Pregnancy and Slimming World

I know how lucky.
Baby is kicking and moving like crazy last two days my stomach is sore where baby's head is jammed up high, so just trying to lie and relax x

I'm feeling really angry with my work tonight.

First they have put me on 4 sleep ins this week including a 24 hour shift.

Then they wake me early in the morning trying to make me work with a violent woman to with I said on your bike luv.

Then tonight they've tried to bully me into taking one of the service users to a farm, I just said you do know I'm pregnant yes? She said yeah and. To which I replied well firstly he's building wooden tables, I would be able to give no assistance as I couldn't pick anything heavy up. Second you have no risk assessments in place so anything happens to me and my unborn baby I could and would sue you. Thirdly its lambing season, midwifes warn you not to go near sheep particularly during lamb season as the sheep gives off a pheremone which sets all the other sheep in that field into labour and can cause miscarriage in woman. And fourth in doing 4 sleeps in one week.

So no I will not go, and I don't want any extra shifts this week as I have enough hours this week. Also I will be having a word with my manager because if I say no I am not obligated to tell you why I don't want to work no should suffice.

They really need to buck up their ideas or I'm going to the union!

Cas3 said:
That young girl made it look so easy on obem if only all our births could be like that, wishful thinking.

The younger you are the easier it is - you can 'stretch' better (apparently... I'm not saying this out of personal experience - its just what I was told during my midwifery placement!)

parfittaroles said:
The younger you are the easier it is - you can 'stretch' better (apparently... I'm not saying this out of personal experience - its just what I was told during my midwifery placement!)

I had just turned 21 with my first and was in labour for 36 hours

Cas3 said:
Oh long time mummyclark hope its easier for you this time, I was 22 wiv my first and induced for 8 days, I get my section date nxt wk.

I'm 35 wks today and gained 3lbs in total x

Wow that's fantastic hun well done you!

Tbh I think that girl must just have been built like a bucket because the only other person on that show who has had an equally easy birth was a woman who was on her 7th natural birth lol.

X x x

3lbs is great I assume you have a high bmi to have basically maintained your weigh, could be wrong obviously.

Ooh 8 days, not nice, I was given the induction the day before, and then put on a pitocin drip to speed up the process ( I wasn't allowed to go on longer as I was already 15 days overdue)

Was the one with 7 kids the one in the pool where it popped out lol

Hi girls,

Just read a few pages, don't have time to read all of them now...
Firstly I joined SW 3 weeks ago, tonight is my second WI. I was never told to have a letter or anything... I'm sure my doc would be happy for me to do it though as I have a lot to lose in any case.
In Rep Ireland you generally get a hospital app every 7 or 8 weeks until you are about 25 weeks or so and then it goes to every 4 weeks and somewhere after 32 weeks it goes to every 2 weeks... Not sure about other areas though...

Hope everybody has a fab day xx

mummyClark said:
3lbs is great I assume you have a high bmi to have basically maintained your weigh, could be wrong obviously.

Ooh 8 days, not nice, I was given the induction the day before, and then put on a pitocin drip to speed up the process ( I wasn't allowed to go on longer as I was already 15 days overdue)

Was the one with 7 kids the one in the pool where it popped out lol

No but I remember that one the poor mw didn't even have time to call another mw lol, I loved the mirror she used to be able to look though - it reminded me of the extensions you stick on your car when you tow a caravan lol!

No the 7 kids lady might have been an old series but her waters broke and the baby literally slid out with very minimal effort lol - as my mum said by 7 kids its got to be like shelling peas LOL! If you knew my mother then its not the type of thing that normally comes out of her, she's very prim lol.

X x x

sadolphingirl said:
Hi girls,

Just read a few pages, don't have time to read all of them now...
Firstly I joined SW 3 weeks ago, tonight is my second WI. I was never told to have a letter or anything... I'm sure my doc would be happy for me to do it though as I have a lot to lose in any case.
In Rep Ireland you generally get a hospital app every 7 or 8 weeks until you are about 25 weeks or so and then it goes to every 4 weeks and somewhere after 32 weeks it goes to every 2 weeks... Not sure about other areas though...

Hope everybody has a fab day xx

Hi and welcome :D I have 6 stone to lose to my Target so I'm hoping to lose a little bit of weight then maintain throughout the 3 tri :D we shall see!

X x x

hiya misslinky!
Love the name!!!!!!!
I have lots to lose too but not concentrating on it too much, as long as I don't pick up any more with this pg...
How far along are you now?
I reached my 20 week milestone yesterday! Great relief xx

Thanks :D I won miss slinky in my class last year and I joined here a few weeks after so was feeling inspired by my sash lol!

I was 15 weeks yesterday :D I've lost 4lbs overall so far since finding out I was pregnant so I'm not doing too badly! Lol

X x x

well done on your loss!!!!!!!
I lost 2lb last week, weigh in tonight but not feeling too positive as I've fallen off the so called wagon a few times....
It can be hard when you pregnant, or at least I find it can be hard at times as cravings have started and sometimes they are just too hard to ignore!!!

Is this your first???

I really struggled with sickness and for 3 weeks lived on liquids but it was lucazade and high cal stuff to try and stop me needing a drip but I'm over that now so have been able to concentrate on my diet but I'm bot being too restrictive if I want chocolate I have it! I'm having up to 20 syns a day as I'm over 16 stone lol.

Yep after 3 years of trying me and hubby are over the moon! Were only 25 and 26 but we've been married nearly 3 years and we knew we both really want children :D

What number is it for you?
X x x

Wow, now that makes this baby even more special!!!!
I am 31 this year and this will be baby 3 for me, the last one too!!!!
I was told to have 2 hexa and 2 hexb instead of 1 of each....
Never thought to increase my syns... Sounds good! lol
I wish I was even close to 16 stone! lol
But saying that the weight is coming off so will rather concentrate on that!

As for sickness, had bad days on this one, worst out of all my others... Already starting with the heartburn!

And can't do much exercise as I have bad spd so that doesn't help anything!

Once again congrats on your pg! Hope the last 25 weeks will go smoothly!

Aww congrats! We want a big family :)

If your over 16 stone consultants should advise 15 to 20 syns for anyone on sw so I'm just carrying it on while preggers lol and the 2a and 2b's are awesome! Lol

X x x

3lbs on fir me this week, thats half a pound away from a stone now :(
O well babys happy so not gonna worry too much

Good morning all

Hello to the new mummies to be :wavey:

Sleepy -so sorry for your loss, you take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!!

Well I had my appointment with the head anesthatist yesterday and I have to say he was possibly the most cheerful, lovely official professional person I have ever met :clap:... he was lovely -even if he completely clangered my plans for a C-section via epidural :eek:
His opening statement was "well I have spoken to all the my colleagues and then we ended up googling your condition because basically we have never come across it" :giggle:
Anyway the upshot is that my condition is very rare (which I knew) and that there are only a handful of records of pregnancies occuring with someone with the condition!!! So even though we thought Charliebump was a miracle baby after 9 years of trying -it would seem he is a miracle miracle :bunnydance:
The problem comes though in that the last thing he wants to do is go anywhere near my spine so an epidural or spinal tap is out of the question, so he suggested a C-section under general anaestetic, which threw me as I have had soooo many lumbar punctures I assumed epidural would be the obvious choice -although when I was in Germany (where they realised the UK had got my diagnosis wrong) they said that lumbar punctures were the worst thing for them to have done :eek:,
Anyhoo - he said he would speak to the head obstetric chappie and get back to me. So this morning he has called back to say he has warned the obstatrition that he has a very special case heading his way with very precious cargo on board :p and it seems that after explaining it all to him and him googling it to he is in favour of a general anasthetic C-section -so when I see them on the 23rd we should be able to sort the details out :cross:
He was actually amazed at how healthy all my bloods etc are as you are warned that the 2 worst things for the illness are being over weight and pregnancy -yet somehow Im actually healthier pregnant than not :confused::D

Anyway -on normal subjects -charlieBump is 34 weeks today *sooooooooo exciting* and as yet Im 3.5lbs lighter than when we found out :faint2: -Im certainly not sticking right on plan but I just think I have finally learnt to balance what I eat -so even though I have my share of goodies I also don't go OTT, to be honest though if I don;t get lots of fruit, veg n salad I feel lousy...
I have to say bump is doing fine -they have said at his last scan (32 weeks) that he is about 5lb so he certainly isn't missing out on anything.
I think its just a case of common sense -even when GPs etc say that they don't want you doing SW... afterall its not exactly a strict way of eating is it ;)

Right I will stop yapping for now..
Have a lovely day all and get those feet up!!!

Back