Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm likely to b missing for a while - daddy has caught another infection and is struggling to fight this one so tough times ahead- he has also got mrsa in 2 wounds so need 2 watch myself too. hope everyone is keeping well x

Hope your dad starts getting better soon hun, its really tough when someone you love is unwell in the hospital xxx

Good morning all

Hello to the new mummies to be :wavey:

Sleepy -so sorry for your loss, you take care of yourself and get plenty of rest!!

Well I had my appointment with the head anesthatist yesterday and I have to say he was possibly the most cheerful, lovely official professional person I have ever met :clap:... he was lovely -even if he completely clangered my plans for a C-section via epidural :eek:
His opening statement was "well I have spoken to all the my colleagues and then we ended up googling your condition because basically we have never come across it" :giggle:
Anyway the upshot is that my condition is very rare (which I knew) and that there are only a handful of records of pregnancies occuring with someone with the condition!!! So even though we thought Charliebump was a miracle baby after 9 years of trying -it would seem he is a miracle miracle :bunnydance:
The problem comes though in that the last thing he wants to do is go anywhere near my spine so an epidural or spinal tap is out of the question, so he suggested a C-section under general anaestetic, which threw me as I have had soooo many lumbar punctures I assumed epidural would be the obvious choice -although when I was in Germany (where they realised the UK had got my diagnosis wrong) they said that lumbar punctures were the worst thing for them to have done :eek:,
Anyhoo - he said he would speak to the head obstetric chappie and get back to me. So this morning he has called back to say he has warned the obstatrition that he has a very special case heading his way with very precious cargo on board :p and it seems that after explaining it all to him and him googling it to he is in favour of a general anasthetic C-section -so when I see them on the 23rd we should be able to sort the details out :cross:
He was actually amazed at how healthy all my bloods etc are as you are warned that the 2 worst things for the illness are being over weight and pregnancy -yet somehow Im actually healthier pregnant than not :confused::D

Anyway -on normal subjects -charlieBump is 34 weeks today *sooooooooo exciting* and as yet Im 3.5lbs lighter than when we found out :faint2: -Im certainly not sticking right on plan but I just think I have finally learnt to balance what I eat -so even though I have my share of goodies I also don't go OTT, to be honest though if I don;t get lots of fruit, veg n salad I feel lousy...
I have to say bump is doing fine -they have said at his last scan (32 weeks) that he is about 5lb so he certainly isn't missing out on anything.
I think its just a case of common sense -even when GPs etc say that they don't want you doing SW... afterall its not exactly a strict way of eating is it ;)

Right I will stop yapping for now..
Have a lovely day all and get those feet up!!!

Babe if i can give you one bit of advise with a c section under general make sure its in your birth plan that you want sitting up as soon as possible...with my emergency under general they left me flat on my back for hours and sitting up was the most horrid experiance ..with deven they sat me up really quick and it made life so much easier ...hope you dont mind me saying that just thought it made such a differnce for my recovery

Last edited:
Slightly worried, I haven't felt my LO move today, don't know whether iv just been busy, but now I'm paranoid :(

You've probably just been to busy to notice hun, I'm sure when you sit down to chill you will get a kicking.

X x x

Slightly worried, I haven't felt my LO move today, don't know whether iv just been busy, but now I'm paranoid :(

Go pour yourself a really cold drink, preferably with ice that's one of the first things the hospital likes to try for low/no movements but just be warned it sometimes turns babies into energizer bunnies when you will be begging them to just stay still for a second :p, laying on your side is supposed to help too if that does nothing maybe give your midwife a ring in the morning and she should be able to put your mind at ease a bit. Probably nothing but never hurts to keep an eye on it hugs Crystal xx

I was awake during mine sections but with my first I sat up straight away when got bk to ward but wiv my lo I was left to lie flat and it was so uncomfortable so maybe it was one factors that made recovery longer, thanks hun for posting that x

Your welcome hun i can honestly say the difference was amazing and its going in my birth plan this time sit me up asap ..i think if your sat up when the pain killers and anthestic still has some affect it helps a lot

Ok panic over, after a stressful day, finally got home and had some tea, baby is kicking like crazy, so I'm guessing yesterday she was resting so didn't feel her much and I just haven't had time to pay attention today

Glad to hear baby is moving around mummyclark, it can be a real worry at times!!!

VM hope your dad gets better soon xx

Had a bad day today, not food wise, emotion wise... People just look at me funny and I start crying!!!
Hope it passes tomorrow...

Has anyone ever had a video baby monitor and a movement one?

I can't find one that does both! So I'm bidding on one of each on ebay lol if I can get both for £100 its cheaper than buying one of them brand new.

X x x

Morning all

VM019 -so sorry for you loss my lovely :bighug:, as you say-at least now he is out of pain - it doesn't make it any easier for you mind. You get those feet up now and catch up on some relaxing time for you and your precious cargo!!!!

Sweetchant1lly+Cas3 -thanks for that advice, its not something that would have occured to me, but now I will make it clear that they are to sit me up ASAP -I have informed hubby that he is to make sure Im up as soon as they can do it -even if Im still away with the fairies :p.
Can I ask -how long was it between getting knocked out and you seeing your babies?

MummyClarke -soooo glad your little one is wriggling about again, when we were about 24 weeks we ended up doing a mad dash to the GP followed by one straight to the early maternity unit after our little tinker decided to stop moving -we have never been so scared in our lives -I don't know how people with problem pregnancies cope -I would be bloomin certified :fear:. Thankfully now my little wriggle pants is quite good with me and provides me with plenty of rolls, kicks n shoves to keep me happy -hence being up at 6:30am on a Saturday :p -Im sure he was doing the hokey cokey in there today :clap:. Like yours mine seems to have days where he can't keep still and then a day after he will be a lazy bones and just give me an occasional poke as if to say "ok Im still here -now leave me alone to sleep" :D

Well we need to nip out this morning for some more salad stuff and I need a new pair of trousers as Charliebump simply ain't gonna fit in my trousers much longer -I made it to 34+2 without having to buy anything, but its time to admit defeat :p
Other than that Im planning a lazy day, just Charlies ironing to do and then I need to double check my list for my hospital case so I can get any last bits...
Hubby got me a HUGE tub of aqueous cream from the chemist yesterday as I'm itching like hell at times -mainly my feet, hands and belly -I got them to do bloods to make sure nothing was wrong with my liver -and they came back OK so I can cope now I know it can't hurt bumpsy -although it is bloomin irritating.. still, in the grand scheme of things its pretty trivial isn't it!!

Right -off for my orange juice.
Have a lovely day everyone and rest those bumps...

Vm019 said:
No more suffering any more for wee daddy bear x

I'm so sorry hun but at least he's not in pain anymore, I lost my dad last Feb. Pm me if you need to chat huni x x x

Vm- so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself xx

Capricorn- I was luckly with my sections I was awake so got to see my babies being born, so not sure how long your out for but I couldn't move for 24 hrs as most of your body is still numb so you can't get up till the next day, I'll be asking to be sat up this time as its so uncomfortable lying flat especially when you get visitors x

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend x

Vm im so sorry for your loss hunny big hugs to you xxx

capricorn my c section when i was knocked out was an emergency so its probably a bit differnt i think they gave me a huge whack of anethestic and to be honest it took me till the next day to feel anywhere near capable of looking after my baby i was also on morphine drip though and think that kept me spaced out.

Im sure under a normal anesthetic you should be around within an hour.

make sure hubby sits with you and holds the baby near so you feel safe ..with katie they kept dumping her on the side of the bed and expecting me to hold and feed her and i just felt total spaced and lost. Im sure this is going to be totally differnt for you as they will have time to deal with everything properly rather than it being a knock mum out the babys heart has stopped beating.

I know they passed me deven when he was born and i had the spinal in but even then i asked them to take him as i just didnt feel secure in holding him or him just being laid by my side ..when i go to recovery though they sat me up and i could hold and cuddle him fine .

If hubby is by your side though even if your sleepy you will know he is safe and be able to have hugs ect

I was on a drip afterwards for about day, the problem I had was after birth my partner was asked to leave while I went into recovery if I didnt try and bf baby would of been took bk to the ward and my oh wasnt allowed to come into ward till visiting hours started, he waited for me to come out of theatre and came with me to the ward and was asked to come bk during visiting hours and I was left to look after baby myself even though I couldnt hold her or anything, it would of been much better if oh was allowed to stay with me as I was quite ill afterwards x

I've just been told by a psychic I'm going to have a little boy and he's going to look like my dad or have a similar name to my dad lol

She also said I might have to finish work earlier because of high blood pressure :/

X x x

Back