky liquid coming from both boobs I'm really shocked I'm making it at 14 + 4!

Hopefully its a good sign for breastfeeding

X x x

I've had a bit of a scare today. I'm 7+6 today and when I went to the loo after lunch there was blood on the loo roll (sorry TMI).

I've spoken to the emergency call doctor who just said take it easy and see GP or midwife next week.

Just been to the loo again and there is a lot less blood so fingers and toes are crossed that it was just a minor blip.

One benefit is that DH has admitted he was scared to be excited but he is really excited and happy about our baby.

mummyClark said:
Hey ladies, was wondering if someone can clear things up for me, how many weeks are you when you hit 6 months, been having a debate with my SIL and getting a bit wound up, just hoping I'm not wrong?

Oasis, I'm starting to get like that, feel hungry but can only eat day a pack of crisps and I'm full, however after nit eating all day I did manage to eat a big tasty meal at macci d's (oops)

It must be 26 weeks. People often forget that 4 weeks do not make a month unless it's Feb x

Sleepy59 said:
I've had a bit of a scare today. I'm 7+6 today and when I went to the loo after lunch there was blood on the loo roll (sorry TMI).

I've spoken to the emergency call doctor who just said take it easy and see GP or midwife next week.

Just been to the loo again and there is a lot less blood so fingers and toes are crossed that it was just a minor blip.

One benefit is that DH has admitted he was scared to be excited but he is really excited and happy about our baby.

Don't worry if its only when you wipe I had it at 6 + 4 and paniced! Is it brown or bright red? They said to me its usually old blood that had pooled higher up and has now cone out, put your feet up and chill x x x

Back