Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mmm cream egg ice cream are lush!

X x x

Creme egg ice cream is what I've got in freezer its my new favourite, there's only a tiny bit left so I'm contemplating having it since there's not much left I can't get carried away then it's gone in time for my new start Friday x

How many of you ladies work? And how long before your due date are you going on maternity leave? If you don't mind me asking. Just wondered what plans people have to pass the time etc between finishing work and baby being born :) x

The lolly ones are my fav you get the ice cream covered in cadburys chocolate!

X x x

I'm lucky enough to not be working at the moment. I gave up my job working in a bank last year! I thought i would be bored but i always find something to do! x

oasis6918 said:
How many of you ladies work? And how long before your due date are you going on maternity leave? If you don't mind me asking. Just wondered what plans people have to pass the time etc between finishing work and baby being born :) x

I'm due august 28th, I'm taking 24 days of holiday to take all of august off as my big sister is getting married on the 10th and I'm bridesmaid lol. I'm just probably going to clean the house top to bottom, bath the dog and do some gardening and enjoy the summer sun! Then my mat leave is starting from the first Monday in September :)

X x x

My stats arent up to date - i am a stone heavier than on there!

I am due 4th July - I plan on officially taking maternity on 2nd July and using 5 weeks holiday before then (finishing on Friday 25th May). Depends if I have the holidays as I might have to delay it a week til 1st June.

I plan on enjoying the sunshine (got to be hopeful havent we that we will get sun in June), reading and relaxing..... do a bit of shopping for the baby. I am planning on buying a 2nd freezer and batching cooking some meals. My husband did it last time and it was a godsend when your too tired to cook. Only problem is this time he is very busy with his new job so expect it will be down to me. Also I will be doing things like the food shop which normally i do on a weekend but would rather do in the week if i had the time!

Last time I used 6 weeks holiday but she was late - so I was off for 7 and a half weeks. To be honest I was so bored by the time I had her...

I'm finishing work on 1st June, taking one weeks holiday then start maternity leave 2 weeks before baby due. I'm going to get the house in order, finishing touches, and batch cooking is a must for me too x

I'm going to do some batch cooking but my mum and SIS are also on sw so they will be making casseroles for us lol

Also I'm going to ask all visitors to come see me in my mums house as its only around the corner and I'm really house proud and don't want to have to worry about hovering and dusting! Plus my mum wants to be proud nainy when people come to see her grandchild lol.

X x x

oasis6918 said:

im due 16th june and leaving four weejs before having two weeks hol and startung two maternity twi weeks Before due.
soon going to get tired on feet im a hairdresser and do 9-7 somedays:(

Miss Slinky are you sure you can start maternity leave (officially) after you are due? Where I work its the Sunday before your due (So basically the Monday as noone works on a Sunday).

Also apparently if you have the baby early your official maternity commences the day after the baby is born. You wont lose your hols - you either get paid or they add them to the end of your maternity leave.

It might depend on where you work, if its a small place they might do things differently but if you work at a big organisation with HR they will probs do it the right way as I wondered myself how do they actually know you have had the baby early anyway if you are on holiday (unless you are keeping your boss up to date)

Ugh feel like I've been hit by a bus. Woke up during the night a few times with bad stomach pains - I don't think it's a concern for the baby though. Either she's causing it the little angel or it's something I've eaten etc. I also seem to have had a migraine in my sleep so my head is pounding, and my spd was so painful yesterday evening, through the night and this morning.
On a happier note I have my 25 week midwife appointment this morning so prob won't get to work til 11 so my day should go quick :) I did have some questions that I've waited weeks to speak to my midwife about but I found out a couple of days ago my appointment isn't with her as she's on holiday and I've got another midwife who I'm not keen on x

geordie_lass21 said:
Miss Slinky are you sure you can start maternity leave (officially) after you are due? Where I work its the Sunday before your due (So basically the Monday as noone works on a Sunday).

Also apparently if you have the baby early your official maternity commences the day after the baby is born. You wont lose your hols - you either get paid or they add them to the end of your maternity leave.

It might depend on where you work, if its a small place they might do things differently but if you work at a big organisation with HR they will probs do it the right way as I wondered myself how do they actually know you have had the baby early anyway if you are on holiday (unless you are keeping your boss up to date)

I'm due 15th August and planning to work til almost the end of July and take hols til it's due.

I'm an accountant but have a payroll consultant in my office who told me that u can take maternity early but ur maternity must start the Sunday b4 the baby is born .... I was checking as I am not likely to get all my hols if baby comes early & boss is unlikely to carry it forward til next year.... Hope that helps x

oasis6918 said:
Ugh feel like I've been hit by a bus. Woke up during the night a few times with bad stomach pains - I don't think it's a concern for the baby though. Either she's causing it the little angel or it's something I've eaten etc. I also seem to have had a migraine in my sleep so my head is pounding, and my spd was so painful yesterday evening, through the night and this morning.
On a happier note I have my 25 week midwife appointment this morning so prob won't get to work til 11 so my day should go quick :) I did have some questions that I've waited weeks to speak to my midwife about but I found out a couple of days ago my appointment isn't with her as she's on holiday and I've got another midwife who I'm not keen on x

I'm feeling rough too ... Been awake most of the night... Had toast & my bounty pack sachet of ovaltine at 3 but didn't help.... Feel really bloated & windy too... And I've a course all day today .... Yawn! Then back up the road from Belfast to visit daddy in hospital x

Oh sounds like you have a long day, try and take it easy, hope your dad gets better soon x

oasis6918 said:
Oh sounds like you have a long day, try and take it easy, hope your dad gets better soon x

Thanks! It'll b long but nice seeing him at the end of it :0)

Hope ur appt goes well today- I don't have a midwife appt til 15th mar - eager to c what goes on & what they r like lol but mainly 2 hopefully put my mind at easy that bump is growing ok & I'm not just getting fatter lol

I'm going to speak to the midwife about my weight today, she's not very approachable sometimes so we'll see what she says x

oasis6918 said:
I'm going to speak to the midwife about my weight today, she's not very approachable sometimes so we'll see what she says x

I'm dreading that bit... I've over a stone on in 17 weeks - I think about 1st 6 ATM and had just gone off the rails... Really trying to stay back on track now but sweet stuff seems so much more tempting :0/

Test the water with her today sure & c what form she's in- I hope u get the answers u need x

I'm due June 26th and thinking of starting maternity leave beginning of June, that could change though as my work is quite physical and I'm starting to get exhausted and irritable by the end of the week as it is, plus I only get tuesdays off :(

Don't worry bout your weight girls I asked my midwife last time and she basically said they aren't worried about how much you have put on it not, unless the growth of the baby is affected, and noone is going to weigh you anyway.

Back