Pregnancy and Slimming World

There are 3 midwife's at my health centre, mine is fab I'm glad I got her again. The one I'm seeing today is dead chirpy and calls you angel, hun, darling etc and she's lovely most of the time but then she'll say something and she'll sound quite abrupt, sharp and it totally throws me off. Although she's better face to face than when I catch her on the phone. All 3 midwife's there are actually really lovely, if it wasn't for them I'd leave my doctors as they are worse than useless! x

Oh I didn't know your mat leave had to start before boo lol. I get my new holidays on June 20th so have 34 days to use and if I decide to take the full 52 weeks I would lose hols so need a rethink!

My midwife is lovely my student midwife is very much like a wind up doll on speed lol I have my next 16 week appointment a week tomorrow

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
Oh I didn't know your mat leave had to start before boo lol. I get my new holidays on June 20th so have 34 days to use and if I decide to take the full 52 weeks I would lose hols so need a rethink!

My midwife is lovely my student midwife is very much like a wind up doll on speed lol I have my next 16 week appointment a week tomorrow

X x x

I haven't had an appt yet other than my 10 week scan at hospital and I'm in 18th week- is that normal?

Vm019 said:
I haven't had an appt yet other than my 10 week scan at hospital and I'm in 18th week- is that normal?

I don't know hun I'm in Wales so maybe ours is different? I had my booking appointment at 9 weeks then we get one at 16 weeks, 22 weeks, 26 weeks, 30 weeks then every 2 weeks until baby is born

I had a 7 week scan a 12 week scan then I will get my 20 week on the 13th of April

X x x

Well what an absolute carry on at MW this am, appoint was at 9.45 but turns out she told all the women to turn up at 9.45 then she sawpeople by who arrived first. I was 5th out of 7th so I got in at 10.20am, then she told me I had to see dr today and demand app, so got to drs desk and they said no prob appoint @ 10.30am thought great, but dr didnt see me until 10.55am.
Mw and Dr won't let me do SW, mw was funny none of them at that health centre will give permission for any of their ladies to do sw or any other diet.
My Dr said he does not want me doing SW or any other diet, no matter how far along pregnant ladies are or how obese. And absolutely not when about to enter the 3rd trimester, he said if I need to lose weight after birth he is more than happy to help me. He said when your hungry when preg it's because baby is sending hormones to your body letting you know it is in need of something so to eat as healthy as possible. He also said that if I am not gaining weight then baby isnt gaining weight.
I'm totally blown away by there response but I'm not going against what they have said i'd rather get fatter and work harder after baby born than risk any problems. I just can't believe how different dr's surgery's/mw's are.
Sorry for long post just thought I'd let you know how I got on xx

Wow that's so surprising! My me and Dr are both really supportive of sw its funny how different they can be. If they told me not to I would stop aswell though!

X x x

I just presumed they'd think it was fine and they were really against it, so I'll just try eat as healthy as possible but then I might not gain or I might lose without trying so then what? In 3rd trimester your meant to have 2200 cals so maybe I'll stick to that rule then if I don't eat too little/too much surely I can't go wrong? x

That's all you can do really, all the pregnancy things I've read have just said to have an extra bowl of cereal in the third trimester or 2 pieces of buttered toast because that equates to an extra 200 cals

X x x

Hun did you have the nuchal screening and bloods at scan and did you see a consultant r anything there? you should have had bloods done at 16 weeks so you need to get on to them as you really should of seen midwife by now.

My midwife thought it was sad that i felt pressured into joining slimming world whilst pregnant and said that we shouldnt really being putting our selfs under that kind of pressure. but she was ok with it .

I have a diliemma at the moment i havent been for 2 weeks and not sure if i should go back tonight as its gona cost like 15 pound to go and im really sure of cash ... i also think i could do with finding a new group one that weighs on a morning instead of a night time really ...hope everyone is doing ok xxx

I had all my bloodshed done at my 9 week booking app I don't want the downs test so I think I've had them all.

Did all yours come with ticks next to the test? My mw warned me that the ticks just mean you've had that test, it doesn't mean you have it lol, she had someone that called her in a panic thinking she had hiv and syphilis lol

X x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
I had all my bloodshed done at my 9 week booking app I don't want the downs test so I think I've had them all.

Did all yours come with ticks next to the test? My mw warned me that the ticks just mean you've had that test, it doesn't mean you have it lol, she had someone that called her in a panic thinking she had hiv and syphilis lol

X x x

I've had bloods at 10+5 scan but no results r anything and only saw a midwife!

Vm019 said:
I've had bloods at 10+5 scan but no results r anything and only saw a midwife!

Didn't you get a letter? None is alloud to see the results for the hiv test apart from you, it doesn't even go on your medical records.

All the other results you should be able to ring your Dr to get - I think you should give your mw a call chick see what's going on.

X x x

It depends on your area, i live in derbyshire and you have booking in appointment @9-10w, dating scan @12 weeks, midwife @ 16w, scan @20w and next midwife @ 24, 28 (not sure after that)

My sister lives in gateshead and they dont even see the midwife til 24 weeks i think. when you notify doctors you are pregnant you get a 12 week scan date in the post, then @ 16w she goes back to hospital for blood tests (which is when they have downs test there), then 20w scan at hospital - saw the midwife first time at 24 weeks. i was quite surprisd at how different the areas are considering both are in england and ran by nhs.

Oasis - I am so surprised at your midwife and doctor. maybe its because you have lost weight that they are concerned you will continue to do so.

you know it really surprises me, some people eat such rubbish when pregnant (am not saying i am not one of them with the 3 cream eggs and chocolate bar i had on Monday lol or the lovely slice of lemon cake i had with my friend over a coffee a few hours ago) but some people eat takeaways all the time and not much nutritious food - whereas slimming world encourages you to eat healthy food like fruit and veg, and making healthy choices such as lean meats etc. why wouldnt they think that was ok?

you have done so well though, i would just follow the plan loosely (which is what i do when i maintain and have been doing whilst pregnant) - cook your main meals the healthy way and go for healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and give yourself 30 syns instead - the extra 15 syns will be an extra 300 calories for the baby).

To be honest i sort of do the same - having the extra calories as enjoyable stuff rather than waste it on healthy extras :) but ssssshhhhhh dont tell anyone :)

They haven't weighed me since my booking appointment, I've gained at least 12lb's so they'd have no way of knowing what I weigh. I'm surprised to x

Didn't you get a letter? None is alloud to see the results for the hiv test apart from you, it doesn't even go on your medical records.

All the other results you should be able to ring your Dr to get - I think you should give your mw a call chick see what's going on.

X x x

I was told at my midwifes appointment the results for my hiv test and the others

I didnt have the downs tests either i couldnt see point as wouldnt have any further testing later.

I have had a few lots of blood taken though for iron ect .

still dont know wether to go tonight grrr

sweetchant1lly said:
I was told at my midwifes appointment the results for my hiv test and the others

I didnt have the downs tests either i couldnt see point as wouldnt have any further testing later.

I have had a few lots of blood taken though for iron ect .

still dont know wether to go tonight grrr

Really maybe Wales is different but my mw said I need to bring the letter as the only tests they see are my blood and rhesus group

X x x

You are supposed to see a midwife in between the 2 scans and in my area you have a doctor appointment too. The bloods from your book will be discussed here, although if there's nothing wrong most don't say anything
I would ring your surgery and check with them whether you are supposed to have an appointment at 16 weeks or not as my SIL got in trouble for not booking one even though no one told her she had to x
And oasis I wouldn't worry, I have gained around the same as you, maybe more, just relax and listen ton your body when it wants to eat x

Omg did you see how easy labour was for the first girl on obem!

X x x

Back