Pregnancy and Slimming World

Misskat29 said:
Hi ladies, can I join you all please!

I'm 12wks pregnant with my second bundle of joy. Really want to monitor my weight gain though, as last time I put in 4stone!

Whilst I lost it all, I just don't want to get so big again!

Welcome, everyone is lovely here. When are you due? I'm 24 weeks with my second put on 3 and a half stone with my first and hated myself in the end, lost it and more put some back on but I need to watch this time x

I'm gutted just discovered my scales don't appear to be working properly, I have to move my scales into place everytime I weigh but have discovered that even if they are a cm out it shows a difference of upto 5lb. I don't know how I'm going to wi and now have no idea of my weight :( hope everyone else is getting on great, good luck for next week x

oasis6918 said:
I'm gutted just discovered my scales don't appear to be working properly, I have to move my scales into place everytime I weigh but have discovered that even if they are a cm out it shows a difference of upto 5lb. I don't know how I'm going to wi and now have no idea of my weight :( hope everyone else is getting on great, good luck for next week x

Do boots still have weighing machines for 20p? Lol

Morrisons had some quite cheap and I think lidl aswell

X x x

Hello Miss Kat, think most of us 2nd timers are in the same boat. Definitely ate for 2 with my first.

Oh no Oasis, gutted for u on the scales. My sis goes to boots to get weighed - might be worth doing if u don't want to buy more. Alternatively u could try a hard floor surface rather than carpeted (my old scales would vary quite bit but was carpet that caused it). Or u could do what my mate does and go with lowest value hehe :)

I've been goin over the floor I've found it's uneven. So I've checked a space where the floor is even and found a way to line the scales up against something the same everytime so I'll just have to start again and take it from there let's hope I get no nasty surprise's on Fri for wi x

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

I'm due mid sept I think, have a scan tomorrow so will get dated properly then. Long cycles, pcos made it a massive guessing game on due date lol

Hey girls, hope you are all okay.

Just to let you know i had my scan on Friday and all was okay. Was so nervous as she was checking everything.

Its a boy this time, so one of each :) I really didnt mind, would of been easier as i have loads of girls stuff lol, and was worried Isabella wanted a sister but she is very happy to have a little brother. I have a 3 month old nephew, so its nice they will be similar age.

Should i start buying things now do you think?

Hey hun, I started buying when I got my 20 week scan, mainly cos I've got most stuff already but by then I could see everything was definitely okay so have bought a few girls things I'm going to buy some more this weekend - payday lol x

Good luck with scans.
I bought some things too after 20w scan but not much yet mainly as its only been 2 and a bit weeks since found out having boy.
I have a lot already tho so main stiff I need is boys clothes for the summer and a moses basket. Only probs with clothes is hard to know what size they will be, with Amy I got a bit of newborn but mainly 0-3 but she wad so little and wished I got more new born. My sis got me a load of early baby stuff and that was better.
So note hindsight has left me confused lol. I know of a few ppl who had a large baby first so don't want to go overboard on the newborn but at same time Amy was on hers easily a month if not longer. Might buy a mixture haha

Has anyone been to Tesco with the half price sale?

I bought the cutesy little grey snow suit with ears on the hood its so cute £7 lol

X x x

Thanks hun,
Going to see how I go and give dr a call in the morning it cud be a water infection I often do get them and it doesnt help ur bladder after having two sections x

I get them lots too hun same boat two sections seem to of aggrivated my bladder . not ever had one that felt like this though ? how are you doing today hun

Good luck to those of you with scans this week and mia-angel glad all went well and congrats on your little boy

whats everyone up to today im supposed to be decorating my room was up lots in the night with my poorly puppy saw vet this morning and they are finally going to take him in and do some biopsys ect.

could of really done without me and the dog being ill and having decorating to do but thats life i suppose.

Have a lovely day everyone xxx

Sleepy hope your scan goes ok today hun xxx

I'm leaving you guys. The scan showed an incomplete miscarriage. I have already passed the sack apparently. I need to go to the hospital tomorrow to find out what will happen next.

Aww sleepy I'm so sorry to hear that hun. I know nothing we say will be able to help but big hugs to you and your oh x x x

Just had a repeat of my 20 week scan, thankfully they could see the heart and face properly this time, was nice as this scan was so much clearer than my last 2. And was stupidly happy that there was no 'technically difficult scan due to increased patient bmi'. I haven't changed but was nice to see they didn't feel the need to put it on there this time

Hi everyone i am 18 weeks with my second and have so far managed to lose 1 1/2 lbs since getting pregnant. Not too fussed about losing weight just don't want to put any on!

Found out we are having a little boy last week so shopping has commenced! Really craving Mcdonalds chicken nuggets at the moment! Might have to make a drive-thru trip soon! Mad thing is i hate Mcdonalds usually!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well and its so reassuring to know there are other people out there in the same boat as me.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day! xx xx

Really sorry sleepy, big hugs to you xx

I'm feeling much better now sweetchanti thank you, got mw tomorrow, im waiting for oh to finish off decorating our bedroom not much left to do but still waiting, hope ur much better now x

Congratulations traceywise and mia angel on having baby boys it must be exciting buying blue this time :) sounds like ur doing well with keeping the weight off ive not done to bad this preg im 34 wks and put on a few pounds now.

Geordielass- I wasnt sure myself what sizes to buy my daughters weighed 6lb and 9lb but even with my youngest who was the biggest she was still in newborn for about 6 wks so think im going to buy a mixture of newborn and 0-3 mths and maybe some tiny bits just incase, can always change them if I don't need them x

Ive been terrible eating what i want :(

But ive decided to start being careful this week as i feel really uncomfortable and i know the next few months will go quickly and with summer coming up im going to regret eating like a pig!

Back